Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Controls:

Joystick: 4-way
    Buttons: 1 [Speed Boost]

Game Introduction

Collect all the dots in the maze without colliding with (or being collided by) the missile. You can use your speed boost as long as you have fuel left. If the missile gets behind you on a long stretch it will speed up and the only way to avoid collision then is to turn a corner.

More detailed information on Space Chaser and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=9644

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Space Chaser comp closes Sunday 7PM December 2nd.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck

Final Standings

Rank
    Name Score
    MGL Points
    1 kane 48,060 25
    2 RMacauley 29,340 20
    3 Nicko71 17,330 16
    4 ED_209 15,410 13
    5 casperthefriendly 12,110 11
    6 Pelly 8,710 10
    7 Fire_Power 8,550 9
    8 John73 6,550 8
    9 Mikie 6,520 7
    10 Foot 6,360 6
    Last edited by John73; 10 December 2012, 06:54 PM. Reason: Updated game scores to post #69

Re: MGL 16 Game 7: Space Chaser

WooHooo [MENTION=2580]wingtipvortex[/MENTION]

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

hang on, WTV must be back on game selection

at least its not another shooter

Comment

Just thought I would give it a crack before I headed to bed. As far as rustic maze games go, still thinking I like Turtles more... :-/

Comment

Looks likew this will be a fun one - and not a shooter I had a few games last night and thought there was a funny / strange delay between joystick move and ship doing what you asked? Didn't have joystick set for 4 way though and that stuffed me up a bit.

Comment

took a while to realize the button did something haha

Comment

Looks like Crash or Head On in space
              Attached Files

Comment

I wasn't expecting much from this game but once you get used to it it's actually a bloody brilliant game, I'm liking it.

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                  I wasn't expecting much from this game but once you get used to it it's actually a bloody brilliant game, I'm liking it.
                  Yep, its THE first game I ever put a 20c piece into, nostalgia really for me on this one. Top score kane!!

Comment

Getting there. Need to try a few things when I haven't been up since 3.30AM
                    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	scha0005.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1793960
                      Had a quick go, don't mind it
                      sigpic

Comment

Interesting occurrence earlier tonight. I played the first screen as normal but scored no points from the dots just the bonus at the end. Then it gave me another 10 point screen that played normally. I died on the 20 point screen and suddenly had a row of black extra ship symbols across the bottom of the screen. I made it to the 30 point screen and died repeatedly until I got bored at 20K and hit escape. The game was recorded (force of habit) so I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find what caused this. If nothing else I can practice with a shitload of lives after the recording stops.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scha0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	1793972

Comment

That happened to me too, finished the first level and only had points for the bonus. After that I think I quit out so I didn't notice anything with the lives.

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                            If nothing else I can practice with a shitload of lives after the recording stops.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45386[/ATTACH]
                            Hmm... wouldn't that be considered using save states to practice?

Comment

Originally posted by ED_209 View Post
                              Hmm... wouldn't that be considered using save states to practice?
                              Actually that thought did cross my mind. At the moment I'm being hammered by work so I haven't exploited this recording for more than a few minutes and it hasn't helped in any way. I played better in my last submission which was before this glitch reared it's ugly head.

Not playing tonight. It's 7.40PM and all I want to do is hit the sack. I've had bugger all sleep in the last week.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 0 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X