Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 18 - Leaderboard [8 of 8 Game Completed]

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/DerekFoot/Duotron/MGL18_zps60c6eb95.jpg

Check here after each game for an updated leaderboard.

Note that we are using the % scoring system for this MGL, the highest score in each game will receive 100 points/percent and each player below that score will receive a % of the highest score. The maximum therefore that anyone can score after all eight games are completed is 800%

Edited by Foot

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an interim scoreboard, current up to scores posted in the first 93 posts of Lady Bug and first 29 posts in Frogger.

I will post these updates from time to time in here, however the official scoreboard in Post #1 will only be updated as games are completed. These posts are just to give you an idea of where you are while two games are still going so that you might improve your overall position by concentrating on one of the games ahead of the other.

Enjoy :)

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/mglsb1_zps4fe583ae.png

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/mglsb2_zpsfb170e58.png

Leaderboard current to Lady Bug (post #93 ) and Frogger (post #40 ).

Will probably post these updates every day or two as it requires a bit of work to upload the spreadsheet as a pic to Photobucket and then post here.

Not even one game complete and it's already looking interesting :)

I'm starting to like this % scoring system. At the moment it looks like Chrisbo has Lady Bug all sown up, and the early indication is that Rob will be hard to beat in Frogger. Under the old system they could just sit back and take the 25 points for the win, but under this system there is still incentive for both of them to increase their scores in the games they are winning - they can't get more than 100%, but they can decrease the % achieved by those below them by increasing their PB.

I'm starting to like this % scoring system. At the moment it looks like Chrisbo has Lady Bug all sown up, and the early indication is that Rob will be hard to beat in Frogger. Under the old system they could just sit back and take the 25 points for the win, but under this system there is still incentive for both of them to increase their scores in the games they are winning - they can't get more than 100%, but they can decrease the % achieved by those below them by increasing their PB.

Plus their is incentive for everyone to play the games more and increase their score to increase their percentage. It stops people chucking in a default score late just to register a score as that would earn very little in points in this format.

Can't wait for the % update on Bubble Booble John :)

Will try and get it up before lunch time, my head is a little sore this morning, must have been something wrong with that Vodka I was drinking last night :confused:

Leaderboard updated - current as of 7:50pm 3/7/2013

For some reason my OpenOffice Calc program thinks that 199.39 is greater than 199.68, so it has Knight in 3rd place instead of me :realmad: Didn't bother fixing this as Knight hasn't submitted a score for Turtles yet and will no doubt go back ahead of me shortly.

Leaderboard updated - current as of 7:50pm 3/7/2013

For some reason my OpenOffice Calc program thinks that 199.39 is greater than 199.68, so it has Knight in 3rd place instead of me :realmad: Didn't bother fixing this as Knight hasn't submitted a score for Turtles yet and will no doubt go back ahead of me shortly.

Not by much though, I don't have any mojo for turtles.

I've got a score of around 4k, not sure if i will get it much higher.

Not by much though, I don't have any mojo for turtles.

I've got a score of around 4k, not sure if i will get it much higher.

Well 4K will more than likely earn you 12-15% - so post whatever you can manage :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

Final Leaderboard for MGL18

Congratulation to Rob for taking this one out, the cheques in the Mail

Well done to Chrisbo for coming 2nd and bloody Brad for beating me again and coming 3rd

Big thanks to John for the format we played and enjoyed this time. This was my favorite MGL for quite a while (maybe because it had a lot of my pick in it!)

Good to see 27 players take part as well, even if some only came for one game.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s218/DerekFoot/Duotron/MGL18_zps60c6eb95.jpg

Congratulations to the Top 5 in MGLXVIII!

It was great to see so many different winners for each game.

I have updated the virtual trophies for the Top 3.

Congratulations Robert on another fine win, that's 5 x MGL wins in a row, and now equals DKong with the number of titles at 5 each.

Congrats to chrisbo on achieving a great second in his first MGL appearance. (At least you got a Ladybug trophy for 2nd which is one of your favourite games, and you are a master of that game too.)

And well done to Brad with a nice 3rd placing in a very close finish, with Foot and Nicko71 just missing out on this honour.

Maybe next time ... :)

Champion:

RMacauley

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/RMacauley18_25mm_zps63895ce8.png

2nd:

chrisbo

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/chrisbo_25mm_zpsbfa75e74.png

3rd:

Brad

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/Brad18_25mm_zps6ebc07fe.png

:)

PS: Thanks again to John McNeill for running another great MGL, and to Brad and Foot for helping out near the end.

Cheers to everyone that participated and congrats to Rob for a convincing win in the end.

These competitions definitely keep my interest in playing games and often uncover some gems which I've never played before. This time it was Turtles and Valtric (they will slot nicely into my vertical cab when completed).

Thanks to all the mods/admins for your work. I can imagine it's not always a enviable task.

See ya in #19 .

• Administrators

That was a good format imo. Like any MGL I didn't like all of the games but discovering new ones is always great =)

I think I've worn 3rd place out though =P

Brad

Congrats to Rob on winning yet anther MGL and the place getters Chrisbo - awesome effort for your first MGL and also Brad for 3rd - don't worry, I'm yet to win an MGL trophy :cry

Big thanks to Brad & Foot for helping finish off the MGL for me.