Game Settings

ROM Name: hyprolym.zip

DIP Switches:

Lives: 1
    After Last Event: Game Continues
    Bonus Life: 100,000
    World Records: Don't Erase
    Difficulty: Easy

Note: This game is not tracked by Twin Galaxies. It is a clone of Track & Field (scores shown below are for T&F and are for information purposes only). You will need to use the Hyper Olympics ROM for this game. Scores on Track & Field will not be accepted.

Game Info

Number of Simultaneous Players: 2
    Maximum number of Players: 4
    Gameplay: Competitive
    Controls:
    3 Buttons (Run 1, Action, Run 2)
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Game Introduction

Compete against other players in various Olympic events. Bash the buttons as fast as possible to run faster. Use the action button to throw, jump, etc.

Compete in Olympic events. You must qualify in each event to move onto the next. Hit the two run buttons to build up speed and use action button to jump or throw. The events are:
    • 100m Dash - Run as fast as possible.
    • Long Jump - Run then choose angle of jump 45 is optimal.
    • Javelin - Run then choose angle of throw 42-ish is optimal.
    • 110m Hurdles - Run and time jump over hurdles.
    • Hammer Throw - Man spins faster and faster time release of hammer and angle of throw 45 is optimal.
    • High Jump - Man runs to bar. Use Action button to start jump and keep pressing to reduce angle of climb you start going straight up at 90 degrees if you tap the button once. Hit the Run buttons while in air to climb higher.

More detailed information on Hyper Olympics and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=8165

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Hyper Olympics comp closes Sunday 7PM July 15th.

No bonus points for this: Feel free to post your best times/distances for each event - I'll try and keep a separate table for the best in each event.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck

TG Top 3 Scores - TG (Track & Field)

TG Settings: Difficulty Normal, Bonus Life: None, ROM: trackfld.zip
    Rank Name Score
    1 Alessandro Suardi 4,041,620
    2 Paul Kearns 100

Final Standings

Rank
    Name Score
    MGL Points
    1 Jammasized 4,291,670 25
    2 John73 3,855,460 20
    3 RMacauley 2,384,400 16
    4 Spartan 2,359,500 13
    5 Kane 482,290 11
    6 nicko71 263,410 10
    7 SectionZ 239,850 9
    8 wingtipvortex 228,800 8
    9 Pash 193,650 7
    10 Taverner 168,140 6
    11 DKong 159,400 5
    12 Foot 122,750 4
    13 Brad 82,270 3
    14 Rat 75,020 2
    15 azathoth 18,700 1

Event Records:

Event Name Distance/Time
    100m Sprint John73 8.45s
    Long Jump SectionZ 9.70m
    Javelin John73 96.89m
    Hurdles Jammasized 10.19s
    Hammer Throw John73 98.00m
    High Jump kane 2.47m
    Last edited by John73; 15 July 2012, 07:26 PM.

omg... this is going to be very interesting. Certain it will divide opinion.

Should state right now that coin containers, electric toothbrushes, and other enhancements are not allowed

Comment

And I just broke a microswitch on Snow Bros... Maybe I better make that a bulk order.

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
        And I just broke a microswitch on Snow Bros... Maybe I better make that a bulk order.

I can feel the potential blisters already..

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
          omg... this is going to be very interesting. Certain it will divide opinion.

Should state right now that coin containers, electric toothbrushes, and other enhancements are not allowed
          Why is that? I am pretty sure TG accepts them.
          Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

Originally posted by knight76 View Post
            Really ? link or it didn't happen.

Besides, it creates an advantage for those that have, and those that have not.

Comment

TG Official rules for the arcade version:

"Tool usage" of any kind to assist in game control is not permitted;
              only bare skin on controls is allowed.

Of course, with mame where it's an inp only submission there is no way of telling if people are cheating.

MGL is played on an honesty basis and the official "honesty" based rule is exactly the same as TG for the arcade version

I'll post some early scores using keyboard, but I'll have to fire up the cab for a decent score, keyboard just does not cut it on this game.

Comment

From memory there was talk of TG wanting footage of the player's hands to make sure nothing was used but that may have only been for arcade submissions. Not sure if anything came of it though.

I'm no threat on this one. The Hyper Olympics at my local deli had a joystick. I sucked big time using buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                  From memory there was talk of TG wanting footage of the player's hands to make sure nothing was used but that may have only been for arcade submissions. Not sure if anything came of it though.

I'm no threat on this one. The Hyper Olympics at my local deli had a joystick. I sucked big time using buttons.
                  I seem to remember playing this with a joystick at some stage too. Don't you have a cab running Mame? Just remap Run1 and Run2 to left and right maybe? I don't have a problem with this though your joystick might have something to say about being smashed around

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                    I seem to remember playing this with a joystick at some stage too. Don't you have a cab running Mame? Just remap Run1 and Run2 to left and right maybe? I don't have a problem with this though your joystick might have something to say about being smashed around
                    Don't have a MAME cab. Might remap my old OzStick and see how it goes. Just tried with buttons and couldn't clear the first loop.

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                      Don't have a MAME cab. Might remap my old OzStick and see how it goes. Just tried with buttons and couldn't clear the first loop.
                      Just had a game with the keyboard and brain farted on the high jump of all things

How about this for a long jump with the keyboard?

Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	1791850

I've never got past the 2nd round on this one, I can't do the hammer throw the 2nd time round - will have to work out the timing on that one

Comment

2 Games, 1 Blister. Better get some time in on Snow Bros.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0002.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1791858

Too tired to do any better than this tonight on the keyboard

Comment

I'm sure I remember reading about players using something between there fingers to aid with the button mashing on this game, or a similar game.

Must just be a false memory I guess.

Great game this one, the MGL has started strong indeed.
                            Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

I'm sure I remember reading about players using something between there fingers to aid with the button mashing on this game, or a similar game.

Must just be a false memory I guess.

Great game this one, the MGL has started strong indeed.
                              In my home town, it used to just be a 20c piece being rubbed over the buttons - made a big groove in the button after a while which would have pissed off the arcade owners no end

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X