Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 19 - Game 1 ~ Wonder Boy ~ [FINISHED]

OOO

Well here we go ...the first one of 8 mighty challenges ...

MGL 19 - Game 1 ~ Wonder Boy ~ (set 1, new encryption)

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/WonderBoyMGLFinal_zps840eacbe.png

Nominated by AA legends: Mameshane and RMacauley

Current AA Champ of Wonder Boy: Amy 1,048,270

ROM: wboy

Game Story:

A little boy ventures through Wonderland in this horizontal scrolling game. The object of this game is for Wonder Boy to rescue his

girlfriend Tina from the evil wizard King. The rest is up to you guys, good luck, you'll need it!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score with your score as the first line or title of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score.

Wonder Boy finishes Sunday 29 September 2013, 7pm AEST, not Otago time.

Please make sure your settings are as above, no continues are allowed. Thanks.

GAME ON!

:jump:

Final Results ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/MGL19_Game1SB11_zps53c2dc83.png

Congratulations to RMacauley for setting a new AA record and winning Game 1 ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/Wonderboy_MGL19_Winner_Final_zps2575f191.png

Edited by OOO
GAME FINISHED to post #267

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I totally suck at this game, I can only improve on my previous times playing this :)

Streaming in a sec... can't get the microphone volume working properly, so I can't talk back sorry :(

Mate this is a great game. Get to it! :030:

I suck at most games and have never played this one, but new games is what's great about MGL.

Otago central time could be the new standard. (Scientific trivia - the POMS only just beat the Frenchies at the whole standardised time game, so rather than GMT we could have had Parisian MT)

(Scientific trivia - the POMS only just beat the Frenchies at the whole standardised time game, so rather than GMT we could have had Parisian MT)

I bet the yanks are pissed that the time doesn't revolve around them :lol Get onto chat rooms on new years and tell the yanks that they are behind the rest of the world and boy do they get p.o.'ed :)

- - - Updated - - -

wboy.png.5aca009a8a63a25346d443c97b746a6a.png

Mate this is a great game. Get to it! :030:

First 3 games... best so far

31,730 - can't make the stupid jump in section 4 of stage 2 :headbuttwall: :headbuttwall:

Thank God I have RaMpAgE watching my Twitch stream - he possibly read the game instructions (I didn't) which tells you that the attack button also makes WonderBoy run quicker... still stuck on the last cloud jump on Stage 2, Section 4- possibly because I'm half pissed already :lol

I take it the skateboard is supposed to be a help? it pisses me off most of the time, especially when trying to jump across the clouds - apparently his skateboard doesn't have a break :unsure

• Super Moderator

This games all about memory, same thing every time over and over

So it should be easy right?

That all depends on how far your alcohol induced Alzheimer's has advanced

Hic :40s:

Glad you like it - you need to put Macauley in his place on this one, because God knows it won't be me doing it on this game :)

You rang?

Played 2 games with the stick still set on 8 way mainly cause I couldn't be bothered pulling it apart. After way too many deaths I put it on 4 way and played 1 more. My biggest gripe with this game is I need to have an esky next to me or stick to 1 beer per game roughly 30 minutes apart. First world problems of the highest order. :lol

wboy.png.73e3c5060559f172f650df013a1ff2c5.png

Love Wonderboy, will have to tear myself away from Defender for a couple of quick games of this :)

Another player with great taste!

It's just after midnight and all is quiet after the first day of the MGL19.

All tuckered out :boring:, the AA members grab their rest for the heavy weekend ahead - and the gaming of course.

I think everyone is getting themselves drunk enough to play this, and may of gone too far....

I've bought a new, old computer, so haven't looked at it yet to be honest.

Can't wait, though can't say I was ever interested in this at the arcade.

• Administrators

This was a game my brother really enjoyed. Whenever he played this machine I usually played Dig Dug or Ms Pacman. I'll fire it up this morning but no real interest. I've said it before, it's unfortunate but if don't like a game I really struggle to bother playing it.

Brad

I don't mind a bit of Wonder Boy, but I'm not the super fan that a lot of Aussies seem to be. I've played this a bit on the SMS recently but I seem to do much worse on the arcade version so maybe it's a bit harder, I'm still really rusty though, need a lot more practice...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55151[/ATTACH]

This was a game my brother really enjoyed. Whenever he played this machine I usually played Dig Dug or Ms Pacman. Brad

Hey Brad, why don't you get your brother to play this game in the MGL?

Then when he thrashes your score :banned:, you might play better?

And then if Dig Dug or Pacman is played in the next 7 games, then you can return the favour to your brother!

Sounds good to me.:rolleyes

PS: Ms Pacman was not eligible for nomination in MGL19

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind a bit of Wonder Boy, but I'm not the super fan that a lot of Aussies seem to be. I've played this a bit on the SMS recently but I seem to do much worse on the arcade version so maybe it's a bit harder, I'm still really rusty though, need a lot more practice...

Was that a warm up game score?

You are the master at DK and CK and I would have thought you are OK at this game.

"Still rusty, need a lot more practice" sounds like you can get a much better score on this one. :unsure

Was that a warm up game score?

You are the master at DK and CK and I would have thought you are OK at this game.

"Still rusty, need a lot more practice" sounds like you can get a much better score on this one. :unsure

I got 204k in MGL12 and that was only good enough for 8th place, should be able to beat that if I can put the time into it.