Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 15: Game 8 Anteater [COMPLETED]

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]

Anteater

[/TD]

[TD]

MGL 15 Game 8

[/TD]

[TD]

Nominated by: Fire_Power

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/ant1.png[/TD]

[TD]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/ant3.jpg[/TD]

[TD]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/ant2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Game Settings

ROM Name: anteater.zip

DIP Switches:

Lives: 3

Bonus Life: Every 20k (This is stored internally and not DIP switch selected)

Note: These are the same settings as used by TG - Feel free to knock off a record in the name of AA :cool:

Game Info

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 4-way

Buttons: 1 [Tongue Retract]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Game Introduction

You play an anteater that elongates his sticky tongue through maze-like anthills eating ants, other bugs and insects.

The game has four different critters which the anteater can get to score points and each of them have different point values. Ant larvaes are worth 10 points, ants are worth 100 points, worms are worth 200 points and a Queen Ant is worth 1,000 points. Also, an extra anteater is rewarded every 20,000 points.

You cannot touch the worm's head, but you can munch him from behind. Worms and spiders cannot be killed unless they reach the tip of your tongue. The spider comes out at night and travels down the tongue until it reaches the tip. It can only be removed by eating a Queen Ant which clears all the critters from the screen. The Days get shorter as the game progresses, consequently the spider comes out earlier. The spider is truly the nemesis of this game.

More detailed information on Anteater and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=6891

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Anteater comp closes Sunday 7PM August 19th.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck :cool:

TG Top 3 Scores

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]David Nelson[/TD]

[TD]201,650[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Martin Bedard[/TD]

[TD]172,340[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Philippe Lamat[/TD]

[TD]155,550[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Final Standings

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]123,200[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]113,700[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]113,540[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Fire_Power[/TD]

[TD]93,790[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]85,920[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]Nicko71[/TD]

[TD]78,630[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]Spartan[/TD]

[TD]50,620[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]Kane[/TD]

[TD]50,240[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Major Havoc[/TD]

[TD]25,210[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]19,350[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD][/TR]

[TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by John73
Updated scores to final standings

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracker of a game and a great selection - off course I would say that wouldn't I :) Straight from the classic era of gaming for me, although I've never seen one in the wild, only in Mame, but a work colleague tells me he had it on a console of some sort.

I admit I have a predilection for maze games and am always amazed (:rolleyes) at how many different ways you can set up a game that is essentially a maze like this one.

I reckon there'll be some huge scores on this as it's not a hard game. I also predict some moans about the catchy tune. I'll start of with a quick game of 28,900

ante0004.png.8aa8a2534481025aa9b2f41ce51746cb.png

I also predict some moans about the catchy tune. I'll start of with a quick game of 28,900

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41843[/ATTACH]

I thought the tune was catchy myself when I first heard it.

No scores from me tonight, had a few games and still trying to work out exactly what I'm doing - best score of around 6K at the moment :redface

So I guess wingtip, you didn't delete firepowers noms like you mentoned you were going to :lol

Stop stirring the pot :P

Wigtip actually forgot to send me the game for week 8, so I just went to a random number generator on the net - first number out was 3 which was Anteater, I had to go through the list to find out who nominated it as I had no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally cracked the 10K mark :lol

0002.thumb.png.f5197541cf6e69d473b101904ed87e9d.png

Edited by John73

So I guess wingtip, you didn't delete firepowers noms like you mentoned you were going to :lol

Yep, I'd expected that to happen - matches with the terrestrial levels of understanding of randomness and the sophisticated, mature approach to the way open free discussion is encouraged :p Thanks John. :038:

Stop stirring the pot :P

Wigtip actually forgot to send me the game for week 8, so I just went to a random number generator on the net - first number out was 3 which was Anteater, I had to go through the list to find out who nominated it as I had no idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally cracked the 10K mark :lol

I'm liking this game, never even heard of it but it's kinda cool and a bit weird.

I never knew this game existed either, it's all your fault for not mentioning it!

I can just imagine the flyer for this game, there would be something like "eats ants, eats quaters!", and then something about the "awesome tounge action"...

0003.thumb.png.8e5f6911e8ae0da1196293167150f8cc.png

This games a coin sucker alright, if I had have come about this game in the arcades I reckon I would have spent 40c on it - 2 games and decided it wasn't worthy of my money :lol

Ahhhh Mame, I don't have to pay for games I suck at :) Bit of a difference from Hyper Olympics were I got over 4hours of value for my 20c :lol

Fellow MGL'ers, a small diversion from your regular programming.

Google's Home Page has a hurdles game on it for the next 24 hours. Arrow keys to run, space bar to jump.

Who's in for a quick 24 hour comp ? :) I've put up a time. No joysticks this time ;)

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/53063-Google-Home-Page-Olympics-Hurdles-Game?p=670683#post670683

Me and my son are playing this next to each other.. Hes still trying to get past the first stage.

Its Tricky.. and the layout is never the same

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41886[/ATTACH]

Cheers

Score updated - for ease of maintaining the leaderboard can you just make a new post for each score :)

I'm back! :D

And what better way to re-enter the comp after a 4 week holiday in Italy than with a score that bumps Rob out of 1st place :cool:

Doubt I'll hold onto this for long once he sees it though :lol

ED_209_anteater_39170.thumb.jpg.37c601f716aa98d6f57cf8d3bdd67cff.jpg

0007.thumb.png.5e7e7ff459732b5a6d8862fbf4b194f3.png

Great fun this game, very addictive but bloody hard all the same. Kudos to the Mame WR holder - 200K is massive.

Still over a week on this game, I don't think 52K is gonna win this one, I seem to recall seeing Rob's name in the TG list. Can't check ATM, TG has been down since yesterday :(

I'm back! :D

And what better way to re-enter the comp after a 4 week holiday in Italy than with a score that bumps Rob out of 1st place :cool:

Doubt I'll hold onto this for long once he sees it though :lol

Oh alright then. If I must. :p

Reached anthill 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Great fun this game, very addictive but bloody hard all the same. Kudos to the Mame WR holder - 200K is massive.

Still over a week on this game, I don't think 52K is gonna win this one, I seem to recall seeing Rob's name in the TG list. Can't check ATM, TG has been down since yesterday :(

Dave Nelson is incredible at a huge range of games. Up in the Don Hayes league. Multiple Funspot tournament winner.

Think I had a low 80K on the TG list.

Cheers

Rob

anteater.png.4873aefe792f219c6eeb9867221eaa4b.png