Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way
    Buttons: 2 [Shoot, Bomb]

Game Introduction

The player controls a sentient spaceship named Opa-Opa who fights nonsensical invader enemies in the titular group of planets, full of settings atypical of the traditional scrolling shooter and pastel colors; for that reason, it is occasionally dubbed a "cute 'em up".

In the game, the player's ship is placed in a level with a number of bases to destroy. When all the bases are gone, the stage boss appears, who must be defeated in order to move on to the next level.

More detailed information on Fantasy Zone and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=7755

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Fantasy Zone comp closes Sunday 7PM November 11th.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck

Progress Scores

Rank
    Name Score
    MGL Points
    1 ED_209 188,240 25
    2 RMacauley 187,480 20
    3 Pelly 180,180 16
    4 Taverner 165,840 13
    5 casperthefriendly 139,600 11
    6 nicko71 139,100 10
    7 kane 124,880 9
    8 Mikie 102,980 8
    9 Mameshane 78,540 7
    10 Brad 96,580 6
    11 bkltgr44 62,900 5
    12 MonoJoker 54,880 4
    13 John73 47,160 3
    14 Foot 23,800 2
    Last edited by John73; 11th November 2012, 07:17 PM. Reason: Updated scores to final standings.

Re: MGL 16 Game 4 : Fantasy Zone

Nice, I just added this to my favs list a few days ago.

Comment

Don't know anything about this game, however just curious as to why we aren't going with a parent rom? (fantzone.zip)

Either way.. crazy little shooter... I think I like!

Comment

I've never played this one either.

Brad
        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Played this a fair bit on the Sega Mega Drive BITD
          Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Never played this before. Must have been smoking some serious shit at SEGA when they came up with this game.
            Attached Files

Comment

I was playing this on the Master System recently around the MGL nomination time and thought it might make an OK MGL round, the Arcade version seems much tougher though.

Originally posted by Pelly View Post
              just curious as to why we aren't going with a parent rom? (fantzone.zip)
              If you look at page 5 of the nomination thread you'll notice that I specifically nominated the 'fantzone' romset, but whatever, probably doesn't make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelly View Post
                Don't know anything about this game, however just curious as to why we aren't going with a parent rom? (fantzone.zip)

Either way.. crazy little shooter... I think I like!
                Sry, My version of WolfMame didn't have fantzone.zip so I assumed fantzon1.zip was the current version.

I have edited the first post -

Everyone that is already playing, please swap ROM to fantzone.zip

Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

On the fantzone romset. Still figuring this one out
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think I have figured out what you are meant to be doing in this one...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1793263

Just a very quick first game. Can you tell I have zero idea how to play this?

Comment

Name:	0001.png
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1793264

Only time for one quick game this morning, still trying to work out what the hell is going on in this game

Comment

Hi,

New to the forums, been watching the progress on some of these games the last week or so, thought i would give it a go.

I would like to submit this score.

Name:	0001.png
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	1793271

only played a couple times so far, hopefully i can improve on it and give you all a bit more competition.

thanks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
                            Hi,

New to the forums, been watching the progress on some of these games the last week or so, thought i would give it a go.

I would like to submit this score.

only played a couple times so far, hopefully i can improve on it and give you all a bit more competition.

thanks.
                            Welcome to the MGL Mameshane.

Just to make things easier for me, can you post your score in the subject line or as the first line when you post a score - just saves lazy old me having to click on the screenshot to get your score. Note however if you post a screenshot with a score of say "2,500,000" then I or someone else will be looking at your screenshot to make sure you aren't B.S.ing us Just remember to post a complete new post with each score submission as I and other MGL mods do not go back to see if you've edited an old post with a new score. Any other questions, just ask and someone will sort your out with the answer.

Check out page 1 of this thread, your name is now up in lights (well pixels) on the leaderboard for this game.

P.S. We have two games going at once in this comp, so 10 Yard Fight is in it's 2nd week and ends this Sunday night if you want to get a score in for that game too
                            Last edited by John73; 29th October 2012, 06:00 PM. Reason: Corrected multiple spelling/grammar errors. D'oh

Comment

Name:	ED_209_fz_107700.jpg
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1793275

This was the first game I ever had on the Sega Master System

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X