MGL 15 call for ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kane,

I have updated post #53 with your correct trophies.
    Could you please save the file to your signature and see if it is has a transparent background?

All good!

MGLXLIII - Arcade Firepower - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...cade-firepower

Comment

Testing, testing 123. Yeah, looks OK, thanks for your efforts OOO!!!

Comment

Looks like we are not opening up the design to a comp or vote as OOO has it in hand, oh well I don't mind I do find it strange that you have some much time and enthusiasm for a comp you don't even play in?
        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
          Looks like we are not opening up the design to a comp or vote as OOO has it in hand, oh well I don't mind I do find it strange that you have some much time and enthusiasm for a comp you don't even play in?
          Good point.

I think the MGL is a great tourney to play in and the AA members make it fun, but as I mentioned in a post before, I don't have much spare playing time with work, family and the games I am concentrating on. The posts make a great read too!

Enthusiasm for the trophies ........
          I am very interested in the artwork and times of the arcade golden years.
          When I read this thread and saw you were thinking about the virtual trophies, I thought I'd love to offer you some professional classic designs in the theme of the MGL.
          Again, if you guys did not want to use them, no problem.
          I enjoyed making them and how they turned out.

I spent about 8 hours planning, designing and testing the trophies, in all 8 designs with 3 variations each for a total of 24.
          Then an additional 7 designs for the multiple trophy holders.

And I wanted people to enjoy the tourney, get recognition for their achievements, plus I wanted to provide part of the fun, so there you go ..........

Congrats Rat on your Championship win in MGLXI, I hope you enjoy the Sinistar on your trophy!

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Originally posted by kane View Post
          Testing, testing 123. Yeah, looks OK, thanks for your efforts OOO!!!
          Looks great and goes with your famous Avatar just nicely!

MGLXLIII - Arcade Firepower - on now!

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/a...cade-firepower

Comment

These look great OOO.

But this IMO by no means a closed suggestion. If anyone feels they can provide something better, then go for it

Comment

SETTINGS FOR MGL XV

Okay, looks like everyone who wanted to have a say, has.

So going with what the majority want - and tell me if you think I'm wrong, we'll be playing MGL XV under the following:

1. 8 Games
              2. 2 Game overlapping format as per the last two MGL's
              3. We'll go back to MAME Default DIPs. This was a close one and I'm sure it will debated more for the next MGL. All I can suggest is that those that want to play with TG DIPs may do... unless the TG settings are easier - which is generally not the case.
              4. 5 Nominations.

I'll start the nomination thread later tonight. Two weeks to nominate and we'll kick off at 7pm AEST on 17/6

Comment

I like the trophy designs, but still too big for my liking, I will shrink mine down. I don't really mind not seeing what MGL they were achieved in, I think the placing is the important thing.

OOO thank you for your efforts to ad some bling to the MGL. I agree with Rat, you obviously have passion and history in the arcade scene, so you should play in the MGL. Doesn't take much time to try out the game and submit some scores.. but anyway, your contribution is appreciated

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X