Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 19 - Game 3 ~ Pac-man ~ [FINISHED]

OOO

Mighty Challenge No.3 ?

MGL 19 ? Game 3 ~ Pac-man

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/PacmanMGL19_2_zpsb844d80b.png

Nominated by AA legends: Dkong and nicko71

Current AA Champ of Pac-man: Dkong 173,360

ROM: puckman (Japan set 1)

Game Story:

A yellow, pie-shaped character named Pac-Man runs along inside a maze, eating dots as it avoids four ghosts. Each ghost has its own unique personality and gobbling one of the four super dots makes Pac-Man invincible to the ghosts for a given period of time. Each maze has its own unique bonus fruit or object with bonus points increasing as the game progresses.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Pac-man finishes Sunday 13 October 2013, 7pm AEST.

Please make sure your settings are as above. Thanks.

GAME 3 ON!

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3PacmanSBFinal_zps27f87517.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/nicko71congrats_zpsfc462690.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/Pacman_MGL19_Winner_zps0469e9be.png

:)

Edited by OOO
Updated to post #93, Game Finished

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have already beaten my best lol

Come on, what is it? Post a score :)

@DKong is the one to watch out for here, previous MGL score of 173k

And I'd also keep an eye on @OOO (Come on, you know you want to submit a score of Pac-Man) - he opened up a can of whoop arse on us during the Puck Off that we ran last Christmas break.

Come on, what is it? Post a score :)

@DKong is the one to watch out for here, previous MGL score of 173k

And I'd also keep an eye on @OOO (Come on, you know you want to submit a score of Pac-Man) - he opened up a can of whoop arse on us during the Puck Off that we ran last Christmas break.

Yeah Dkong is the current champ, so it will be interesting where he can take the score this time around. :081:

I am Digging and Dugging at the moment ... damn pooka and fygar!

- - - Updated - - -

Woka woka woka. Yay I'll miss the first week while off on holidays

Have fun

Woka woka too :laugh:, but WHERE are you going on holidays?

The US to visit the arcades and play Pac-man there? :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Exam tomorrow morning, might celebrate afterwards with a 2 hour PAC-binge

How did your exam go and what was the subject?

And it's tomorrow afternoon, where's the celebration 2 hour PAC-binge score? :40s:

My attract screen comes up like this - with the Japanese names but the ROM is definitely puckman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55692[/ATTACH]

I assume there is no difference in playability between this an the English names on the attract screen (blinky, pinky, inky & clyde)

Good question ... yes this is all OK and you do have the correct rom set.

I always check the game on TG for the correct rom set and make sure the game plays OK with sound before I finalise the game to be published.

A bit of trivia here though ... normally when you play the default settings in MAME, these settings are easier than the TG track.

But ... the default settings in MAME for Pac-man are harder than the TG track. All is the same between the 2 except TG starts with 5 men and our MGL starts with 3 men.

Like we said, we play default settings, whatever they may be ... :)

OK John, max out Pac-man to 3 million and something on 3 men and one extra ... :035:

Thanks goodness for a decent MGL game - this is a classic.

My attract screen comes up like this - with the Japanese names but the ROM is definitely puckman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55692[/ATTACH]

I assume there is no difference in playability between this an the English names on the attract screen (blinky, pinky, inky & clyde)

Check your dips - there's one for names I think.

To be honest, I'm not going to get a score that will challenge the top ranks anyway, especially with this. I'm terrible (note the consistent theme of my gaming skills) at this game, and never really got into the whole pacman game.

Hmmm I can't get puck man japan 1 to work, used bootleg 1 is that ok?

That's OK. When I use the puckman (japan 1) rom, it appears as "probably bootleg" in my WolfMAME 0106 like John73's post. Strange why it says bootleg but it is what it is ... :023:

- - - Updated - - -

So his alias is Dkong and he's good at pacman....

All evidence points to him being Billy Mitchell!

That's Billy Dkong Mitchell. :keke:

PS: Dkong has not checked in on this thread yet. Maybe he's already playing for the world record on Pac-man, too busy to post ... :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't played this game in years. But game on!

And with this score after day one on Pac-man, Brad takes the lead with the 100 points not only in Pac-man, but the overall lead in the MGL tournament (the all games scoreboard to be published later this weekend) ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB1_zps8f0eea19.png

Edited by OOO

Somethings happened to my reply options and I can't see how to attach a thumb anymore? I'll get it up later and will beat this score!

Good stuff, maybe you can get a PB on this game?

What score would that be?

That's OK. When I use the puckman (japan 1) rom, it appears as "probably bootleg" in my WolfMAME 0106 like John73's post. Strange why it says bootleg but it is what it is ... :023:

- - - Updated - - -

That's Billy Dkong Mitchell. :keke:

PS: Dkong has not checked in on this thread yet. Maybe he's already playing for the world record on Pac-man, too busy to post ... :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

And with this score after day one on Pac-man, Brad takes the lead with the 100 points not only in Pac-man, but the overall lead in the MGL tournament (the all games scoreboard to be published later this weekend) ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game3SB1_zps8f0eea19.png

Actually I'm really sick atm and trying to shake this virus, it has been so looong playing pac man and yes I did learn the patterns at the time...we will see ;)