3. Frogger
      4. tapper (Budweiser, set 1)
      5. puzzle bobble (pbobblen)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
        I nominate these games

1. qbert
        Might have to rig the randomizer to coincided with the "Bert*Off" that Twin Galaxies is running from the 14th of Feb.

Just had another game of it, I started playing after watching Ed Heemskirk attempt the Marathon WR last year but after probably 100+ games it appears that I am just missing the part of the brain that allows me to progress past level 4 on this game.... @!#?@! you Q*Bert. Still a fun game though.

Comment

We played QBert in an MGL 2 years or so ago maybe. Great game as long as you configure your controls to suit diagonal movement like the original game.

Brad
          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            We played QBert in an MGL 2 years or so ago maybe. Great game as long as you configure your controls to suit diagonal movement like the original game.

Brad
            I have always played it with up down left right. how can u set it so it works on the diagonals?
            sigpic

Comment

Brad
              I'm keyboarding it, so I map my keys to ' / a and z which works nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
              I have always played it with up down left right. how can u set it so it works on the diagonals?
              You need to rotate the joystick to a 45 degree angle, which is probably a pain in the neck because it means drilling more mounting holes.

Just managed to up my high to 44K The game does my head in when you need to change square colours twice or when you get the on/off toggle squares.... get into a position to finish the screen and that stupid green bastard comes jumping down and messes everything up

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                I'm keyboarding it, so I map my keys to ' / a and z which works nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

You need to rotate the joystick to a 45 degree angle, which is probably a pain in the neck because it means drilling more mounting holes.

Just managed to up my high to 44K The game does my head in when you need to change square colours twice or when you get the on/off toggle squares.... get into a position to finish the screen and that stupid green bastard comes jumping down and messes everything up
                ah ok. will stick with how I play now. u know u can capture the green guy and it freezes the other characters? yeah I think 40k is around my top so far..
                sigpic

Comment

In an original cab John they were mounted diagonally. No good for most of us though.

In mame you can actually map diagonals for movement which is perfect for QBert. Instructions in the old thread here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...*bert-finished

Courtesy of DKong:

1. In game press Tab and go into your Input settings ( This game )

2. Change

P1 Right to=Right Down

P1 Left to= Left Up

P1 Up to= Up Right

P1 Down= Down Left

The trick to do this is to do one movement quickly followed by the other ie for right press right then down quickly you should see right arrow down arrow. Make sure there is no "or" separating the movements as it will not work.

Works excellently

Cheers,
                  Brad
                  My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

In an original cab John they were mounted diagonally. No good for most of us though.

In mame you can actually map diagonals for movement which is perfect for QBert. Instructions in the old thread here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...*bert-finished

Courtesy of DKong:

1. In game press Tab and go into your Input settings ( This game )

2. Change

P1 Right to=Right Down

P1 Left to= Left Up

P1 Up to= Up Right

P1 Down= Down Left

The trick to do this is to do one movement quickly followed by the other ie for right press right then down quickly you should see right arrow down arrow. Make sure there is no "or" separating the movements as it will not work.

Works excellently

Cheers,
                    Brad
                    cool will try this tonight after work.
                    sigpic

Comment

That didn't even occur to me, I don't have a working cab to try this out on, but wouldn't this still be a bit like playing a 4 way game with an 8 way joystick? I'm utterly crap at Q*Bert so I doubt it would effect my scoring ability one way or the other really

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                        That didn't even occur to me, I don't have a working cab to try this out on, but wouldn't this still be a bit like playing a 4 way game with an 8 way joystick? I'm utterly crap at Q*Bert so I doubt it would effect my scoring ability one way or the other really
                        It's definitely not perfect but it shits all over using it in STD mode as the movements on screen are naturally aligned with how you must move the joystick.

Brad

Comment

You should have kept the tip up your sleeve Brad - could have been your secret weapon. I've played this game and freeze up under pressure with a normal 4way oriented stick. Now I can dream of big scores!

Comment

In an original cab John they were mounted diagonally.
                            Does anyone know if the original Congo Bongo machine also had the joystick at diagonal?
                            When I played this machine a long time ago, obviously using a Hankin or LAI machine, the stick was at standard orientation and very hard to play this way.
                            A diagonal setup like Q*bert would have been great for Congo Bongo.

Ask your friends to play in MGLXLII. Don't procrastinate, participate ...

Comment

Scratching the depths of my dim and dark memory I seem to recall that they did although in Australia I suspect that would have been hit or miss in our generic cabs with many just having PCBS swapped in and nothing else done.

Brad

Comment

My nominations:

Exerion
                                Pengo
                                Galaga
                                Phoenix
                                Pleiades

Look forward to all the fun and frustration once again

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X