Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 20 - Scoreboard [8 of 8 Games Completed]

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGL20_Final_zpsf4b027cf.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SB10Final_zpsd6087778.png

Please note that we are using the % scoring system for this MGL. The highest score in each game will receive 100 points/percent and each player below that score will receive a % of the highest score. The maximum therefore that anyone can score after all eight games are completed is 800 points for 8 wins.

16-Feb-2014:

After Game 1, Black Tiger brought out the best in most players as they hit new PBs and the old AA record "bit the dust".

Many players haven't played all three games yet and many first scores are in Games 2 and 3.

A lot to play for yet ... 7 games to go!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SB1_zps9298f04c.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's early in the league but I have already proven that I am not a contender..... oh well, I'll just have fun with it.

Don't worry about it too much. I was convinced before my first MGL that I would crush everyone with my arcade skills - haven't even managed a top 3 finish after about 8 MGL's - some of these guys grew up in arcades - it's all about having some fun and doing your best - which you already are :) Just look at the points table and see if you can move yourself up over the person one in front of you.

It's early in the league but I have already proven that I am not a contender..... oh well, I'll just have fun with it.

To be great at anything takes practice, practice, practice, learning, patience, skill refinement, thinking outside the box and fun.

If you put the fun and effort in, you will be rewarded.

And if you play for fun and improve your skills, hit PBs and enjoy this community, well you're a winner in my books ... :041:

You might be surprised. It only takes a high score in 1 or 2 games to really move up the table. Hang in there.

You might be surprised. It only takes a high score in 1 or 2 games to really move up the table. Hang in there.

Especially if a game comes up where you can absolutely crush all before you - you'll get 100% and the next best might be 50, 25 or even less :) The only game where I think I can crush most people, I still have to content with that Macauley character posting a massive score also.

Especially if a game comes up where you can absolutely crush all before you - you'll get 100% and the next best might be 50, 25 or even less :) The only game where I think I can crush most people, I still have to content with that Macauley character posting a massive score also.

Who? Moi? Surely you jest. Nothing further on jumping jack from me. I'm in Sydney without any mame access until I get home late Sunday night. And I suck at q'bert

After Game 2, the scoreboard stands as follows ...

The Top 3 have made a mini break from the rest of the group.

From positions 4 to 10 lies only 34.79 points difference, a very close bunch, yet only 84.5 points at worst from the lead.

From positions 11 to 25, it's early days only, so much yet to be played for ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SBAfterGame2_zpsfe31512a.png

As chrisbo posted earlier, a good score will make a huge difference and take you near the top ...

6 games to go and the games to come will be quite a surprise ...

Also there are 21 players eligible to be in the draw for the mystery prize after games 1 and 2, if they play all 8 games.

Edited by OOO

I dare say this is the first time Rob hasn't been in the top 3 after 2 games played, have the gods of the selection process thrown a curve ball at you? I know you're doing well in in Tiger Heli, but it looks like Q*Bert isn't a favorite of yours. Could the massive run of first place finishes end?

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt take long to get used to. I just use the arrow keys

Yeah but you're a gaming freak - thanks to you and Chrisbo, I thought I was gonna score some decent points in JJ - ended up with only 56 points for finishing 4th, I'm never ever cheering for NZ in the cricket again :P

Yeah but you're a gaming freak - thanks to you and Chrisbo, I thought I was gonna score some decent points in JJ - ended up with only 56 points for finishing 4th, I'm never ever cheering for NZ in the cricket again :P

Its all Chrisbo's fault - he made me play it again!

Wait, you cheered for us in the first place?! I support two teams: NZ, and anyone playing Australia :laugh:

;)

Its all Chrisbo's fault - he made me play it again!

Wait, you cheered for us in the first place?! I support two teams: NZ, and anyone playing Australia :laugh:

;)

I only cheer for NZ in the cricket because I loathe every other nation :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Using an upright arcade cabinet. I dont have any games on my computer. Bought the cabinet off ebay.

So you've got the control set up as Brad suggested? You need it on diagonal I believe - unless you can rotate the joy to 45 degree's you may find it easier playing with MAME on your PC. Just my guess though :)

Yes I did nominate this game, but honestly, MGL say's the game should be playable on 4 or 8 way, 2 or 3 buttons max - we never ever made mention of games having to be played with joys set to 45 degree's - in all honesty this game is probably not suited to a cab unless you can get your stick set at 45 degree's - sure you can learn, but it's just not natural.

I've never played an original Q*Bert, I'd think the controls would feel rather weird just going for the diags :unsure

I dare say this is the first time Rob hasn't been in the top 3 after 2 games played, have the gods of the selection process thrown a curve ball at you? I know you're doing well in in Tiger Heli, but it looks like Q*Bert isn't a favorite of yours. Could the massive run of first place finishes end?

A curve ball perhaps but I've said time and time again I've had a bloody good run as far as game selections go. Something had to give eventually. Q*Bert is just a game I never got my head around and never put in the effort to do so. I'll keep plugging away at it for the next few days and see what happens

A curve ball perhaps but I've said time and time again I've had a bloody good run as far as game selections go. Something had to give eventually. Q*Bert is just a game I never got my head around and never put in the effort to do so. I'll keep plugging away at it for the next few days and see what happens

I've had many many game's of Q*Bert, it honestly is a bloody hard game to master. I've watched a little bit of George Leutz playing and a hell of a lot of Ed Heemskerk playing. Watch a bit of them and you quickly think this game is easy, this game really is ridiculously hard. One of those games where you can watch someone play live and think, yep I can do that, but try to do it yourself and it's a whole lot harder.

Don't want to start the debate over people live streaming in the first week again :) But yeah, I've watched a lot of Ed playing Q*Bert and it did very little for my game play TBO. There are, IMO, just some games that you are either going to be a natural at or you won't and any number of games or watching others won't help you out - I've watched many many games of DK, Dean Saglio for example, can I duplicate what he does on 1-1? No friggin way. I do think some games are just built into your DNA or they aren't.

Exciting stuff. But im in trouble only getting 3-4 k on qbert lol. Keep jumping off the edge.

Are you playing with joystick or keyboard? If keyboard, you may need to remap the keys - using the arrows sucks balls with Q*Bert.

Listen to John... he knows what he is talking about :)

I have changed to using keyboard for this game (for now, I will try remapping my joystick, but for now keyboard is working well). My scores aren't great but am getting around 20k at the moment. With my joystick not remapped it was driving me bonkers and my scores were very low.

After Game 3, the scoreboard stands as follows ...

bworldmv just keeps steadily improving his skills and scores and goes from 14th to 13th place.

DKong scores a terrific 348K and 2nd place on Tiger Heli and moves from 15th to 7th place !!!

Brett2280 scores better on Tiger Heli than chrisbo and passes him to move into 2nd place.

Everyone else didn't move up (or not that much) after Game 3 compared to after Game 2.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SBAfterGame3_zps5561fc0d.png

Even after 3 games I can't make out who the Top 10 finish will be. It's all up to you guys ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif

5 games to go ...

Also there are 21 players eligible to be in the draw for the mystery prize after games 1, 2 and 3, if they play all 8 games.

Edited by OOO

After Game 4, the scoreboard stands as follows ...

Another Rat just steadily keeps improving over the weeks and goes from 14th place to 12th place.

Foot holds like a game of chess 10th place for the 3rd week in a row.

DKong's great 3rd place in Q*bert takes him from 7th to 5th place. (He started from 12th place after Game 1!)

John73 tops Q*bert for the 100 points, and jumps from 11th place to 3rd place ... wow that's a big improvement!

chrisbo hits a nice 2nd in Game 4, takes the overall lead and forces the 3rd overall lead change in 5 weeks.

A shame Brett2280 could not get Q*bert going on his cab, no score submitted, but he still holds 4th place ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SBAfterGame4_zps37827beb.png

4 games to go ...

There are 18 players eligible to be in the draw for the mystery prize after Game 4, if they play all 8 games.

Looking interesting for the top 2 positions, all indications to date are that Barra is going to smash everyone in Bank Panic and Chrisbo will do the same in Bomb Jack. I don't see a score from Barra on RU for Bomb Jack so it's possibly a game he doesn't play.

Looking interesting for the top 2 positions ...

I don't know about the top 2, but from positions 3 to 29 there is a hell of a lot of gaming to go ... 4 down, 4 to go ...

After Game 5 scores just in, the scoreboard stands as follows and this is what happened ...

bondy, wolfman24, Nicko71, camaro and kane all move up one place on the overall scoreboard.

Mameshane moves from 15th to 12th place.

Another Rat just keeps improving week to week since this competition started. From 12th place last week up to a fine 9th place, thanks to an excellent 3rd placing in Bank Panic.

outrun86 and Brad score well enough in Bank Panic to hold their positions compared to last week: 8th and 7th respectively.

RMacauley ominously scores well in the last game to go from 6th to 4th place.

Brett2280, despite no scores in the last 2 games, still holds 5th place based on his very strong showing in the first 3 games.

John73 holds 3rd place thanks to the 11.70 points gained from Game 5. Without these points, he'd slip into 4th place behind RMacauley.

And ... the lead changes again, Barra wins game 5 and manages to get a tiny lead on chrisbo in 2nd place.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SBAfterGame5_zpsf44b1bf6.png

3 games to go ...

As for the mystery prize, there are now 17 players eligible to be in the draw for the mystery prize after Game 5, if they play all 8 games.

After Game 6, the scoreboard stands as follows ...

Notable scoreboard climbs are ...

Rat from 26th to 21st

Foot 11th to 10th

Brad 7th to 6th

DKong 6th to 5th

And again ... a lead change ... chrisbo takes back the no.1 spot from Barra who is now in 2nd place.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/SBAfterGame6_zps6416e542.png

2 games and 2 weeks to go ...

As for the mystery prize, there are now 15 players eligible to be in the draw for the mystery prize after Game 6, if they play all 8 games.