Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 15: Game 2 Snow Bros. [COMPLETED]

[table=width: 500, class: grid]

[tr]

[td]

Snow Bros.

[/td]

[td]

MGL 15 Game 2

[/td]

[td]

Nominated by: Pelly

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/snow1.png[/td]

[td]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/snow2.png[/td]

[td]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/snow3.png[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Game Settings

ROM Name: snowbros.zip

DIP Switches:

Region: America [Romstar license]

Flip Screen: Off

Service Mode: Off

Difficulty: Normal

Bonus Life: 100k Only

Lives: 3

Invulnerability: Off

Allow Continue: No

Please note: These default settings are also the same as used by TG.

Game Info

Number of Simultaneous Players: 2

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Joint

Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way (up, down, left, right)

Buttons: 2 [Jump, Fire]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Game Introduction

Two snowmen, Nick and Tom, battle cute Japanese critters over 50 platform based screens. Turn the enemy critters into snowballs and then boot them around the platforms knocking down everything in their path. Pick up Sushi for exra points. When a screen is cleared of monsters you move on to the next level.

Shoot snow at monsters to turn them into snowballs. Press the fire button next to a snowball to kick it around the screen. Any monsters hit by a snowball are killed. If another snowball is hit, it too bounces around the screen. Collect potions for power ups.

More detailed information on Snow Bros. and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9601

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Snow Bros. comp closes Sunday 7PM July 8th.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck :cool:

TG Top 3 Scores

[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: left]

[tr]

[td]Rank[/td]

[td]Name[/td]

[td]Score[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]1[/td]

[td]Paul McCallon[/td]

[td]4,548,790[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]2[/td]

[td]Martin Bedard[/td]

[td]4,006,350[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]3[/td]

[td]Robert Macauley :cool:[/td]

[td]2,573,730[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Final Standings

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Rank

[/TD]

[TD]Name[/TD]

[TD]Score

[/TD]

[TD]MGL Points

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]RMacauley[/TD]

[TD]2,504,150[/TD]

[TD]25 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/goldmedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]ED_209[/TD]

[TD]1,681,150[/TD]

[TD]20 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/silvermedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]Taverner[/TD]

[TD]1,400,120[/TD]

[TD]16 http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z103/holycow1973/bronzemedal_t.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]kane[/TD]

[TD]1,366,150[/TD]

[TD]13[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]Spartan[/TD]

[TD]1,317,660[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]nicko71[/TD]

[TD]1,248,400[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]dave_wellington[/TD]

[TD]1,060,170[/TD]

[TD]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]DKong[/TD]

[TD]1,055,870[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9[/TD]

[TD]DisQo[/TD]

[TD]967,940[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD]Pash[/TD]

[TD]949,910[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]John73[/TD]

[TD]771,480[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]blontic[/TD]

[TD]507,460[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]13[/TD]

[TD]Foot[/TD]

[TD]435,790[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD]Rat[/TD]

[TD]371,980[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]Brad[/TD]

[TD]361,070[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]SectionZ[/TD]

[TD]188,060[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[/TR]

[/table]

Edited by John73
Updated scores to final standings

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun game. I got hooked on Snow Bros back when I worked at Timezone in the 90's. Got to the point where I could finish it most times and get between 1.8M and 2.1M.

The TG score was from a MAME decathlon in 2007. Honestly I don't think I've played the game since then. Need to remember a few things. Can't see another 2.5M score from me just at the moment.

Cheers

Rob

Can't see another 2.5M score from me just at the moment.

And after hearing this, a huge sigh of relief is heard to come from the MGL crowd :lol

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I was just playing this a few weeks ago so I'm already in the groove, I've never cracked the million though yet...

Didn't think my 42K score was going to cut the mustard :lol

This is about the 2nd last game I ever saw at the local fish&chip shop (arcade game in a public place that wasn't an arcade) from memory. Was probably about $1 or 3 for $2 game - too rich for my blood considering how quickly I die playing it.

Had two quick games. Not too bad considering I haven't played this for five years but there's a lot I don't remember.

Made it to floor 35. Trust me the floor 40 bosses and the last 10 screens can be a real pain in the arse.

Cheers

Rob

snowbros.png.a7cc940b9a3743847ff324b34b79261f.png

Wow! A lot of scores for the first night of a game, this game must have made some decent cash BITD.

Some massive scores already - how about Rob or dave_wellington setting up a live stream at some stage and schooling in how to play this one :cool:

Interesting to hear that this game has an end point which Rob has made and he is 2Mil off the pace. Must be some stages where you can really cash in on this one.

Wow! A lot of scores for the first night of a game, this game must have made some decent cash BITD.

Some massive scores already - how about Rob or dave_wellington setting up a live stream at some stage and schooling in how to play this one :cool:

Interesting to hear that this game has an end point which Rob has made and he is 2Mil off the pace. Must be some stages where you can really cash in on this one.

Yeah each level you can cash in massively if you know how to do it.

The game ends at floor 50. The MARP high is over 6 million and no I haven't watched it and don't plan on doing so. My 2.5M is up on MARP as well under RJM. There's no huge bonus for completing the game but as DisQo said if you play each floor the right way there's big points to be had. I just can't remember what I used to know. Some of it's still lurking in the old grey matter though. Just hope the rest comes back to me.

Cheers

Rob

I really hope I can find some time for this one, especially considering it is my nom :-p With the amount of stufff I have got going on at the moment, this MGL is fast becoming a bit of a write off :-(

The way to score points is to clear the whole level with a single snowball push. It's okay if it hits other snowballs (this can be used to clear two paths at the same time) but only one push should be performed. Doing this will cause high scoring tokens of some sort to fall from the top of the level. You don't have to play very far through the game to get a good scoring using this method :) Good luck everyone!

The way to score points is to clear the whole level with a single snowball push. It's okay if it hits other snowballs (this can be used to clear two paths at the same time) but only one push should be performed. Doing this will cause high scoring tokens of some sort to fall from the top of the level. You don't have to play very far through the game to get a good scoring using this method :) Good luck everyone!

I had the figured out - doing it in practice is another thing :lol I'm guessing to score 3Mil+ you'd be doing this on almost every screen :unsure

I had the figured out - doing it in practice is another thing :lol I'm guessing to score 3Mil+ you'd be doing this on almost every screen :unsure

You'd need to do it on a fairly high number of screens plus know in advance which side of the screen the 10k items fall first. Getting the speedup power early is a must. You also don't need the smiley face item to appear. Prevents the 10k items dropping.

I love this game. Haven't played it much since I was a kid though and I think I've gotten much better. Discovered that thing about the big points last night and managed to break half a mil which was pretty satisfying. What happens when you collect all the SNOW letters?

• Administrators
I never saw this in arcades.....after my time. Never really got into since as it almost seems too "modern" for my taste. Of course that is more a statement of my age and "character" than a comment on the game itself :redface