Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 17 - Nominate your games here

MGL 17 will kick off Jan 26, I'll most likely start the first game around lunch on the Saturday (instead of the normal 7pm Sunday) time just to give everyone who is MGL deprived an extra day and a bit on game 1.

Settings for MGL 17:

1. Default DIP switches - these will be posted as usual with every game

2. There will be 8 games, each running for 2 weeks. Game 2 will be announced one week after game 1 starts, so this is a 9 week competition

3. Points scoring is the same as in previous MGLs and follows the Motor GP points scheme, 25 for 1st, 20 for 2nd down to 1 for 15th place

Rules for nominating your games:

1. Every player can nominate up to 5 games

2. No nominating games from the exclusion list below, these are games that have been played within the last 12 months and also include games from special competitions e.g. The Puck Off and the Kong Off. The Kong Off will be run again this year for those wanting to play Donkey Kong Set 1. No bootlegs/clones of excluded games or games already nominated (e.g. Pac 'n Pal is the same as Pac-Man and Chomp Chomp). If in doubt, nominate your game and it will either be ruled in or out by myself or another MGL mod.

3. No nominating a game that someone has already nominated

4. To avoid confusion, if your game has several different ROMs, please list the ROM name after your nomination - e.g. Donkey Kong (dkong)

5. Games must be playable on a standard cabinet - 1 joystick and 3 buttons maximum

6. If you wish to change any/all of your nominations, please post a new reply and list the game you want removed and the game you are replacing it with.

7. Nominations close Friday 25th Jan at midnight.

Excluded games:

[table=width: 600", class: grid]

[tr]

[td]10 Yard Fight[/td]

[td]Aliens[/td]

[td]Anteater[/td]

[td]Bosconian[/td]

[td]Bump 'n Jump :([/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Burger Time[/td]

[td]Donkey Kong[/td]

[td]Eagle[/td]

[td]Elevator Action[/td]

[td]Fantasy Zone[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Grobda[/td]

[td]Ghosts 'n Goblins[/td]

[td]Hyper Olympics[/td]

[td]Momoko 120%[/td]

[td]Ms. Pac-Man[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]New Rally-X[/td]

[td]Pacmania[/td]

[td]Pac 'n Pal[/td]

[td]Pandora's Palace[/td]

[td]R-Type[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Roc 'n Rope[/td]

[td]Rygar[/td]

[td]Snow Bros.[/td]

[td]Solar Quest[/td]

[td]Space Chaser[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Time Pilot[/td]

[td]Turtles[/td]

[td]Tutankham[/td]

[td]Uniwar S[/td]

[td]Xain'd Sleena[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Zookeeper[/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[td][/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Nominated Games for MGL 17 - Nominations now closed!

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/mgl17gamelist_zps25c01ede.png

Edited by John73
Updated nominations to final nominations

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooo! My first tournament now that my cabinet is built. Have been waiting for this.

My nominations - not that I'm great at them - is "My Hero" and "Rolling Thunder" and the incredibly difficult "Robocop".

:welcome: Welcome to the MGL. If you've got any questions just post them in here.

You've got two more nominations left if you want to add something else in the next two weeks.

MGL 17 - Nominate your games here

Just having a quick look at some of the nominations, a few horizontal fighters being nominated. I'll have to remedy that situation or rig the randomizer because I suck badly at them :lol

You don't have to be good at the games you nominate do you? I might have to change mine then;)

Joust

Berzerk

Scramble

Moon Patrol

.... And one more to come.

Nice.... I wouldn't mind having a shot at Moon Patrol. I sucked kinda badly at Scramble last time, but it's a great game that I should have another decent shot at. Didn't think we played Scramble all that long ago, but obviously it's been over a year now... how time flys

2 that my crystal ball sees potential issues with if they come up.

If anyone has issues with a particular game, e.g. it is open to point leeching or other unfair tactics, please just send me a PM with the issue. That way we can nip it in the bud before it becomes an issue. It's entirely possible that the person who nominated the game doesn't even know of the problem.

What I will try and do for this MGL is check out the MARP website for each game, they seem to have a good handle on all games and where potential problems exist and I can then make any special rulings before everyone starts playing games which have scoring issues.

No sign of Pengo or any Snow Bees for that matter.

Rob you were not looking hard enough!

Thanks to the tip from Jammasized, I just received this message fresh from the snow fields .....

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Arcade/RobPlane5_zpsa1507e92.png

:)