This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OOO View Post
    I just want to say sincerely that you are a very good player.
    And if you think you can do it, then maybe it does happen ...

Enjoy the final week, it will be interesting ...

Ha ha! Get your Kung Fu Slippers on.... I predicted myself as 7th place weeks ago on one of the threads...can u make a fool of me Daniel san!

Comment

Originally posted by outrun86 View Post
      Ha ha! Get your Kung Fu Slippers on.... I predicted myself as 7th place weeks ago on one of the threads...can u make a fool of me Daniel san!
      Why not aim for 6th?

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Originally posted by Barra View Post
        Why not aim for 6th?
        I'm a statistics kinda guy...looked at my data history and it had 7th staring me in the face lol

Comment

After 9 weeks of challenging gaming in this 9th year of MGL history ... MGL 20 has now come to a close.
          The final standings are below:

Congratulations to the Top 5 in MGL 20!
          Many others finished close to that 5 and a few scores here and there would have made a big difference.

Congratulations to chrisbo on his maiden MGL win, after a fine 2nd in MGL 18, a close win indeed!
          Congrats to Barra on achieving a great second, as he was toing and froing for much of this MGL for the lead, down to the wire at the end, close … close … close …
          Congrats to RMacauley who takes out a podium finish 3rd place from outrun86 and Brad, outrun86 scoring in the last game predicting 7th place overall and getting it all wrong and hits a mighty 4th place.
          DKong, John73 and Another Rat played very well to finish in the Top 8.

Overall 8 games were contested and there were 6 different game winners with 8 new AA records set ... all 6 previous MGL game records were broken … so congratulations to those who posted a game win too …

I have updated the virtual trophies for the Top 3.

Champion:
          chrisbo

2nd:
          Barra

3rd:
          RMacauley

I hope you all enjoyed MGL 20 as you are the reason the MGL is a lot of fun and exciting.
          Your nominations determine the games that are played and you share the knowledge and experience of the gaming challenges ahead.
          The live streams were fun to watch and gives that arcade feel to see someone else play.
          The MGL will be back for MGL 21 in the near future.
          Break time, please enjoy it ...

OOO

PS: The mystery prize will be drawn in a few minutes …
          Last edited by OOO; 8th July 2017, 10:02 AM.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

Thanks 000 for running the tournament. Was a lot of fun.

Comment

Phew, it really did come down to the wire.

Great MGL, had a lot of fun.

And BIG thanks to OOO for such a professional and entertaining undertaking as coordinator. Top job!
              sigpic

Comment

Yes OOO, brilliantly run MGL , it's been really enjoyable and a surprise to end in 4th... I don't think I'll give up my day job and become a fortune teller.

Surprise games for me that I'd never played were Bank Panic and Jumping Jack great fun.
                Q*Bert and Bomb Jack I've seen before, never played and wouldn't mind if I don't play them again... My Crush Roller of sorts.
                My only game nominated and selected was Slap Fight, my favorite game of MGL XX.
                Converted and really like Black Tiger now and it was fun to see more of Tiger Heli since last playing it over 20 years ago in our local Chip shop.!

Congrats to the individual game winners and top 3 overall.

Look forward to the next MGL

Comment

As for what I said in the Kung Fu thread, thanks OOO - great tournament.

Jumping Jack was the find of the tournament for me - fantastic find, will have to remember to play it again soon. I've also got renewed desire to learn how to marathon Q*Bert after this tournament (actually played again today for the 1st time). Bombjack is always a great game, even if I can't master it.

MGL turn's 21 soon

Comment

MGL 20 Statistics

Here are the statistics of the nominations received for MGL 20 ...
                    22 players sent a PM to the MGL organiser for a total of 105 votes.
                    (Each player could nominate up to 5 different games)
                    Each game nominated counts as one vote.
                    Only 8 games could be played in MGL 20.
                    The games with the most votes qualified for MGL 20.

One game received 5 votes and automatically qualified – Slap Fight.
                    Another 5 games received 3 votes and automatically qualified.
                    These were Bank Panic, Bomb Jack, Kung-Fu Master, Q*bert and Tiger Heli.

The next highest vote was 2, and 9 games had 2 votes.
                    These were Berzerk, Black Tiger, Bullfight, Circus Charlie, Jumping Jack, Pengo, Phoenix, Raiden and Shinobi.
                    With 6 games automatically qualified, there were only 2 games left that could qualify to make up the 8 to be played.
                    So 2 games were drawn by chance from the 9 games with 2 votes each.
                    Black Tiger and Jumping Jack were the games to be drawn by chance to qualify for MGL 20 ...

Of the 22 Player nominations:
                    16 Players had at least 1 game played that they nominated
                    6 Players had at least 2 of their nominated games played
                    2 Players had 3 of their nominated games played … Blktgr74 and Nicko71
                    6 Players did not have any of their games qualify
                    1 Player nominated only 1 game – Bomb Jack, and it qualified, I sent a PM, but he did not submit a score Skarn

31 players submitted scores in MGL 20, equaling the maximum number of players record set by MGL 13.
                    Over 1740 posts were made in MGL 20, setting a new record for number of posts in a MGL, beating the previous record of 1550 in MGL 13, which had 4 extra games (12 total) played over an extra 4 weeks.

In the 9 year history of the MGL, 140 different games have been played … and I can tell you now by experience … there are so many great games that have not been played so far … and then again, so many gems have been played in that 140 that I recommend you play them too … MGL 21 to find out …

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

Originally posted by OOO View Post
                      MGL 20 Statistics
                      The next highest vote was 2, and 9 games had 2 votes.
                      These were Berzerk, Black Tiger, Bullfight, Circus Charlie, Jumping Jack, Pengo, Phoenix, Raiden and Shinobi.
                      With 6 games automatically qualified, there were only 2 games left that could qualify to make up the 8 to be played.
                      So 2 games were drawn by chance from the 9 games with 2 votes each.
                      Black Tiger and Jumping Jack were the games to be drawn by chance to qualify for MGL 20 ...
                      So glad that Jumping Jack came up - never ever heard of it, and it was a great game. I was rather crap at Black Tiger, but I did get into it by the end and it wasn't nearly as bad as I first thought - must have another go at it in the future.

If I have time in the next couple of days I'll go through the list of nominated games I haven't heard of and have a look at them, might make it easier for me to pick games next time as all my favorites have pretty much been played in MGLs

Comment

Massive congrats to chrisbo - just too good. Looking at the scoreboard, you only beat me on 3 games. Just goes to show you are a great all-around gamer and can play pretty much anything well.
                        Also well done to RMacauley and outrun86. You guys put up competitive scores on every game, came in 3rd and 4th without breaking the top 3! Awesome achievement, you guys too are obviously skilled gamers.
                        To everyone else thanks for a great MGL. This has been one of my favourite tournaments to date. Loved every bit of it. Some great discussion too. Not sure what games Ill play outside of the competition, probably only Bank Panic at this stage.
                        Last but not least, OOO. You run an amazing tournament, very organised and professional. We competitiors REALLY appreciate it. Just play more of the games would ya!

Time to focus on other games and scores for a bit, but always, looking forward to the next one!

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

Thanks Barra, you put up some great scores..... So close in the end.

Comment

Congrats to the winners, awesome playing!

Thanks to OOO for running the comp again, great job
                            "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Barra View Post
                              Massive congrats to chrisbo - just too good. Looking at the scoreboard, you only beat me on 3 games.
                              Actually, it looks like it was just the 2 games (Bomb Jack and QBert) but I pocketed nearly 90 points more than you on BJ which probably was the decider. Using a different scoring system would have most likely made you the winner.

I'm already feeling withdrawals for more gameplay. If I don't finish my cabinet for the next MGL I may as well just torch the thing!
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for running the comp OOO - great job and commentary. I like the stats you provide in post #39 and for me I think the second time in a row I've had no games selected! I'm a poor player and nominator Bank Panic was the pic of the crop for me - never seen it before and thought it was a great game.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X