Clear All

Meh

Click image for larger version

Name:	fant0003.png
Views:	1
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1793898
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Holy crap, nearly forgot all about this one. Had a big day cleaning up the yard, etc. Anyway, excuses aside here is my hastened effort - not even sure if I will get a point LOL.

Name:	fantzone.png
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1793899

Comment

Originally posted by MonoJoker View Post
        Holy crap, nearly forgot all about this one. Had a big day cleaning up the yard, etc. Anyway, excuses aside here is my hastened effort - not even sure if I will get a point LOL.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45248[/ATTACH]
        We're running on Qld time - you still have an hour left

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
          We're running on Qld time - you still have an hour left
          Haha yeah I know but TBH that was my first and last game. I'm rooted and about to have dinner, maybe a beer and settle into a movie Cheers.

Comment

Unless someone else pulls a huge score out of their fundamental orifice in the last 20 minutes it's all yours ED_209.

I kept telling myself that I needed to play this some more today but couldn't drag myself away from Aliens.

Then went to the pub (surprise surprise)

Comment

Apart from the rediculously fast power ups this is a suprisingly well balanced game imo, I like the spread of weapon power ups and how you can still survive with just wings which is ok thanks to the friendly balloon on death

But yeah please not a shooter next

Name:	fantz-165,840.png
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1793900

Comment

And game 4 is done & dusted.

Points will be up shortly and leaderboard adjusted.

Congrats to ED_209 for the win on this one.

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                Roll on the new game, please, no more shooters
                Next game up in a sec - it has shooting in it, but not a shooter as such.... well I wouldn't consider it a shooter but your opinion may be different I'm just getting random numbers and picking the game from the list. Perhaps there was an abundance of shooters nominated this time?

If you look at the final placings, you'll notice that no one is worse at shooters than me, perhaps this is something we will need to look at next MGL and discuss prior to the start - maybe list your game and it's genre and we don't play two of the same genre in a row or something.... anyway, something to think about before MGL 17 next year.

Comment

maybe list your game and it's genre and we don't play two of the same genre in a row or something.... anyway, something to think about before MGL 17 next year.
                  The practice of RANDOM re selection sometimes comes in handy

Comment

Final standings:

Rank
                    Name Score
                    MGL Points
                    1 ED_209 188,240 25
                    2 RMacauley 187,480 20
                    3 Pelly 180,180 16
                    4 Taverner 165,840 13
                    5 casperthefriendly 139,600 11
                    6 nicko71 139,100 10
                    7 kane 124,880 9
                    8 Mikie 102,980 8
                    9 Mameshane 78,540 7
                    10 Brad 96,580 6
                    11 bkltgr44 62,900 5
                    12 MonoJoker 54,880 4
                    13 John73 47,160 3
                    14 Foot 23,800 2
                    Another good turn out for this game. Congrats to ED_209 and the other medal winners.

Comment

I wish I had time to play this one this weekend.. Would have definitely cracked 200K

Well done Edward... Nice win.

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                        The practice of RANDOM re selection sometimes comes in handy
                        Yeah I know. But a couple of times already games have come up, I've given them a quick look and thought Arggggg I don't want to play this - I don't want to not put a game up because my initial thoughts are that it sucks.

It's a hard one, no one wants to play the same type of game over and over, but I do think the randomness is important. Perhaps in future MGLs if we don't make changes to the selection criteria then I'll just stay completely out of the selection process. I'm more than happy to update scores etc, just leave the selection process to one or two people who may be able to have less moral objection to a purely random process

Comment

I was just taking the piss on myself

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                            I was just taking the piss on myself
                            Yeah I know, but even still, I think there is something to what you say. I think we would all like it to be completely random, but we also want a nice mix of different games. Anyway, I'll bring this up in the MGL 17 call for ideas thread next year for further discussion.

Comment

Yeah I know. But a couple of times already games have come up, I've given them a quick look and thought Arggggg I don't want to play this - I don't want to not put a game up because my initial thoughts are that it sucks.

It's a hard one, no one wants to play the same type of game over and over, but I do think the randomness is important. Perhaps in future MGLs if we don't make changes to the selection criteria then I'll just stay completely out of the selection process. I'm more than happy to update scores etc, just leave the selection process to one or two people who may be able to have less moral objection to a purely random process
                              Careful now, you'll get Firepower all riled up again

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know, but even still, I think there is something to what you say. I think we would all like it to be completely random, but we also want a nice mix of different games. Anyway, I'll bring this up in the MGL 17 call for ideas thread next year for further discussion.
                              We have already discussed and considered 'genre selections' in previous MGL's. And selecting from 'pools' but the keep it simple guideline ruled it out.

It's a very easy thing to do, and we have done for previous MGL's, if the same genre keeps coming up upon random selection, we would randomly select another one. No big deal.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X