Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 17 Game 4 - Double Dragon [COMPLETE]

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]

Double Dragon

[/TD]

[TD]

MGL 17 Game 4

[/TD]

[TD]

Nominated by: blktgr74

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/121/1218267496.jpg[/TD]

[TD]http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/1181242103246.png[/TD]

[TD]http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/1181242103248.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Game Settings

ROM Name: ddragon.zip

DIP Switches:

Lives: 2

Bonus: 30k and every 60k

Difficulty: Medium

Game Info

Number of Simultaneous Players: 2

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Either

Control Panel Layout: Multi Player

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Controls:

Joystick - 8 Way

Buttons - 3 [punch,kick,jump]

Game Introduction

Martial Arts masters, Billy and Jimmy Lee AKA Hammer and Spike, must defeat the savage street gang known as the Black Warriors to rescue Billy's girlfriend, Marian.

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Double Dragon comp closes Sunday 7PM AEDST March 3rd.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck :cool:

Final Standings

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Spartan[/TD]

[TD]116,130[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]102,900[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]MonoJoker[/TD]

[TD]102,270[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Mameshane[/TD]

[TD]93,820[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]nicko71[/TD]

[TD]83,620[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]kane[/TD]

[TD]83,560[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]81,460[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]DKong[/TD]

[TD]75,080[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]blktgr74[/TD]

[TD]71,600[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]70,710[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]8,900[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]7,850[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]Fire_Power[/TD]

[TD]4,700[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by John73
Scores updated to final standings

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the last time i played this was two player, it actually works not too bad in single player, must be the extra player on screen that slows it down for me usually.

0002.png.a9632976feb2c4d81c548bd4ab65cbdf.png

i remember playing this as a kid, at the ice skating rink on the weekend. brings back memories :)

Back in the day I stuck a shitload of 20c pieces in this game. After a while it seemed like every man and his dog could finish the game in my local deli.

Edit: Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't finished the game before. You only get to enter your initials if you die before the end. The score disappears and doesn't reappear unless it's the high score. Attract mode shows 2 0 scores and the high score. I'd recommend getting a screenshot while the heart is floating up the screen.

ddragon.png.9661eb1fc81934f9d36df1e37d7f3678.png

Back in the day I stuck a shitload of 20c pieces in this game. After a while it seemed like every man and his dog could finish the game in my local deli.

Edit: Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't finished the game before. You only get to enter your initials if you die before the end. The score disappears and doesn't reappear unless it's the high score. Attract mode shows 2 0 scores and the high score. I'd recommend getting a screenshot while the heart is floating up the screen.

you finished it on 1 credit?

ddragon.png.4855a3e2003120c723b8bc34398d379a.png

I'll be playing Road Fighter until 6pm tonight and then having a rest from the MGL until next Saturday when a game a bit more to my liking is hopefully picked :lol

Games like Double Dragon just encourage violence in others - I played for 5 minutes and I already feel like smashing something to pieces :)

:sleepMay as well be the devils advocate and say the elbow will get you through this game and thats why it sucks,

walk away from your enemy and elbow them , they will not attack.

Should see some bigger scores now but :sleep what a yawn fest

MGL 17 Game 4 - Double Dragon

:sleepMay as well be the devils advocate and say the elbow will get you through this game and thats why it sucks,

walk away from your enemy and elbow them , they will not attack.

Should see some bigger scores now but :sleep what a yawn fest

I have noticed the the backward jump kick gives u 200 points. and the elbow gives 180. but it's not as safe too pull off as the elbow

Damn this MGL is throwing up some (not so good games) Of course that a personal view ;)

Brad

Inc your nom lunar rescue ? :lol j/kidding. Road fighter also seemed popular. I agree on the last two though, meh.

Maybe the random gennie needs a shite filter :)

We'll put it to a very quick vote over then next 24 hours....

Do we keep this game or replace it with another selection?

I don't like the game, but that is no reason for me to say "kick it" - but if it is open to abuse then it's really not the kind of game we want is it?

This one was pretty poplular down at my arcade haunt, mainly because it had a dodgy coin mech & if you gave it a wack as you put your coin in you got more credits :D

Had a few oddballs in that place the 'Bubble Bobble' had an external switch that made the monitor blank! that led to some fun & games in 2 player mode.. lol

Only just noticed the debate, i'll have a few games if it stays, I wouldn't be elbowing my way through it, no fun in that.

Double Dragon was the coolest game when I was 8 years old, it's one of the few arcade games I can actually remember playing from bitd.

I tried elbowing my way through the game a few times and I didn't do any better than playing normal so it's not like it doesn't command skill to get a good score, I don't see any reason why we should kick it.

We'll put it to a very quick vote over then next 24 hours....

Do we keep this game or replace it with another selection?

I don't like the game, but that is no reason for me to say "kick it" - but if it is open to abuse then it's really not the kind of game we want is it?

Not fussed either way, however, the person that will win is the one who can get through the game with minimal elbowing as this is a low scoring technique.