MGL 17 Game 7 - Crazy Kong [WEEK 2]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
    I was wondering why you didn't ask me to send the game for this week [MENTION=8526]John73[/MENTION] - and now I see Crazy Kong come up
    I assure you and everyone else it was 100% legit - used Random.Org as usual, first number picked was #14 - Crazy Kong. Didn't ask you to send the next game because I couldn't get a hold of you last week and it was just as easy for to me to do it

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ED_209 View Post
    Im sure I could get to know anything id need by reading through Kanes Krazy Kong Kickass Klandestine Klu Klux Klan Karate Kendo Kookaburra Khallenge but itd be great if you could post some advice here early. Any of the little differences would be good to know.
    I don't have any problems with listing all the tips right away, but some of the guys prefer to wait at least a week before tips are given out. If no one has any objections I'll post some tips tonight. This game is a bit different to others in that it is very similar to DK which a lot of people already know, so I don't think giving out early tips is as bad as it's probably not a new game to most.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post

I assure you and everyone else it was 100% legit - used Random.Org as usual, first number picked was #14 - Crazy Kong. Didn't ask you to send the next game because I couldn't get a hold of you last week and it was just as easy for to me to do it
      I know its legit....just stirring as I know how much you love the game

Should be good to see how high you guys can get and will help most for next kong off too. I did used to love this game bitd and kane should smash it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ckon0002.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	1795181
        sigpic

Comment

Some Crazy Kong Tips #1

I'll post some tips throughout today. Kane may be able to add even more (if he wishes) since he is head and shoulders a better Crazy Kong player than me.

Name:	ckon0002.png
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	1795183

Unlike Donkey Kong, you can climb a ladder and sit just below the girder and barrels will never* fall down on top of you. Nice safe place unless you cop a wild barrel of course.

*disclaimer: I've never had one fall on me doing this, let me know if you do

Comment

My CK thread has all the tips in it, most of the Donkey Kong tips apply as far as survival goes, it's really only the pie boards you need some hints for, which is here.

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
              My CK thread has all the tips in it, most of the Donkey Kong tips apply as far as survival goes, it's really only the pie boards you need some hints for, which is here.
              thanks for the link. nice job on your multiple kill screens on the different versions.

I read the tips on the pie screens will give them ago tonight.

the pie screens were what were killing me the conveyors are so fast I would start jumping across and then pies would come out.

at 110k so far. will post a screen shot after tonight's effort.
              sigpic

Comment

Tip #2

For those totally new to Donkey Kong/Crazy Kong, here is the easiest/safest way to negotiate the Rivet stage. Ignore the end of the video where Jumpman is getting 100 points for jumping next to Kong as this does not work in Crazy Kong.

Comment

Here's a score to start with, I've been meaning to get to the killscreen using my CK PCB so I'll trying for that for the next 2 weeks...

Comment

Submitted just for the sake of having something submitted. 2 deaths on L5 rivets, 1 on L6 rivets and 1 on L7 barrels. Rusty to say the least.

I'd try and claim jet lag but it's only a short flight from NZ so no can do.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Name:	ckon0003.png
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1795249

Really thought I was a chance to killscreen it that time First death on 8-4 and over 200k. Died again on 10-4. Then a complete brain fart death on 15-1 I think it was, score about 360k. Final death on 15-4 I think it was. Apart from the one stupid mistake, 2 deaths were semi-avoidable on the rivets, but at least no stupid deaths on the elevator or pie factory stages Really should have knocked off Kane's score that game, though I know he has a lot more that 427k in him. Best I can tell, I'm play at about 585-590k pace which is pretty good considering I don't grab the bottom hammer except on level 1-1 or the bottom hammer on the pie stage except for level 1-2.

Had a bit of a practice getting the top hammer on the barrel stage yesterday and can do it about 50% of the time, so not going to worry about trying to perfect that until I can kill screen this bloody thing.

Comment

I had a couple goes last night. the pie level really stuffs with me. i made small improvements though. I have no issues with any of the other stages. I'm not going to post a score until I hit 200k at least to try and force myself to get better.
                          sigpic

Comment

As per original DK I have more trouble on the rivet level than anything else. Sometimes they just decide to all hang around the last two rivets bouncing up and down and giving me no access until time runs out. F%3$ing frustrating! Kane's tips on the pie level certainly helped.

Funny article in the Huffington Post today: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2848784.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
                              I had a couple goes last night. the pie level really stuffs with me. i made small improvements though. I have no issues with any of the other stages. I'm not going to post a score until I hit 200k at least to try and force myself to get better.
                              Did you read the tips in Kane's Crazy Kong thread about the pie stage and waiting before getting on the top conveyor?

The other thing that really helps is to wait to the left of the flaming barrel where the pies go on the bottom of the screen until all fireballs (2 of them from level 2-2 on) come out, that way they are on the left and it generally makes things easier to progress to level before the top conveyor belt. See where I'm standing in the attached pic.

Name:	ckon0004.png
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	1795250

Getting the timing of the jump when the conveyors are at full speed is also critical - you need to hit the top conveyor and jump immediately and then you should be able to get straight up the final ladder without worry about a pie coming out and hitting you.

Also, I could be completely wrong on this point, but I reckon more pies come out of the left side of the screen at the top, so 90% of the time unless I'm blocked by a fireball at the very top, I'll go up the right hand side of the screen on the conveyor level. I generally don't worry about the middle prize either (hat), just get the bag and the umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                                Did you read the tips in Kane's Crazy Kong thread about the pie stage and waiting before getting on the top conveyor?

The other thing that really helps is to wait to the left of the flaming barrel where the pies go on the bottom of the screen until all fireballs (2 of them from level 2-2 on) come out, that way they are on the left and it generally makes things easier to progress to level before the top conveyor belt. See where I'm standing in the attached pic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48732[/ATTACH]

Getting the timing of the jump when the conveyors are at full speed is also critical - you need to hit the top conveyor and jump immediately and then you should be able to get straight up the final ladder without worry about a pie coming out and hitting you.

Also, I could be completely wrong on this point, but I reckon more pies come out of the left side of the screen at the top, so 90% of the time unless I'm blocked by a fireball at the very top, I'll go up the right hand side of the screen on the conveyor level. I generally don't worry about the middle prize either (hat), just get the bag and the umbrella.

I did read the tips. I think I just need more practice... only got a couple games in last night.

yeah I was aware of staying to one side for the fireballs. know that from standard dk.

I figured out the jump as soon as u hit the conveyor on my last game. so it's just a matter of practice.

thanks again for the tips.
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X