Click image for larger version

Name:	97550.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1794847
    sigpic

Comment

Vote to kick

do we want a new selection seeing this game has been outed as easy to abuse ? Playing through by elbowing means only those who don mind being bored stupid will play to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
        do we want a new selection seeing this game has been outed as easy to abuse ? Playing through by elbowing means only those who don mind being bored stupid will play to win.
        I think so.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
          Damn this MGL is throwing up some (not so good games) Of course that a personal view

Brad
          Inc your nom lunar rescue ? j/kidding. Road fighter also seemed popular. I agree on the last two though, meh.

Maybe the random gennie needs a shite filter

Comment

We'll put it to a very quick vote over then next 24 hours....

Do we keep this game or replace it with another selection?

I don't like the game, but that is no reason for me to say "kick it" - but if it is open to abuse then it's really not the kind of game we want is it?

Comment

This one was pretty poplular down at my arcade haunt, mainly because it had a dodgy coin mech & if you gave it a wack as you put your coin in you got more credits

Had a few oddballs in that place the 'Bubble Bobble' had an external switch that made the monitor blank! that led to some fun & games in 2 player mode.. lol

Only just noticed the debate, i'll have a few games if it stays, I wouldn't be elbowing my way through it, no fun in that.

Comment

Is it really an issue though or a legitimate tactic? I have no idea as I've always hated the game.

Brad
                My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Double Dragon was the coolest game when I was 8 years old, it's one of the few arcade games I can actually remember playing from bitd.

I tried elbowing my way through the game a few times and I didn't do any better than playing normal so it's not like it doesn't command skill to get a good score, I don't see any reason why we should kick it.

Comment

Once you get the timing down it does get a lot easier to finish. I still miss time an elbow and end up jumping a fair bit.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                      We'll put it to a very quick vote over then next 24 hours....

Do we keep this game or replace it with another selection?

I don't like the game, but that is no reason for me to say "kick it" - but if it is open to abuse then it's really not the kind of game we want is it?
                      Not fussed either way, however, the person that will win is the one who can get through the game with minimal elbowing as this is a low scoring technique.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                        Not fussed either way, however, the person that will win is the one who can get through the game with minimal elbowing as this is a low scoring technique.
                        Good point !

Comment

I also have very fond memories of this BITD, one of the first arcades I remember playing as a kid. However a game with a bit more even competition would be more in the spirit of this comp. Don't mind either way.

Comment

If you change the game how will I ever improve on my 2700?
                            "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Well it hasn't been 24 hours, but I think we'll just stick with DD since there are no major objections and Spartan made a good point that just using the elbow technique will most likely not win you this game.

Game on!

I'll keep the scores updated as usual, but I think I'll take a break from gaming this week as neither of the two current games do it for me - this is a first in the MGL for me though, normally there is something I don't mind playing. Oh well By the time the next MGL starts, I think Bump 'n Jump will be able to be nominated again and that game is fun for everyone

Comment

I've always really liked Double Dragon but I knew about the elbow technique and it certainly does take most of the challenge out. I've only had one go at this so far but easily made it half way through elbowing people. Unfortunately I'm no good at crossing bridges

Spartan's point is a good one but I don't mind if people wanted to change it considering we're all going to be mindlessly elbowing for the most part for the next two weeks.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X