Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 19 - Game 2 ~ Dig Dug ~ [FINISHED]

OOO

Never before played in the MGL …

MGL 19 – Game 2 ~ Dig Dug ~ (rev 2)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/DigDugMGL19rev2_zps0b540443.png

Nominated by AA legends: azathoth, Brad and Foot

Current AA Champ of Dig Dug: Well there isn’t one yet, but soon!

ROM: digdug

Game Story:

Dig tunnels underground and uses an air pump to inflate and blow-up his enemies. You can drop rocks on your foes. A level ends

when all the enemies have been destroyed. How basic are these instructions! Just kill all the bad guys!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your

score.

Dig Dug finishes Sunday 6 October 2013, 7pm AEST.

Please make sure your settings are as above, no continues are allowed. Thanks.

GAME 2 ON!

:031: :031: :031: :031:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game2SBFinal_zps0b7faa89.png

OOO takes out Game 2 ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/Digdug_MGL19_Winner_Final_zpsc86dda6d.png

Edited by OOO
Updated to post #107, Game 2 Completed

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

digdug.png.f41224cb97f68dfe21425739cc1cf665.png

Starting score - and I can say a new PB for me on this one.

Only ever played this a few times, and never ever saw it played by anyone that was "good". I had a quick game of this I think two weeks ago and live streamed, and OOO gave me a tip that I never ever knew about in the game (won't say it here, but it's very simple and I would have never picked up because I'm even more simple) :lol

Also just worked out that you don't need to keep hitting the button to inflate the baddies, you can just hold it down :lol

Edit: This game is hard......

Edited by John73

Just looking at the high scores on TG and found this:

Use of the Double-Kill technique, where an enemy is killed by both pumping them up and dropping a rock on them simultaneously, resulting in a freeze of the game action, is considered an intentional glitch of the game, and is therefore a banned tactic.

This was for Mame using DigDugB (Dig Dug Rev 1) which we aren't using, so not sure if this tactic works but thought I'd throw it out there that if does work, it is/probably is a banned tactic in MGLs :). And if I'm reading this correctly, I think they mean unintentional glitch

Perhaps someone can explain this to me properly, you are allow to pump them up a bit, then drop a rock on them aren't you? I'm guessing from what is on the TG site that there is a way of doing this which causes every other enemy to freeze in place. :confused:

I've never played this before but my understanding is that if you pump them up til death and at the exact instant they die, a rock falls on them too, it causes the freeze. So yeah a double-kill situation. Must be pretty rare unless you were extremely good at it.

I cant believe it's taken 19 MGL's to come up!
Me either. I've voted for it in every damn comp and not once has it shown up for me.

Until now, can you believe it, 7 years later! :damnit:

- - - Updated - - -

Only had time for one quick game and that's it from me until at least Monday night. Heading to Pinfest tomorrow.

Good luck at Pinfest, you know every one else will get a better start on Dig Dug than you now ... :024:

- - - Updated - - -

I've never played this before but my understanding is that if you pump them up til death and at the exact instant they die, a rock falls on them too, it causes the freeze. So yeah a double-kill situation. Must be pretty rare unless you were extremely good at it.

Are you kidding me Barra, you have never played Dig Dug before? It would be like Rob has never played Galaga before ... :laugh:

You are right about how to get the freeze. I have never done it, and I think it is very hard to do. You can pump one monster so they cannot move, and then drop the rock on it, and it won't freeze.

This may be interpeted as a hint, but I just answered the glitch question ... :rolleyes

And if you're good enough, you can pump two monsters so they cannot move, and then drop the rock on them for more points ... again just answering the glitch question ... :rolleyes

This game has so many ways to be played and they are all interesting ... :whitey:

... and OOO gave me a tip that I never ever knew about in the game (won't say it here, but it's very simple and I would have never picked up because I'm even more simple) :lol

Everyone should be able to work this one out after about 20 games or so. It's about the rocks, that's all ..... ;)

• Administrators

Despite my love for this game I'm far from an expert and have no real strategy. I did however have a decent game this morning. I expect you guys to smash this score in the next 2 weeks =)

171230-brad-ddug.png.79a1376a27c2a8e9bf151eb46149f40d.png

Despite my love for this game I'm far from an expert and have no real strategy. I did however have a decent game this morning. I expect you guys to smash this score in the next 2 weeks =)

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure, leading everyone into a false sense of security ... :p

Brad opens up with the highest score and sends Rob packing by almost doubling his score .... congrats on a first score that hits the lead .... :023: