Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL14 Game 12 FINAL GAME - MR DO! [Week 2]

BRAD sees us out of MGL 14 with his choice of the classic arcade game Mr Do!

http://i40.tinypic.com/vnz811.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/21mcabl.jpghttp://i39.tinypic.com/fk4cn6.png

MAME DIP SWITCH SETTINGS and ROM NAME

(make sure your machine is set to these settings)

ROMSet: MrDo

Difficulty: Medium

Rack Test [Cheat]: Off

Special: Easy

Extra: Easy

Cabinet: Upright

Lives: 3

Special Rules: None

Incidental GaGa

Manufacturer: Universal

Year: 1982

Type: Videogame

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Labyrinth/Maze

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Universal

Game Specific: Mr. Do! Pinout

Settings: Mr. Do! Dipswitch Settings

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)

Buttons: 1 [Magic Ball]

Sound: Unamplified Mono (requires one-channel amp)

Cabinet Styles:

Upright/Standard

Game Description:

You are a clown who moves around a maze. You can dig new paths to avoid monsters and collect cherries. Kill monsters with a 'powerball' or drop apples on them. Kill them all or eat all the cherries to go up a level.

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of a message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, but please post a new message for each new score.

Mr Do! comp closes Sunday 7PM April 8th

Get doin your Do!

Scores

RMacauley: 232,750

Brad: 196,400

Monojoker: 191,150

Rat: 186,350

Foot: 160,600

Pelly: 155,400

ED_209: 144,600

Azathoth: 132,150

DKong: 130,900

Nicko71: 123,000

Kane: 115,350

John73: 78,650

Edited by Jed
updating scores

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators
LOl I just said to wingtip, 4th mgl, and the very first time a nom of mine has come up. I also said WTF was I thinking nominating Mr Do. I bloody well hate this game LOL I was hoping for Grobda or Dig Dug =(

0001.png.8cc886d43ecc7c7a614f93d3f6e29ad0.png

Go this a few days ago, but nothing better since.

The demo screen shows Mr Do. getting a diamond, haven't seen a diamond yet, maybe I need to spell out the word Extra first? :unsure Haven't got more than 2 letters in a game yet though :lol

Anyone looking for podium on TG?

1 6,282,550 Tim Hood Feb 08 2005

2 4,667,850 Jordan Yin Feb 08 2005

3 2,960,150 Kurt Lang Feb 08 2005

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36452[/ATTACH]

Go this a few days ago, but nothing better since.

The demo screen shows Mr Do. getting a diamond, haven't seen a diamond yet, maybe I need to spell out the word Extra first? :unsure Haven't got more than 2 letters in a game yet though :lol

Anyone looking for podium on TG?

1 6,282,550 Tim Hood Feb 08 2005

2 4,667,850 Jordan Yin Feb 08 2005

3 2,960,150 Kurt Lang Feb 08 2005

EXTRA will give you an extra man, should be able to get one by round 3 or 4 quite easily.

The diamond is a free game and will end that screen, better to hang around and gather the points on the screen.

Hint: a letter will come out every 5000 points reached;)

You also get 8000 pts for the diamond but I agree -doesn't seem worth picking up if there's still stuff you can get more points from on the level. Grouping the enemies and squishing them together seems to give some decent points. Gets really difficult to keep getting the EXTRA letters as the game gets harder but it's not too dificult to get 2 letters on each of the first levels. When you spell extra it plays the theme song to Astro Boy for some strange reason. :blink: Random. Edited by ED_209

• Super Moderator

I had a quick game last night and on both the 1st and second patterns I squashed the lot of them with one rock!

Didn't mean to do it but it was funny after the second time :D

I've completely forgotten how to play this game, remembered my level 1 pattern after a while but that's it. After many more games I came to the realisation that the only thing I had forgotten was that I never could play this game, and still can't <_<

If someone has missed the entire tournament are they still eligible to submit a score for this one? It's an excuse to play one of my favourite games from back in the day - and justify the annoying theme music to the wife ;) For me the key is to try and get 2 letters on every level, especially early on. You really need those extra Dos on the later levels to get a good score. And DKong has given the key tip - a letter comes out every 5000 points so make sure if your score is about to hit a 5000 point level that the letter selected is not one you already have - it's worth hesitating for a short instant to do so. Same thing when you grab the middle (bonus) food - you want to wait (if you can) until a letter you need is highlighted (notice the letter selector dude moves much quicker past letters you've already got). Always try to get the middle food when you only have a couple of red baddies remaining because once you defeat the letter dude they really speed up and get nasty. Enjoy, the game is really addictive once you get into it :)

If someone has missed the entire tournament are they still eligible to submit a score for this one? It's an excuse to play one of my favourite games from back in the day - and justify the annoying theme music to the wife ;) For me the key is to try and get 2 letters on every level, especially early on. You really need those extra Dos on the later levels to get a good score. And DKong has given the key tip - a letter comes out every 5000 points so make sure if your score is about to hit a 5000 point level that the letter selected is not one you already have - it's worth hesitating for a short instant to do so. Same thing when you grab the middle (bonus) food - you want to wait (if you can) until a letter you need is highlighted (notice the letter selector dude moves much quicker past letters you've already got). Always try to get the middle food when you only have a couple of red baddies remaining because once you defeat the letter dude they really speed up and get nasty. Enjoy, the game is really addictive once you get into it :)

Great summary and tips :)

Finally worked out that you can stand beside an apple and wait for more penguins (or whatever they are) and then push it on top of them all at once :lol Still hasn't improved my score though, stuck on 66K :(

Bloody enemies run too fast and stupid clown runs too slow :realmad:

It's those big floppy shoes ;)

That's what I was thinking :lol But the stupid twit learnt to run fast in Mr. Do's Wild Ride.... he doesn't run from penguins, but put a roller coaster car in front of him and that puts a rocket up his arse