Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 16 Game 4 : Fantasy Zone [FINISHED]

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]

Fantasy Zone

[/TD]

[TD]

MGL 15 Game 3

[/TD]

[TD]

Nominated by: kane

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/fant1.png[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/fant2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Game Settings

ROM Name: fantzone.zip

DIP Switches:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/fantzonedips.png

Game Info

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way

Buttons: 2 [shoot, Bomb]

Game Introduction

The player controls a sentient spaceship named Opa-Opa who fights nonsensical invader enemies in the titular group of planets, full of settings atypical of the traditional scrolling shooter and pastel colors; for that reason, it is occasionally dubbed a "cute 'em up".

In the game, the player's ship is placed in a level with a number of bases to destroy. When all the bases are gone, the stage boss appears, who must be defeated in order to move on to the next level.

More detailed information on Fantasy Zone and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7755

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Fantasy Zone comp closes Sunday 7PM November 11th.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck :cool:

Progress Scores

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]188,240[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]187,480[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Pelly[/TD]

[TD]180,180[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Taverner[/TD]

[TD]165,840[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]casperthefriendly[/TD]

[TD]139,600[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]nicko71[/TD]

[TD]139,100[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]kane[/TD]

[TD]124,880[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Mikie[/TD]

[TD]102,980[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Mameshane[/TD]

[TD]78,540[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]96,580[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]bkltgr44[/TD]

[TD]62,900[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]MonoJoker[/TD]

[TD]54,880[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]47,160[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]23,800[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by John73
Updated scores to final standings.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing this on the Master System recently around the MGL nomination time and thought it might make an OK MGL round, the Arcade version seems much tougher though.

just curious as to why we aren't going with a parent rom? (fantzone.zip)

If you look at page 5 of the nomination thread you'll notice that I specifically nominated the 'fantzone' romset, but whatever, probably doesn't make a difference.

Don't know anything about this game, however just curious as to why we aren't going with a parent rom? (fantzone.zip)

Either way.. crazy little shooter... I think I like! :p

Sry, My version of WolfMame didn't have fantzone.zip so I assumed fantzon1.zip was the current version.

I have edited the first post -

Everyone that is already playing, please swap ROM to fantzone.zip

Sorry for any confusion.

Hi,

New to the forums, been watching the progress on some of these games the last week or so, thought i would give it a go.

I would like to submit this score.

0001.png.f3c1a34cb5fa3a8c05291ac5a3843c1b.png

only played a couple times so far, hopefully i can improve on it and give you all a bit more competition.

thanks.

Hi,

New to the forums, been watching the progress on some of these games the last week or so, thought i would give it a go.

I would like to submit this score.

only played a couple times so far, hopefully i can improve on it and give you all a bit more competition.

thanks.

Welcome to the MGL Mameshane. :006:

Just to make things easier for me, can you post your score in the subject line or as the first line when you post a score - just saves lazy old me having to click on the screenshot to get your score. Note however if you post a screenshot with a score of say "2,500,000" then I or someone else will be looking at your screenshot to make sure you aren't B.S.ing us :lol Just remember to post a complete new post with each score submission as I and other MGL mods do not go back to see if you've edited an old post with a new score. Any other questions, just ask and someone will sort your out with the answer.

Check out page 1 of this thread, your name is now up in lights (well pixels) on the leaderboard for this game.

P.S. We have two games going at once in this comp, so 10 Yard Fight is in it's 2nd week and ends this Sunday night if you want to get a score in for that game too :cool:

Edited by John73
Corrected multiple spelling/grammar errors. D'oh

Off topic:

Maybe we should run a poll at the end of each MGL to rank the games in terms of popularity. Maybe run one for MGL's gone by as well and then at some stage run an MGL with the top 8 most popular games... :)

Off topic:

Maybe we should run a poll at the end of each MGL to rank the games in terms of popularity. Maybe run one for MGL's gone by as well and then at some stage run an MGL with the top 8 most popular games... :)

I actually thought about that last MGL, I'll try and remember to do it - probably in the last days of this MGL.