• MGL 15: Game 5 Eagle [COMPLETED]

Eagle
    MGL 15 Game 5
    Nominated by: kane
    Game Settings

ROM Name: eagle.zip

DIP Switches:

Bonus Life: 30000

This game is not tracked by Twin Galaxies. It is a clone (of sorts) of Moon Cresta.

Game Info

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Controls:

Buttons: Rotational (left, right)
    Buttons: 1 [Fire]
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Game Introduction

Fly your tri-stage spaceship through wave after wave of alien bird-like ships. Dock your ships onto one another for greater score and firepower!

More detailed information on Eagle and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=7686

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Eagle comp closes Sunday 7PM July 29th.

Centuri, the makers of this game say it best: "Try it now !! You can get a lot of fun and thrill"

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck

Final Standings

Rank
    Name Score
    MGL Points
    1 Rat 97,000 25
    2 RMacauley 85,180 20
    3 Foot 57,630 16
    4 Jammasized 53,640 13
    5 Spartan 52,500 11
    6 kane 49,550 10
    7 Brad 48,650 9
    8 Nicko71 46,050 8
    9 Major Havoc 21,730 7
    10 Fire_Power 17,680 6
    11 John73 15,480 5
    12 SectionZ 10,530 4
    Last edited by John73; 29 July 2012, 07:53 PM. Reason: Updated scores to final standings

Moon Cresta clone

Edit Whoops mentioned in game description
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
      Moon Cresta clone

Edit Whoops mentioned in game description
      From what I read on KLOV it's just changed sprites???? someone with knowledge of both could tell me. I can post the top 3 TG scores for Moon Cresta if that's the case

I had a quick 1 min game of this earlier while checking out the ROM DIP settings. This is like Scramble on my laptop - the screen is very narrow, takes up maybe 30% of the screen - any ideas how I can fix this it's really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
        It is a clone (of sorts) of Moon Cresta.
        It's much easier than Moon Cresta thankfully, Eagle was the US version licensed to Centuri. I know the Rat plays a mean game of Moon Cresta so watch out for on this one...

Comment

Is this meant to be played with buttons only? Serious q as my cab only has two buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Power View Post
            Is this meant to be played with buttons only? Serious q as my cab only has two buttons.
            Nah, joystick is fine - that's what I'm playing with if I use the cab.

Edit: Hoping I don't regret this rash quick Joystick decision like I did with Hyper Olympics

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kane View Post
            It's much easier than Moon Cresta thankfully, Eagle was the US version licensed to Centuri. I know the Rat plays a mean game of Moon Cresta so watch out for on this one...
            Okay, cheers for the info. Won't bother posting Moon Cresta TG scores then. Wonder why TG isn't tracking this game

Comment

Edit: Hoping I don't regret this rash quick Joystick decision like I did with Hyper Olympics
              Thanks - hope you don't regret either - probably makes far less difference on this one cf HO.

Also great to return to what is for me the high point era of arcade gaming. Just had a quick game and forgot about the surprise attack diagonal men a whole new surprise rediscovered, one of the aspects I enjoy about MGL.

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, cheers for the info. Won't bother posting Moon Cresta TG scores then. Wonder why TG isn't tracking this game
                No need to worry about Joystickgate 2. The arcade version in the states had directional buttons. Played it in the Funspot tournament in 2010. Space Invaders, Asteroids, Phoenix and Pleiades did as well. Always saw them with joysticks here.

I think they track the arcade version of Eagle but not MAME for some reason. Snow Bros is the opposite. They track MAME but not arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                  No need to worry about Joystickgate 2. The arcade version in the states had directional buttons. Played it in the Funspot tournament in 2010. Space Invaders, Asteroids, Phoenix and Pleiades did as well. Always saw them with joysticks here.
                  Am I just a sadist - I thought it would be funny if Hyper Sports was nominated and it came up straight after Hyper Olympics instead of this game

Comment

Awesome, Moon Cresta one of my faves ever...Never played this 'version' though.

Comment

Had a good game going here but lost my bonus life for just 2k

Comment

That'll do for tonight. Still suffering from last nights efforts.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.0 KB
ID:	1792054

Not even going to bother updating the progress scores

So you die and are rewarded by your ship coming back with double fire?

Edit: Just worked out how to fix my skinny screen problem No more skinny picks after this one.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	1792055

4 Games and yet to experience a lot of fun and thrill

Comment

Still got the old skinny pix there

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X