VPGL 15 - Post Pass - Rules

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 15. This tournament is the 3rd of the new decade and part of the overall VPGL 2020 and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and play.

Competition:
The player with the most points...

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - RULES

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to arcade gaming with MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner. This is the second tournament of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ESPORTS for 2020. All gamers worldwide are welcome to game. You can also join in at any time.

Please watch the trailer below for the official...

Gottlieb Sea Belles August 1956

gottlieb sea belles 1956

so, how many years does it make her?

bill picking up a project in the next few days, a very dirty, neglected old 50s woody.

so good these are still out there, though very rare now.

lets start with the new playfield plastics...

Announcement: Western Australia set to have its very own Pinball Festival

Hi folks!

We’d like to share some exciting news with you all…

Western Australia is set to have its very own Pinball Festival 😊

With Western Australia starting to ease restrictions from tomorrow, we thought what better time to announce plans for a pinball festival...

Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Finally after a couple of months ploughing through our house extensions, I'm back in my favourite room of the house!

Next in line is my custom Monsterbash I've been planning for a long time. Paying hommage to the 1950s Universal monsters going with a black and white theme and lots of custom...

How game board components work

This will be a series of posts on how specific components work on a game board. Its purpose is to help you understand how the circuitry works. Feel free to add to the series if there's a topic you want to cover.

First up: Reset!

You'll typically see the signal defined as RESET...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MGL 18 - Game 1 ~ Ladybug ~ [FINISHED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL 18 - Game 1 ~ Ladybug ~ [FINISHED]

]"]Error | Photobucket

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Controls: Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)
    Background/Instructions:

You control a Ladybug that moves around a maze eating dots while avoiding poison and pursuing insects. The maze has revolving doors that can be used to thwart the insects. Collect letters to form the word "EXTRA" and receive an extra life or spell "SPECIAL" to earn free credits.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score improvement with your score as the first line or title of your post along with a screen shot (photo or screen capture) showing your score. Lady Bug finishes June 23, 7pm AEST.

Current AA Champ of Lady Bug: Brad 144,230

Leaderboard:

Position Player Score %
    1 chrisbo 314,040 100.00
    2 knight76 161,530 51.44
    3 Brad 153,880 49.00
    4 Foot 140,930 44.88
    5 DKong 139,970 44.57
    6 Pelly 132,010 42.04
    7 RMacauley 118,100 37.61
    8 John73 105,920 33.73
    9 Barra 98,680 31.42
    10 nicko71 92,390 29.42
    11 MameShane 91,680 29.19
    12 kane 84,060 26.77
    13 Fire_Power 67,070 21.36
    14 Monsta Bonza 63,430 20.20
    15 Zombie_M 44,520 14.18
    16 azathoth 35,650 11.35
    17 Binkles 11,970 3.81
    18 HOW 11,110 3.54
    19 MonoJoker 9,300 2.96
    Last edited by John73; 23 June 2013, 07:08 PM. Reason: Updated scores to post #119

Click image for larger version

Name:	ladybug.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	1796349

Here's my starting score. I seem to recall sucking badly at this game last time it was played, I can't seem to concentrate on the stupid letters changing colour and the insects that are chasing me at the same time.

Comment

Oh yea, the AA high score is going down!

Four way joystick for the win
      "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
        Oh yea, the AA high score is going down!

Four way joystick for the win
        Will post the AA high scores in the first thread in a sec (and for each subsequent game) - current record holder is Brad - 144,230

Comment

Lol who nominated this!!
          Played it a couple of years back but I suck horribly at pacman types
          Should be fun

My stream - http://www.twitch.tv/barranz - Pop in and say hello!

Comment

I love this game, for mine it is the best of the pacman clones. I'm not going to win though, but just love playing it.

Great first game and one I forgot to nominate at all I believe.
            Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	131630.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1796350

I gotta admit that this is one of a handful of games that I play regularly. My best is around 270K. Things get manic after the awhile.

I'm actually a surprised that it got 4 votes. Thought it might be a bit obscure.

Hey barra I think we played this one back in the 2011 TG DECA.
              sigpic

Comment

Great game to start with. I have a predilection for maze games, but I'm crap at everything!

Just for interest who gave it two votes - there were 4 votes for it, but only three who voted for it? (An early show of hands in voting strategy and with only four votes it means anyone who gave all eight of their votes to a single game is in - so who did it for Crush Roller?

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Power View Post
                  Great game to start with. I have a predilection for maze games, but I'm crap at everything!

Just for interest who gave it two votes - there were 4 votes for it, but only three who voted for it? (An early show of hands in voting strategy and with only four votes it means anyone who gave all eight of their votes to a single game is in - so who did it for Crush Roller?
                  Will post tomorrow who voted for this and how many votes, it's on my laptop and I can't be arsed getting my laptop atm

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by chrisbo View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51726[/ATTACH]

I gotta admit that this is one of a handful of games that I play regularly. My best is around 270K. Things get manic after the awhile.

I'm actually a surprised that it got 4 votes. Thought it might be a bit obscure.

Hey barra I think we played this one back in the 2011 TG DECA.
                  Well there we go, no chance at me getting 1st in this one Nice starting score (for your first game in an MGL???)

Comment

GReat game, but it sure brings out my sailors language

I turned that gate, and the bug went straight through it dammit!
                    Last edited by knight76; 7 June 2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Just realized I could look up the votes for this game on here (and also my laptop) by looking at my inbox Having my first Vodka in weeks and my brain has turned to mooosh

Pelly - 2 Votes
                      Chrisbo - 1 Vote
                      Foot - 1 Vote

Will add these details to the 1st post tomorrow.

If anyone used 8 votes on a game, be warned - you will be named not that there is anything wrong with it - 8 votes were given to use as you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                        If anyone used 8 votes on a game, be warned - you will be named
                        Yup, name and shame 'em.

For those interested the MARP high score is 691,960 (default) and the TG high score is 527,400 (medium).
                        sigpic

Comment

Haven't played yet (just got home from the pub) but I will not be a threat on this unless some kind of miracle happens.

My best is around 65K. I like the game but suck at it.

Bring on game 2

Comment

Think my PB is 128k so that's my goal this time

Just one of those mazey games I enjoy like crush roller
                            Last edited by Foot; 8 June 2013, 01:19 PM.
                            "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Here is one just to get me on the board.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X