Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 20 - Game 3 ~ Tiger Heli ~ [FINISHED]

Tank Fest ?

MGL 20 ? Game 3 ~ Tiger Heli

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TigerHeliMGL20Settings_zps29201167.png

Nominated by AA legends: Blktgr74, Brad, and nicko71

Current AA Champ of Tiger Heli: DKong 216,980

ROM: tigerh (US)

Game Story:

Players pilot a helicopter in this top-view challenging shooter. Little side or forward firing helicopters may be picked up and will fly alongside the main helicopter. Survive ship, land and air attacks.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Tiger Heli finishes Sunday 2 March 2014, 7pm Sydney Time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above.

GAME 3 GO TIME!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/smileys-play-109020_zps600680e0.gifhttp://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/smileys-play-109020_zps600680e0.gifhttp://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/smileys-play-109020_zps600680e0.gif

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TigerHeliSB6Final_zps3d66a872.png

Congratulations to OOO for setting a new AA record and winning Game 3.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TigerHeliMGL20Winner_zpsea086931.png

:)

Edited by OOO

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another game. Lol. Just hopped into bed after failing to better my jumping jack score now you tease me with this. Cant wait till tomorrow

Hopped into bed, or jumped into bed?

You'll better your Jumping Jack score, you'll see ... then Tiger Heli, god have mercy on your chopper ... :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Well this game of Tiger Heli marks a special anniversary for one AA member.

Almost 5 years ago: MGL 8, Game 9 Tiger Heli, same game all those years ago, check this out ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/kane_TigerHeliMGL8_Game_9_zps2735ac60.png

And he said he isn't any good.

Bluffing like when he plays poker, he's got a loaded hand.

Who has the MGL records for Berzerk, Carnival, Crazy Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Scrambled Egg and Space Chaser?

"I won't beat anyone" ... @kane :lol

0002.png.0c56a236e8d5b476ff2924c92e8657b6.png

First in with a lousy score.. another new one for the cab, i've spent untold hours looking at lists, searching, trialing and ferreting out the best of the arcades to put on my cab, and even now there's little gems that pop up i've missed like jumping jack and this.. it was a search of lists of games that bought me to an MGL thread on AA many moons ago, just took me a while to get the cab together and join in the fun..

tho those flashing orbs of doom are made of pure playerendium.. and really, only total muppets would send out their one hope of freedom without making sure it was more maneuverable than uluru, so in my own little back story the player is russian and its the latest tiger attack chopper from lada..

0000.png.9f4b8ece60fe518afcbf7e454965b25e.png

did much better at this on the cab.. tempted to rotate the screen for this and jack but she who also games will kill me as her pinball fx scores go to hell on a vertical screen..

hey @John73 this game is not a button masher, one of the best shmups if you ask me. Lure the enemy fire then go in for kill. Going for a PB on this one.

Hmmm, I'll have to try with that approach then :)

- - - Updated - - -

huh? games get released Thursday or Fridays?

Normally Friday, but occasionally Thursday, OOO might of had plans for tonight meaning it had to be posted last night.

• Administrators
You forgot so bad that you nominated it for this MGL and your pick came through ... :laugh:

Thats the irony of it. I have fond memories of playing the Amiga version, saw it in my mame list and thought why not. I'm so tired of seeing the same games come up in MGL I went for stuff I hadn't played in them before, hence Jumping Jacking which I've never played before and Tiger Heli after seeing it through random chance in my list. Boy am I paying the price for trying to avoid the old favourites ;)

Brad

I nominated this game because I have an original board for it. (Or original bootleg at least)

It came in a cocktail cab I bought. The guy I bought it off loved the game, it was a reluctant sale, but he had been playing it for years with a four way joystick set up. Don't know how he did it..

Well this game of Tiger Heli marks a special anniversary for one AA member.

Almost 5 years ago: MGL 8, Game 9 Tiger Heli, same game all those years ago, check this out ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/kane_TigerHeliMGL8_Game_9_zps2735ac60.png

And he said he isn't any good.

Bluffing like when he plays poker, he's got a loaded hand.

Who has the MGL records for Berzerk, Carnival, Crazy Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Scrambled Egg and Space Chaser?

"I won't beat anyone" ... @kane :lol

Yeah, Tiger Heli was the first game I ever played in an MGL, almost 5 years ago now. 5 years is probably not a long enough break for this game though :088:

Decent score..... can't wait to close my shop and have a go tonight :)

It's a challenging game and plenty of players are having a go ... there will be quite a few scores and broken choppers by the time you play tonight ... :laugh:

Not a happy camper right now.

Every single death in this game was caused 100% by my useless piece of shit joystick absolutely refusing to move in a downwards direction. Left, right, up and all diagonals are OK but down seems to work when it feels like it. I noticed it at times in the last MGL and shmups off. Seemed OK most of the time on Black Tiger but enough is enough. For now I'll use the 10+ year old OzStick which still has a bit of life left in it but really it's time to go shopping.

Rant over

- - - Updated - - -

It's a challenging game and plenty of players are having a go ... there will be quite a few scores and broken choppers by the time you play tonight ... :laugh:

And if I had an axe there would be at least one broken joystick. Maybe a trip to Bunnings is in order. :021:

tigerh.png.2d98769adf49ab5e89ef11f90c5eeae8.png

121, 500 ... joystick absolutely refusing to move in a downwards direction.

Nice opening score Rob,

I think to replace the joystick would cost about $20.00 - $30.00 and save you buying more furniture to replace the broken furniture.

I think it is far cheaper to replace the joystick than it is your tables, glasses, desks, PC and chairs. Plus you will reduce the noise that disturbs the neighbours ... :realmad:

Nice opening score Rob,

I think to replace the joystick would cost about $20.00 - $30.00 and save you buying more furniture to replace the broken furniture.

I think it is far cheaper to replace the joystick than it is your tables, glasses, desks, PC and chairs. Plus you will reduce the noise that disturbs the neighbours ... :realmad:

Yeah my joystick isn't doing what I want it to, especially when I have my hand on it. 😂