Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 18 - Game 8 ~ Moon Patrol ~ Finished

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/mpatrol_zps77a7e585.png

[TABLE=width: 400]

[TR]

[TD]Number of Simultaneous Players:[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Maximum number of Players:[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gameplay:[/TD]

[TD]Alternating[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Control Panel Layout:[/TD]

[TD]Single Players[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Controls:[/TD]

[TD]Joystick: 2-way (left, right), Buttons: 2 (fire, jump)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Background/Instructions:

Player drives a moon buggy jumping over craters, rocks and land mines, shooting simultaneously at rocks in front and aliens above while dodging their missiles. Features very catchy background music and cute bouncing tires when the buggy is destroyed. Foreground and background terrain scroll at different rates giving the illusion of depth.

Please make a new post for each score improvement with your score as the first line or title of your post along with a screen shot (photo or screen capture) showing your score. Moon Patrol finishes August 11, 7pm AEST.

Current AA Champ of Moon Patrol: Wingtipvortex 191,370

Leaderboard:

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Position[/TD]

[TD]Player[/TD]

[TD]Score[/TD]

[TD]%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]155,510[/TD]

[TD]100.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Rat[/TD]

[TD]115,740[/TD]

[TD]74.42[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]102,390[/TD]

[TD]65.84[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]97,000[/TD]

[TD]62.38[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Blktgr74[/TD]

[TD]82,080[/TD]

[TD]52.78[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6

[/TD]

[TD]nicko71

[/TD]

[TD]75,590

[/TD]

[TD]48.61

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Mameshane

[/TD]

[TD]71,920

[/TD]

[TD]46.24

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD]John73

[/TD]

[TD]68,500

[/TD]

[TD]44.05

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Chrisbo

[/TD]

[TD]53,400

[/TD]

[TD]34.34

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD]Azathoth

[/TD]

[TD]34,900

[/TD]

[TD]22.44

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11

[/TD]

[TD]Kane

[/TD]

[TD]33,040

[/TD]

[TD]21.25[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Foot

Godammit, I do like this game but I thought Dig Dug would be the last game. None of you buggers voted for it ya damn slackers =(

Brad

I'm crap at Dig Dug, but I would have voted for it - I kicked myself when I saw you voted for it and I'd used my votes on other games :(

I'll post a sticky thread shortly with the full vote count for anyone interested.

• Administrators

Yeah I could have sworn I voted 4 times for it thus concluding that others did and it would have the be the last. turns out I only voted for it 3 times and no one else did =(

I've nominated it in every MGL I've played and it's not come up =/ I'm not great at it I just love it. It's in my top 5.

Brad

Yeah I could have sworn I voted 4 times for it thus concluding that others did and it would have the be the last. turns out I only voted for it 3 times and no one else did =(

I've nominated it in every MGL I've played and it's not come up =/ I'm not great at it I just love it. It's in my top 5.

Brad

It got 4 votes, 3 from you and 1 from Foot. It didn't make the final 8 as there were only two people who wanted/voted for it, there were a heap of games with 4 votes where 3 different people voted for them.

Throwing down the gauntlet early. I was hoping this would come up. I'd been playing it a lot just before Funspot and on a daily basis while I was there. Then it came up in the tournament there. :038:

Reached point G on Champion course 2.

mpatrol.png.923504fb4641cf1263df1a5e877a3fa1.png

mpatrol.png.28ba73ecc8ce5eb0274f1cc62265ff96.png

That is close to being a record for me - lost all lives after point E on championship course 1 :redface

Must also modify post 1 - this is a 2 button game, fire and jump, the game is dare I say impossible unless you make use of the jump <--- quick tip for everyone :lol

Also for those that don't work it out, you are best of resetting this after every game due to how the bonus points work at the end of each section.

The mine section is extremely difficult to negotiate while playing pissed I've just discovered :40s:

Was this the first game that introduced parallax scrolling? Still very cool 31 years later :cool:

I'll be happy if I can get close to 100k on this one

• Super Moderator

Brad

I voted for Dig Dug.

Arghhhhhhhh!!!

Edited by Foot

Quick MGL Notice Update!

I'll try and update scores as soon as I can. Family problems at the moment, my Mum has just received news that they have found a new cancerous growth (found some about 7 years ago - got the all clear after 5 years with nothing, then more cancer about 18 mths ago, 12mths and all clear again and just today more CT scans for another issue and it looks like more cancer has been found). Not feeling like doing much of anything at the moment :( If anyone wants to stick their hand up for the next MGL, please PM me - I'll still help out where I can.

• Super Moderator

4 DAYS Left for MGL18

It's mid week gaming night here on AA and I thought I'd kick it off with a Bourbon or two and a bash on Moon Patrol

All warmed up and off I go.....straight into the first crater! :redface :lol

Should be an interesting night

Thanks for taking over for me Foot & Brad with the updates.

I'll try and have a game or two more of Moon Patrol before MGL 18 ends. Not many scores coming in for Moon Patrol which is a real pity, I suck at it but it truly is a great game & a classic that I'd like to get better at.

I'll do my level best to update everything that Foot or Brad can't get round to on Sunday night, but a certain Mame Mod is turning 40 on Sunday so he could possibly be a little too pissed to do much of anything :)

• Super Moderator

It's all good John, happy to help. Happy Early 40th! :cheers:

I just checked the DIPS in post one and realised that the extras were set at 10, 30 and 50K. Mines only set to 10K. Sweet! two more buggies for me to crash!

Ok, this one was a cocktail at a take away shop near tighes hill tafe NSW when I was there in 1990's.

Just checked google maps (I'm in Victoria now) and looks like it's closed down.

I was never very good..

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=tighes+hill+tafe++nsw+australia&hl=en&ll=-32.907046,151.748005&spn=0.000949,0.001742&sll=-32.563572,149.316532&sspn=3.902338,7.13562&t=h&hq=tighes+hill+tafe++nsw+australia&z=20&layer=c&cbll=-32.907157,151.748096&panoid=08XhWBep5d7Mk8LQoH1Uww&cbp=12,23.54,,0,-0.8

0003.png.20561cc8e50e16c4c2c8e2d6e97ddc09.png