Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 18 - Game 7 ~ Galaga ~ [WEEK 2]

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/galaga_zps83e005e5.png

[TABLE=width: 400]

[TR]

[TD]Number of Simultaneous Players:[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Maximum number of Players:[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gameplay:[/TD]

[TD]Alternating[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Control Panel Layout:[/TD]

[TD]Single Players[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Controls:[/TD]

[TD]Joystick: 2-way (left, right), Buttons: 1 (fire)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Background/Instructions:

As a spaceship moving left to right at the bottom of the screen, shoot up at enemies as they enter, assemble in formation and fly down at you. If you allowed an alien to capture one of your ships in its tractor beam, you could shoot the foe later and double your fire power!

CHEAT: There is a well-known cheat that causes enemy units to stop firing. It works on most, but not all, machines. USE OF THIS CHEAT IS NOT ALLOWED!

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score improvement with your score as the first line or title of your post along with a screen shot (photo or screen capture) showing your score. Galaga finishes August 4, 7pm AEST.

Current AA Champ of Galaga: fringert 1,291,480

Leaderboard:

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Position[/TD]

[TD]Player[/TD]

[TD]Score[/TD]

[TD]%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Barra[/TD]

[TD]2,632,770[/TD]

[TD]100.00

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]527,450[/TD]

[TD]20.03

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]DKong[/TD]

[TD]407,270[/TD]

[TD]15.47

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]388,740[/TD]

[TD]14.77

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]camaro[/TD]

[TD]255,030[/TD]

[TD]9.69

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]242,570[/TD]

[TD]9.21

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Mameshane[/TD]

[TD]220,800[/TD]

[TD]8.39

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Rat[/TD]

[TD]203,690[/TD]

[TD]7.74

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]nicko71[/TD]

[TD]193,020[/TD]

[TD]7.33

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Kane[/TD]

[TD]173,950[/TD]

[TD]6.61

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]Azathoth[/TD]

[TD]113,080[/TD]

[TD]4.30

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Chrisbo[/TD]

[TD]104,690[/TD]

[TD]3.98

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]Fire_Power[/TD]

[TD]104,150

[/TD]

[TD]3.96

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]94,520[/TD]

[TD]3.59

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]Binkles[/TD]

[TD]75,290[/TD]

[TD]2.86

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Foot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galaga didn't get any early votes for it looked like not making the final 8 for a while, then some late votes came in. The game that got number 1 actually had less people vote for it than Galaga which had more different people vote for it than any other game.

I am particularly crap at this game, but I know there are some players in the MGL that are capable of big scores on this.

Very, very rusty.

Just in case anyone was wondering why the score in the screenshot is on the player 2 side the reason is that the player 2 score displays a 7th digit which makes it easier for verification. There is absolutely no advantage gained by playing on that side and it isn't any form of cheat. Back in the day I could break a million fairly easily. Not so right now. :redface

galaga.png.c56981e646cc43ba05aa0c6eafad92da.png

• Super Moderator

Score 424,840

Missed soooo many challenging stages, just stupid mistakes

You'll have to forgive the blurry camera pics but this is one game that I have to play on my cocktail and I couldn't be stuffed pig dicking around inside the old girl copying stuff

Galaga1.JPG.10cad73d61b5daadb66d12e79a1de8ce.JPGGalaga1a.JPG.eb3722422ce371a36a9b447cc9bf4f6c.JPG

Ugh.

Could I just confirm which version we are playing? There seems to be about half a dozen.

Galaga (Midway set 1 with fast shoot hack)

Galaga (Midway set 1)

Galaga (Midway set 2)

Galaga (Namco rev. B)

Galaga (Namco)

Ugh.

Could I just confirm which version we are playing? There seems to be about half a dozen.

Galaga (Midway set 1 with fast shoot hack)

Galaga (Midway set 1)

Galaga (Midway set 2)

Galaga (Namco rev. B)

Galaga (Namco)

I probably should have mentioned the full name, we are playing Galaga (Namco rev. B) as Mameshane correctly said, I run everything from WolfMAME so I can see the actual ROM name but I guess if you're using a different front end to launch your games then it won't show you the ROM name.

Now for a little: Galaga in movies trivia, anyone remember this movie?

I had this on video (VCR) but I chucked it as it was getting old and no one uses a VCR anymore, do you think I can find this movie on DVD? Not at JB. Might have to get them to special order it, fantastic movie :)

we are playing Galaga (Namco rev. B)

Cheers.

Now for a little: Galaga in movies trivia, anyone remember this movie?

Love it. I watch it regularly. They play it on Austar/Foxtel quite a lot.

Anyone seen the 'modern' version "Wargames: The Dead Code" from 2008? It's kinda corny but not bad for light entertainment.

Love it. I watch it regularly. They play it on Austar/Foxtel quite a lot.

Anyone seen the 'modern' version "Wargames: The Dead Code" from 2008? It's kinda corny but not bad for light entertainment.

Got Foxtel, never ever recall it being on - but I don't look at what movies are on too often, I'll keep an eye out for it, cheers :) Want to record it and show it to my nephew so he can get a tiny glimpse of what an arcade is and also have a look at the computers that I grew up using.

Have a weird feeling I have seen the 2008 version, I'd have to watch it again to be sure, it couldn't have been that good or I would have bought it :unsure imdb info is here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0865957/?ref_=sr_3

Got Foxtel, never ever recall it being on - but I don't look at what movies are on too often, I'll keep an eye out for it, cheers :)

The recording I have on my DVR is from the 'Family Movie Channel' I think. FMC?

• Super Moderator

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53146[/ATTACH]

Wonder if @Barra has noticed this game got selected, If I recall correctly he has a massive score set on this game on RetroUprising.

Ssshhhh, don't tell him :D

Thanks. Does anyone sell region free DVD players these days? That's been my problem in the past with ordering from Amazon - always the wrong region. Without derailing this topic too much further, honestly, this movie is 30 odd years old, does it really need region encoding on it? And the movie companies wonder why people use Torrent sites to illegally download movies... idiots.

Thanks. Does anyone sell region free DVD players these days? That's been my problem in the past with ordering from Amazon - always the wrong region. Without derailing this topic too much further, honestly, this movie is 30 odd years old, does it really need region encoding on it? And the movie companies wonder why people use Torrent sites to illegally download movies... idiots.

Any brand name dvd player (lg, sony, phillips ect) you can unlock with codes found online.

Ive also heard that certain unscrupulous people use peer to peer torrenting programs to download movies

Most players can now be region freed by a fw buttons on the remote control....back on track

Just to go back on track I'd almost call this one as finished if Barra submits a score.

2.8M on TG marathon settings.

900K+ on TGTS 5 life settings.

Both on difficulty D (hardest settings)

I'm predicting a killscreen on default settings.

Just like playing BnJ against John. ;)

Just to go back on track I'd almost call this one as finished if Barra submits a score.

2.8M on TG marathon settings.

900K+ on TGTS 5 life settings.

Both on difficulty D (hardest settings)

I'm predicting a killscreen on default settings.

Just like playing BnJ against John. ;)

Had a feeling their was some sort of killscreen to this - what is it do you know?