Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 19 - Game 4 ~ Pooyan ~ [FINISHED]

Bacon Challenge No.4 …

MGL 19 – Game 4 ~ Pooyan

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PooyanMGL19_Final_zps21d678cb.png

Nominated by AA legends: Foot, John73 and RMacauley

Current AA Champ of Pooyan: Amy 473,450

ROM: pooyan

Game Story:

Armed with a bow and arrows and slabs of meat, mama pig must defend/save her piggies (pooyans) from the wolves ballooning up or down the cliff. Move up and down, shoot the balloons, watch the wolves plummet and splat. There are various bonus rounds.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Pooyan finishes Sunday 20 October 2013, 7pm AEST.

Please make sure your settings are as above. Thanks.

GAME 4 ON!

:p :p :p :p

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game4PooyanSBFinal_zpsb9bf2f5d.png

Congratulations to RMacauley for setting a new AA record and winning Game 4.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PooyanMGL19Winner_zpsa7257ed3.png

:)

Edited by OOO
Updated to post #77, Game Finished
  • Like 1

Wooohooo... Was hoping this game would be included, I know Rob can easily beat me on this game from seeing a score of his on MARP, but I still enjoy this game. Not really getting into Pac or Dig, so this will give me something to play :)

It probably should be mentioned, that point leeching is possible on the odd numbered stages (I was never able to do it successfully), but excessive point leeching is, as always, a no no :) It's pretty easy to tell from your final score/stage if you've been a naughty leecher :)

- - - Updated - - -

pooyan.png.ba44153dd4c030d1db87bed0b351fd08.png

Rob or someone else should be along tonight to blow this score out of the window :)

• Like 1

Saw Pooyan named as game 4 last night so I figured I'd have 1 game before bed. 46 minutes later...... a new personal best.

So then I had to decide whether to potentially kill off the game in less than 2 hours or hold off and play some more later. Submitted it to MARP this morning.

I really like this game. I've used it as a stress reliever during a few Funspot comps. They have the Stern version. It's a bit harder.

pooyan.png.2920079b9cb7af87c2403731d5965865.png

• Like 1

Saw Pooyan named as game 4 last night so I figured I'd have 1 game before bed. 46 minutes later...... a new personal best.

So then I had to decide whether to potentially kill off the game in less than 2 hours or hold off and play some more later. Submitted it to MARP this morning.

I really like this game. I've used it as a stress reliever during a few Funspot comps. They have the Stern version. It's a bit harder.

:o I think that was about 200k better than the score of yours I saw on TG

MGL record for Pooyan goes down in the first 24 hours

• Like 1

:o I think that was about 200k better than the score of yours I saw on TG

MGL record for Pooyan goes down in the first 24 hours

IIRC my TG score was 495K.

Previous best on MAME was 515K in the lead up to MGL 18. Had a game just in case it came up. Best on an actual machine is 574K on the Stern version last year.

• Like 1

IIRC my TG score was 495K.

Previous best on MAME was 515K in the lead up to MGL 18. Had a game just in case it came up. Best on an actual machine is 574K on the Stern version last year.

I've got a score of 243k I think on MARP for this. I'm positive I used to be able to play for over 30mins on this (should be closer to 400k) when I was a kid, we had this game in our shop for a period - the guys that owned the arcade used to rotate the games every two weeks or so... but damned if I can last 30 mins anymore.

I'll be happy if I can beat my MARP score and possibly push towards 300k

• Like 1

New PB :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55930[/ATTACH]

Excellent John, a new PB.

Don't stop now, you have 2 more weeks to go!

Where will your top score go, or how high can you climb? (woops - sounds just like DK :redface)

- - - Updated - - -

46 minutes later...... a new personal best.
Beauty!

Just play great and keep playing! :035:

You haven't killed off anything. :065:

Score 5 million on this game and then we will all consider if the game is killed or not ... :laugh:

• Like 1

What is weird about a pig in an elevator shooting wolves with balloons?

I don't know, what is weird about a pig in an elevator shooting wolves with balloons? :pig:

(John73 or azathoth, you're supposed to give us the punch line now ... :laugh:)

• Like 1

First game of this in a while, I remember seeing the ATARI 2600 port when I was in high school in a magazine and loved the word, instead of calling Bullshit I would say PooYan, my mates and I still laugh about it to this day.

• Like 1

It would appear as though I've peeked already on this one, can't even manage to get 200k now :(

Amen to that. I've played a few games since and not got close to my score. Highest since then is over 200K lower.

Had a few ales. Might fire Pooyan up again in a few minutes just for fun. Could be interesting. :40s:

• Like 1

Amen to that. I've played a few games since and not got close to my score. Highest since then is over 200K lower.

Had a few ales. Might fire Pooyan up again in a few minutes just for fun. Could be interesting. :40s:

One of those games I find the better I get the more I try to point push with slowing down balloons to get more in a row to hit them with the meat, such an awesome original game for 1982

Konami you did it again

• Like 1