Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 15: Game 3 Hyper Olympics [COMPLETED]

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]

Hyper Olympics

[/TD]

[TD]

MGL 15 Game 3

[/TD]

[TD]

Nominated by: Dragonlee

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/hyper1.png[/TD]

[TD]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/hyper3.png[/TD]

[TD]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/hyper2.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Game Settings

ROM Name: hyprolym.zip

DIP Switches:

Lives: 1

After Last Event: Game Continues

Bonus Life: 100,000

World Records: Don't Erase

Difficulty: Easy

Note: This game is not tracked by Twin Galaxies. It is a clone of Track & Field (scores shown below are for T&F and are for information purposes only). You will need to use the Hyper Olympics ROM for this game. Scores on Track & Field will not be accepted.

Game Info

Number of Simultaneous Players: 2

Maximum number of Players: 4

Gameplay: Competitive

Controls:

3 Buttons (Run 1, Action, Run 2)

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Game Introduction

Compete against other players in various Olympic events. Bash the buttons as fast as possible to run faster. Use the action button to throw, jump, etc.

Compete in Olympic events. You must qualify in each event to move onto the next. Hit the two run buttons to build up speed and use action button to jump or throw. The events are:

• 100m Dash - Run as fast as possible.
  • Long Jump - Run then choose angle of jump 45 is optimal.
  • Javelin - Run then choose angle of throw 42-ish is optimal.
  • 110m Hurdles - Run and time jump over hurdles.
  • Hammer Throw - Man spins faster and faster time release of hammer and angle of throw 45 is optimal.
  • High Jump - Man runs to bar. Use Action button to start jump and keep pressing to reduce angle of climb you start going straight up at 90 degrees if you tap the button once. Hit the Run buttons while in air to climb higher.

More detailed information on Hyper Olympics and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8165

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Hyper Olympics comp closes Sunday 7PM July 15th.

No bonus points for this: Feel free to post your best times/distances for each event - I'll try and keep a separate table for the best in each event.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck :cool:

TG Top 3 Scores - TG (Track & Field)

TG Settings: Difficulty Normal, Bonus Life: None, ROM: trackfld.zip

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Alessandro Suardi[/TD]

[TD]4,041,620[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]Paul Kearns[/TD]

[TD]100 :lol[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Final Standings

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]Jammasized[/TD]

[TD]4,291,670[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]3,855,460[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]2,384,400[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]Spartan[/TD]

[TD]2,359,500[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Kane[/TD]

[TD]482,290[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]nicko71[/TD]

[TD]263,410[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]SectionZ[/TD]

[TD]239,850[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]wingtipvortex[/TD]

[TD]228,800[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]Pash[/TD]

[TD]193,650[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Taverner[/TD]

[TD]168,140[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]DKong[/TD]

[TD]159,400[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]122,750[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]82,270[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Rat[/TD]

[TD]75,020[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]azathoth[/TD]

[TD]18,700[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Event Records:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500]

[TR]

[TD]Event[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Distance/Time[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]100m Sprint[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]8.45s[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Long Jump[/TD]

[TD]SectionZ[/TD]

[TD]9.70m[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Javelin[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]96.89m[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hurdles[/TD]

[TD]Jammasized[/TD]

[TD]10.19s[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hammer Throw[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]98.00m[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]High Jump[/TD]

[TD]kane[/TD]

[TD]2.47m[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by John73

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg... this is going to be very interesting. Certain it will divide opinion.

Should state right now that coin containers, electric toothbrushes, and other enhancements are not allowed :D

omg... this is going to be very interesting. Certain it will divide opinion.

Should state right now that coin containers, electric toothbrushes, and other enhancements are not allowed :D

Why is that? I am pretty sure TG accepts them.

TG Official rules for the arcade version:

"Tool usage" of any kind to assist in game control is not permitted;

only bare skin on controls is allowed.

Of course, with mame where it's an inp only submission there is no way of telling if people are cheating.

MGL is played on an honesty basis and the official "honesty" based rule is exactly the same as TG for the arcade version :cool:

I'll post some early scores using keyboard, but I'll have to fire up the cab for a decent score, keyboard just does not cut it on this game.

Why is that? I am pretty sure TG accepts them.

From memory there was talk of TG wanting footage of the player's hands to make sure nothing was used but that may have only been for arcade submissions. Not sure if anything came of it though.

I'm no threat on this one. The Hyper Olympics at my local deli had a joystick. I sucked big time using buttons.

From memory there was talk of TG wanting footage of the player's hands to make sure nothing was used but that may have only been for arcade submissions. Not sure if anything came of it though.

I'm no threat on this one. The Hyper Olympics at my local deli had a joystick. I sucked big time using buttons.

I seem to remember playing this with a joystick at some stage too. Don't you have a cab running Mame? Just remap Run1 and Run2 to left and right maybe? I don't have a problem with this though your joystick might have something to say about being smashed around :lol

I seem to remember playing this with a joystick at some stage too. Don't you have a cab running Mame? Just remap Run1 and Run2 to left and right maybe? I don't have a problem with this though your joystick might have something to say about being smashed around :lol

Don't have a MAME cab. Might remap my old OzStick and see how it goes. Just tried with buttons and couldn't clear the first loop.

Don't have a MAME cab. Might remap my old OzStick and see how it goes. Just tried with buttons and couldn't clear the first loop.

Just had a game with the keyboard and brain farted on the high jump of all things :rolleyes

How about this for a long jump with the keyboard?

0001.png.ada938dbf300d6f46d3ed3ba47d89e34.png

I've never got past the 2nd round on this one, I can't do the hammer throw the 2nd time round - will have to work out the timing on that one :confused:

I'm sure I remember reading about players using something between there fingers to aid with the button mashing on this game, or a similar game.

Must just be a false memory I guess.

Great game this one, the MGL has started strong indeed.

I'm sure I remember reading about players using something between there fingers to aid with the button mashing on this game, or a similar game.

Must just be a false memory I guess.

Great game this one, the MGL has started strong indeed.

In my home town, it used to just be a 20c piece being rubbed over the buttons - made a big groove in the button after a while which would have pissed off the arcade owners no end :lol

Took me a while to figure out the High Jump, and I must be missing something on the Long Jump as I havn't got anywhere near the 2nd loop qualifying distance.

You're not missing anything, you just need to bash the hell out of the buttons quicker :lol

Cleared 1 loop then failed to qualify on the 100M the second time around. Tried using the joystick and didn't pass the first 110M hurdles so I went back to buttons. Don't see myself playing a lot of this one to be honest.

hyprolym.png.58f3b0cbe8d7e069a31c852392cde783.png

In my home town, it used to just be a 20c piece being rubbed over the buttons - made a big groove in the button after a while which would have pissed off the arcade owners no end :lol

I used to see a few different methods in my local. We used to use the long plastic coin containers you would get from poker machine change places. You could swipe these across the machine's back and forth, buttons and build really good speed. I saw other guys using battery powered toothbrushes with a peg on the end. (don't laugh - it worked amazingly well.) Another guy just had amazingly quick fingers, he'd use forefinger and middle finger of each hand on both run buttons.

I'm a slapper myself :lol

Anyway, it's good to find a game a game that Rob can't post a bazillion points straight off the bat on ;) Certainly not your average Arcade game, this one.

A good mate of mine has scored 400k+ on my 2P upright, and in the end he gave up, cause he was too exhausted. Still had extra lives in the bag. I might even convince him to have a go, just to throw a wild card in the mix :D

How the record is 4 million I don't know. I'd suspect some sort of mechanical assistance in the speed, as I just don't see how anyone would have the stamina for that kind of score on this game :unsure but who knows.

How the record is 4 million I don't know. I'd suspect some sort of mechanical assistance in the speed, as I just don't see how anyone would have the stamina for that kind of score on this game :unsure but who knows.

Hector Rodriguez did a Track and Field marathon about a month ago and went for 31 hours and 30 million points, I think he went 5 hours before losing his first life.

Switched back to the joystick after another crappy attempt with buttons and here's the end result. I just couldn't get up to speed from midway through the second loop. Lost the extra life on the second hurdles and crashed and burned on the third long jump.

Thought I had ya Wingtip but as Maxwell Smart would say "missed it by that much." :lol

I'll try again tomorrow. This game needs recovery time.

Cheers

Rob

hyprolym.png.c672939cd098bc3de650e3b1e5cf41d5.png

Hector Rodriguez did a Track and Field marathon about a month ago and went for 31 hours and 30 million points, I think he went 5 hours before losing his first life.

That is truly amazing. He must be pretty damn fit and have amazing endurance!

Wingtip that is an awesome long jump - Respect. That will be tough to beat.

Nice scores WTV and Rob :cool:

Scoreboard updated and there is now a table for best individual event times/distances. No points for this, but it get's you i) Bragging rights and ii) will look impressive on your resume when you go for that next high paying job :)