No announcement yet.

MGL 17 - Game 2 Road Fighter [COMPLETED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a couple of cracks.... don't mind this, sort of Traverse USA meets Bump n Jump (without the jump) meets Turbo
    Attached Files

Comment

Second loop.

Jet planes, Superm... sorry Konami Man and a special appearance from Burt Reynolds?

Must have been some bloody strong saki at Konami back in the day. Or perhaps something stronger.
      Attached Files

Comment

MGL 17 - Game 2 Road Fighter [WEEK 1]

ok just realized why I can't get anywhere close to these scores. my default dip settings are on normal not easy..

about to switch them and then see how I go.
        sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	road0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	1794640

This would be one of those games interesting to play over an afternoon of drinking, I can imagine this getting rather difficult after half a bottle of vodka

EDIT: Ignore this score, I played using WolfMame and didn't realise I'd already posted a better score than this

Comment

MGL 17 - Game 2 Road Fighter [WEEK 1]

oh well changing the dip settings has made absolutely no difference to my score.. I just suck at this game.
            sigpic

Comment

Name:	road0001.png
ID:	1794641

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
              oh well changing the dip settings has made absolutely no difference to my score.. I just suck at this game.
              My early tip for what it's worth, don't try to go full speed unless you have lightning fast reflexes

What is the story with the jet plane and Konami-Man (tm)? Seems like they appear if you drive and don't crash, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                What is the story with the jet plane and Konami-Man (tm)? Seems like they appear if you drive and don't crash, is that right?
                you seem to get a coupla thousand points when they fly over you as well?

Name:	road0002.png
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	1794642
                sigpic

Comment

Same prob re: dip switches. what should I select?

Comment

Name:	road0002.png
ID:	1794643

Didn't like this game after the first couple of games but it's growing on me

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Skarn View Post
                    Same prob re: dip switches. what should I select?
                    Put it on the easiest possible settings, so under Mame .106 (which is what players who use WolfMame for TwinGalaxies recordings use) it will be Easy, Easy & Easy and under later versions of Mame it will Few, Slow & Slow for the settings

Comment

After looking at this site: http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals...n%20%20DIP.pdf
                      I gather the settings should be: Number - Few, Speed - Fast, Consumption - Slow.

- - - Updated - - -

The manual seems to think Faster opponents is easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Skarn View Post
                        After looking at this site: http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals...n%20%20DIP.pdf
                        I gather the settings should be: Number - Few, Speed - Fast, Consumption - Slow.

- - - Updated - - -

The manual seems to think Faster opponents is easier!
                        This is possibly my mistake as I took the setting from the WolfMame version (.106) - As Mame is further developed the development team make changes to the Mame default DIP switches, it is possible that when .106 was released there were no known default DIP switches, so it was set to Easy, Easy & Easy. Since we started the game with these settings I think we should just stick with them, I'll try and remember to check the settings with my later Mame version when the next game is announced.

Comment

Name:	road0003.png
ID:	1794649

Comment

Finally made to the goal after I don't know how many tries. The best thing was I didn't die in the last stage and collected all the rainbow cars along the way. This really paid off on the next pattern as I managed to max the value on 10K per car and collect 4 of them.

I expected the game to get harder in race 2, or the top speed to go up but it was all pretty much the same as the first race

Name:	road0014.png
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1794650
                            "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
                              Finally made to the goal after I don't know how many tries. The best thing was I didn't die in the last stage and collected all the rainbow cars along the way. This really paid off on the next pattern as I managed to max the value on 10K per car and collect 4 of them.

I expected the game to get harder in race 2, or the top speed to go up but it was all pretty much the same as the first race

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47316[/ATTACH]
                              Rub it in pro man
                              sigpic

Comment

A little bit better
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X