No announcement yet.

MGL 15: Game 4 Xain'd Sleena [COMPLETED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight is right there is a lot of slow down in this one. Its another game I remember playing as a kid, I really really sucked at it then but I learnt a lot when it came up in a comp before. I never was able to finish it so will be keen to see if I can get the last couple of planets with the easier settings.

What I always liked about this was the mixed genres, switching between platform shooter and horizontal space shooter (and being able to choose the order of stages). Admittedly the alternate stages are more bonus stages then an equal half of the game but I still like the idea of mixing genres and its maybe a shame it wasn't attempted more.

Comment

Just a small sample of what's possible without revealing specific details. I stopped for 3 reasons.

1. I was starting to hurt. I'm not as young as I used to be.
      2. It was getting boring.
      3. Had to take a leak.

That's all from me tonight
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
        Knight is right there is a lot of slow down in this one. Its another game I remember playing as a kid, I really really sucked at it then but I learnt a lot when it came up in a comp before. I never was able to finish it so will be keen to see if I can get the last couple of planets with the easier settings.

What I always liked about this was the mixed genres, switching between platform shooter and horizontal space shooter (and being able to choose the order of stages). Admittedly the alternate stages are more bonus stages then an equal half of the game but I still like the idea of mixing genres and its maybe a shame it wasn't attempted more.
        I haven't played it for a while, but in certain stages the slow down can be quite bad.
        Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

hard game. always been a nostalgic fave but never completed it...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1791964

Only had 3 games, but this is not my sort of game - last place here I come

Comment

Name:	0001.png
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	1791965

Comment

Name:	0003.png
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	1791966

Growing on me a little. Might give it another bash tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40710[/ATTACH]

Growing on me a little. Might give it another bash tonight.
                  That's some improvement in three hours of play ! nice

Comment

(Pretty sure the game should be listed as 8 way wont matter with the platform stages but will in the space ones).

That's completing the first three worlds but getting hammered in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
                      (Pretty sure the game should be listed as 8 way wont matter with the platform stages but will in the space ones).
                      I think you're right. I'm playing on keyboard so it's hard to tell and the KLOV website didn't make mention of the joystick and control layout for this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                      That's some improvement in three hours of play ! nice
                      The game is a lot easier when you work out some of the controls properly - dodging bullets is helpful I've found

Comment

i had this pcb up until recently.. nasty, annoying game lol

bring snow brothers back please

Comment

Originally posted by justin007 View Post
                          i had this pcb up until recently..
                          You would think a PCB with 4 CPUs could handle the slow down better

Comment

The arcade version had slowdown issues from memory. My local pub had this in a cocktail on more than one occasion.

I am working on finishing this thing. Current best 594K which although I was at the end of the 5th planet I did die a lot in space on the 4th planet. Still playing with a 4 way which isnt ideal but I can't be bothered pulling my joystick apart at the moment. I rate the 594K a LOT higher than the 1.2M I posted yesterday. Need to figure a few things out and beat that score and the game. If I have my way it will happen.
                            Attached Files

Comment

You get a whopping 500k bonus for completing the game as well.
                              Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

Name:	xsleena.png
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1791984

good game when you get in the swing
                                sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X