X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
    Checks fingers. None broken yet.
    Races to the wardrobe (if I had one) and puts on flame retardant suit and grabs a cricket bat just in case.

I know that there's still a few days to go but it looks like we've just had a controversy free MGL unless I've forgotten something.
    In terms of game issue, none that I can really recall. Double Dragon caused a few little issues, but nothing to worry about, and we had some "discussions" about the merits of the F1 v % scoring system in this thread but overall it's been a good MGL this one

Hopefully having Crazy Kong hasn't put people off all things Kong, because we'll have probably a 2 week break after Fly Boy finishes and then we'll have the annual AA Kong Off for 2 weeks, then maybe a few more weeks off before MGL 18.

So if you want to get a bit of early practice in, the Kong Off is coming......

Comment

looking forward to the kong off. and I will be getting a bit of practice in. crazy kong has actually got me out of tune on the barrel stages. l have gotten so used to being safe on the ladders I fly up them with out thinking and get hit with a barrel. hopefully will only take a couple games to re adjust. I keep forgetting about the top hammer too now lol.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm the same, and I also stuff up the pie factory forgetting that 3 fireballs come out on the first board and not one

Comment

Congratulations to the Top 5 in MGLXVII!

I have updated the virtual trophies for the Top 3.
          Congratulations Robert on another fine win, that's 4 x MGL wins in a row, very impressive.
          Congrats to DKong on achieving a great second. That's a nice row of 4 trophies you have there.
          And well done to ED_209 with a nice 3rd placing in a very close finish, to go with his 2nd placing in the previous MGL.

Champion:
          RMacauley

2nd:
          DKong

3rd:
          ED_209

... and the virtual trophy for MGLXVIII has just been finished, based on the maze craze masterpiece from Universal,
          known the world over as LADYBUG ...

1st

2nd

3rd

... and just finished my submission for the banner of the next MGL.
          This game had the ape theme well before Donkey Kong, so you might say Nintendo
          copied the ape theme from Nichibutsu, Sega did for Congo Bongo and so did a whole host of other manufacturers.
          One of the most unique and ingenious controller games ever, with two sticks to be used with the correct timing
          and high precision ... otherwise you are gone! ... yes it's the incredible CRAZY CLIMBER from 1980.
          Funny, challenging, deadly, and so will be MGLXVIII ...

Enjoy Easter Monday!

PS: Thanks John for running another great MGL!

MGLXLIII - Arcade Firepower - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...cade-firepower

Comment

MGL 17 Leaderboard - Final Results

Rank
            Name MGL Points
            1 RMacauley 143
            2 DKong 103
            3 ED_209 101
            4 Mameshane 88
            5 kane 85
            6 Foot 83
            7 John73 82
            8 Brad 79
            9 nicko71 69
            10 Pelly 46
            11 MonoJoker 36
            12 Spartan 33
            13 azathoth 29
            14 OOO 25
            15 Rat 22
            16 Jammasized 14
            17 Skarn 11
            =18= blktgr74 7
            =18= Fire_Power 7
            20 pithhelmet 1
            21 casperthefriendly -
            Congrats to Rob on another win along with DKong and ED_209 taking the minor placings.

Thanks to everyone who participated. Thanks also to OOO who has provided our virtual trophies again for place getters to show off in their signatures should they wish.

We'll take a bit of a break for a week or 3. The Annual AA Kong Off will be played before MGL 18 kicks off, keep an eye out for the official Kong Off thread which will be posted about a week before it kicks off.... if you want to get some early practice in, feel free
            Last edited by John73; 31st March 2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Well done everyone. I enjoyed this mgl with only one really dodgy game (DoubleDragon)

Great to see a different winner each game

Thanks to John for running it again (although if I have 83 points then why am I 9th? )
              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

I knew I forgot to do something

Fixing it up now.... I'm getting too old for this

- - - Updated - - -

MGL 17 Leaderboard - Final Results

Rank
                Name MGL Points
                1 RMacauley 143
                2 DKong 103
                3 ED_209 101
                4 Mameshane 88
                5 kane 85
                6 Foot 83
                7 John73 82
                8 Brad 79
                9 nicko71 69
                10 Pelly 46
                11 MonoJoker 36
                12 Spartan 33
                13 azathoth 29
                14 OOO 25
                15 Rat 22
                16 Jammasized 14
                17 Skarn 11
                =18= blktgr74 7
                =18= Fire_Power 7
                20 pithhelmet 1
                21 casperthefriendly -
                Last edited by John73; 31st March 2013, 07:03 PM. Reason: Fixed final table after an initial error in my brain's internal bubble sort routine

Comment

Well done RMacauley (again), was nice to be able to spend some time on this MGL and get my game on , was lucky a couple of my favourite games came up.

Thanks John73 for doing another MGL, great job.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                    Well done RMacauley (again), was nice to be able to spend some time on this MGL and get my game on , was lucky a couple of my favourite games came up.

Thanks John73 for doing another MGL, great job.
                    Thanks. I do like running these things, big thanks to Jammsized for nominating me to run it when time was getting beyond him to run it. I hope the Mega Meet happens soon, looking forward to meeting some of you guys in real life and sharing a beer or three

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X