Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way
    Buttons: 2 [Forward Pass, Side Pass]
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Game Introduction

The player must score a touchdown in the time allotted to go from high school and college ball all the way to the Pros and the Super Bowl.

Each level starts on the kick-off with the player carrying the ball as far up the field as possible before being tackled. Then, as the quarterback, you can either run or pass the ball to a receiver. An intercepted pass earns a penalty of 20 yards. Running out of bounds stops the clock. Extra points after touchdowns can either be kicked or run into the end zone.

More detailed information on 10-Yard Fight and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=6761

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. 10-Yard Fight comp closes Sunday 7PM November 4th.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck

Final Standings

Rank
    Name Score
    MGL Points
    1 Jammasized 139,700 25
    2 Brad 128,650 20
    3 casperthefriendly 105,400 16
    4 Spartan 96,700 13
    5 Wizo 81,700 11
    6 John73 79,750 10
    7 Taverner 65,950 9
    8 RMacauley 61,400 8
    9 Mikie 57,400 7
    10 mamejay 55,000 6
    11 MonoJoker 54,850 5
    12 Blktgr74 46,850 4
    13 Pelly 45,750 3
    14 Nicko71 43,350 2
    15 ED_209 40,150 1
    16 kane 19,350 -
    Last edited by John73; 4th November 2012, 07:08 PM. Reason: Updated game scores to final standings

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:Crying_big_time.thu:Crying_big_time.thu:Crying_bi g_time.thu

This is where Rob gets brought back to earth with an almighty thud

Comment

I ****ing love this game. I'm not great at it but loved it since I was a kid

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        I ****ing love this game. I'm not great at it but loved it since I was a kid

Brad
        Awwwww yeaaaaaaa

I better actually play this one and submit a score seeing as it's my nomination.

Certain it wont be to everyone's tastes as it's very different from your average shooter,platformer, maze.

youtube videos and inp files wont help you either, another reason I like this for MGL. Nominated it almost every MGL since I started playing, so I'm pretty chuffed to see it finally come up.

Comment

Once again I've seen a game selection, reacted due to struggling at it in the past and after a few games realized what I was doing wrong.

Until 15 minutes ago my best score was around 3,000. Never scored a touchdown before. Just one tiny little thing I hadn't picked up on before made all the difference. And no I can't say what it was as that would be giving out tips which upsets people in the first week.

Not as bad as I first thought.
          Attached Files

Comment

Gave this a very quick bash on the keyboard and it's not good, really think you need a joystick to play this one.

Anyone know of a cheap ready built arcade joystick I can use on my laptop? Need to fix up my Mame cab, but can't see that happening in the next 2 weeks

Edit: Actually, I should dig out my Logitech Gamepad and see if that's any better Maybe tomorrow

Comment

You don't need a joystick at all. It's no different in controls to any other older game. 8 way joystick and 2 buttons

Brad
              My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                You don't need a joystick at all. It's no different in controls to any other older game. 8 way joystick and 2 buttons

Brad
                I have played this game quite a bit - I'm okay at it, not great - there is one aspect of this game where I think a joystick will be easier.

Only had one quick game like I said, so I'll give it another go on the keyboard but until I try with a joystick I guess I can't say 100% if a joystick is easier on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post

Until 15 minutes ago my best score was around 3,000. Never scored a touchdown before. Just one tiny little thing I hadn't picked up on before made all the difference. And no I can't say what it was as that would be giving out tips which upsets people in the first week.

Not as bad as I first thought.
                  Good stuff. I hope you enjoy getting into it over two weeks, learning it's secrets, as there are quite a number of little things about this game. It seems all chaos at first and pretty random.

had a quick bash just to get a score up I am rusty, didn't get past college team. I'm not great at this game either but enjoy the challenge and getting further past the teams.

I have one pretty cool secret I know of for this game, which I'll hold until the 2nd week unless someone finds it out first just something I found out while playing and trying some things over the years.
                  I can't find it talked about on the interwebs either which is strange
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bloody ref was too slow blowing his whistle - I still had about .5 secs left
                    Last edited by John73; 22nd October 2012, 07:15 AM.

Comment

MGL 16 Game 3 : 10-Yard Fight [WEEK 1]

[post edited]

Sorry Mikie, just editing your post. It's better not to drop hints and secrets until the 2nd week of the comp...

1st day is a little too early
                      Last edited by Jed; 22nd October 2012, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I hope this is as enjoyable as Super Basketball which we got back in MGL.. 12? I never played many of the sports titles back in the day, my local arcades and shops didn't have any. I remember Punch Out at Grundys back in the 80s but other than that no sports title ever took much of my money until SuperStars Baseball showed up mid-90s. Will be loading up the ROM tonight and having a bash

Comment

I don't seem to have this rom (i have 'yard.zip')
                          Maybe someone could 'help' me out here..
                          cheers
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd be happy for anybody to put forward their 'little secrets' immediately. Worst nom in MGL history? I feel like somebody's just asked me to watch Any Given Sunday on a loop for two weeks. I can't stand American football.

Comment

Originally posted by ED_209 View Post
                              I can't stand American football.
                              Either can I but I've loved this game for years.

Brad

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X