Region: America [Romstar license]
    Flip Screen: Off
    Service Mode: Off
    Difficulty: Normal
    Bonus Life: 100k Only
    Lives: 3
    Invulnerability: Off
    Allow Continue: No

Please note: These default settings are also the same as used by TG.

Game Info

Number of Simultaneous Players: 2
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Joint
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous
    Controls:

Joystick: 8-way (up, down, left, right)
    Buttons: 2 [Jump, Fire]
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Game Introduction

Two snowmen, Nick and Tom, battle cute Japanese critters over 50 platform based screens. Turn the enemy critters into snowballs and then boot them around the platforms knocking down everything in their path. Pick up Sushi for exra points. When a screen is cleared of monsters you move on to the next level.

Shoot snow at monsters to turn them into snowballs. Press the fire button next to a snowball to kick it around the screen. Any monsters hit by a snowball are killed. If another snowball is hit, it too bounces around the screen. Collect potions for power ups.

More detailed information on Snow Bros. and game play can be found here: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=9601

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Snow Bros. comp closes Sunday 7PM July 8th.

Check back here for progress scores..... Good Luck

TG Top 3 Scores

Rank Name Score
    1 Paul McCallon 4,548,790
    2 Martin Bedard 4,006,350
    3 Robert Macauley 2,573,730

Final Standings

Rank
    Name Score
    MGL Points
    1 RMacauley 2,504,150 25
    2 ED_209 1,681,150 20
    3 Taverner 1,400,120 16
    4 kane 1,366,150 13
    5 Spartan 1,317,660 11
    6 nicko71 1,248,400 10
    7 dave_wellington 1,060,170 9
    8 DKong 1,055,870 8
    9 DisQo 967,940 7
    10 Pash 949,910 6
    11 John73 771,480 5
    12 blontic 507,460 4
    13 Foot 435,790 3
    14 Rat 371,980 2
    15 Brad 361,070 1
    16 SectionZ 188,060 0
    Last edited by John73; 8 July 2012, 07:19 PM. Reason: Updated scores to final standings

Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1791095

I am bad at this game......

Comment

Was a big fan of this as a kid, one of the best bubble bobble rip offs imo, actually adding to the game play with snowballing and bosses.

Comment

One I have, might see what I can get on it

Comment

I just finished building my name cab with this game in mind. My all time fav. Last I checked I had the second bottom score on TG but it wasn't submitted.

I'll try it again

Comment

I was just playing this a few weeks ago so I'm already in the groove, I've never cracked the million though yet...

Comment

Fun game. I got hooked on Snow Bros back when I worked at Timezone in the 90's. Got to the point where I could finish it most times and get between 1.8M and 2.1M.

The TG score was from a MAME decathlon in 2007. Honestly I don't think I've played the game since then. Need to remember a few things. Can't see another 2.5M score from me just at the moment.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by RMacauley View Post
                Can't see another 2.5M score from me just at the moment.
                And after hearing this, a huge sigh of relief is heard to come from the MGL crowd

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Originally posted by kane View Post
                I was just playing this a few weeks ago so I'm already in the groove, I've never cracked the million though yet...
                Didn't think my 42K score was going to cut the mustard

This is about the 2nd last game I ever saw at the local fish&chip shop (arcade game in a public place that wasn't an arcade) from memory. Was probably about $1 or 3 for $2 game - too rich for my blood considering how quickly I die playing it.

Comment

Heres mine for now.....

Name:	snow bros top.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1791097
                  Wanting to buy a Momoko 120 PCB!!!

Comment

Had two quick games. Not too bad considering I haven't played this for five years but there's a lot I don't remember.

Made it to floor 35. Trust me the floor 40 bosses and the last 10 screens can be a real pain in the arse.

Cheers

Rob
                    Attached Files

Comment

Love this game, my board has started to have graphical faults though

wait, am I even allowed to enter with a PCB score ?

Comment

Out the way John73, 2nd last in mine.

Name:	360100.png
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1791099
                        sigpic

Comment

Wow! A lot of scores for the first night of a game, this game must have made some decent cash BITD.

Some massive scores already - how about Rob or dave_wellington setting up a live stream at some stage and schooling in how to play this one

Interesting to hear that this game has an end point which Rob has made and he is 2Mil off the pace. Must be some stages where you can really cash in on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                            Wow! A lot of scores for the first night of a game, this game must have made some decent cash BITD.

Some massive scores already - how about Rob or dave_wellington setting up a live stream at some stage and schooling in how to play this one

Interesting to hear that this game has an end point which Rob has made and he is 2Mil off the pace. Must be some stages where you can really cash in on this one.
                            Yeah each level you can cash in massively if you know how to do it.
                            Wanting to buy a Momoko 120 PCB!!!

Comment

The game ends at floor 50. The MARP high is over 6 million and no I haven't watched it and don't plan on doing so. My 2.5M is up on MARP as well under RJM. There's no huge bonus for completing the game but as DisQo said if you play each floor the right way there's big points to be had. I just can't remember what I used to know. Some of it's still lurking in the old grey matter though. Just hope the rest comes back to me.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X