Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL14 Game 7 - Uniwar S [COMPLETED]

RAT screams enough mazes and platforming already, lets get back to schmupping with

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/uniwar-s-tourn.jpg

lol couldn't find a cab pic anywhere.

MAME DIP SWITCH SETTINGS and ROM NAME

(make sure your machine is set to these settings)

ROMSet: UniwarS

Cabinet: Upright

Service Mode: Off

Bonus Life: 4000

Lives: 3

Unused: Off

Special Rules: None

Tech Blah:

Manufacturer: Irem

Year: 1980

Type: Videogame

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Space

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: unique

Game Specific: UniWar S Pinout

Settings: UniWar S Dipswitch Settings

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player

Controls:

Joystick: 2-way (left, right)

Buttons: 1 [Fire]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Cabinet Styles:

Upright/Standard

Game description:

This is a four-stage space shoot-em-up game. Stage one is a familiar Galaxians-type scenario, with your ship facing off against a formation of super mosquito aliens that break off and dive at you. Completing this stage warps you to stages two through four, where your ship is positioned an inch or two above the bottom of a screen, just above a dotted blue line. This line serves no purpose during stage two's "hovering attackers", but during stages three and four "flying bones" and "rolling fire", the enemies drop Stick Aliens that look like little space soldiers. The Stick Aliens try to get behind the dotted line, where they patrol back and forth underneath your ship, trying to spear you from behind. The only way to get rid of them is to shoot the Killer King which randomly appears during the stage. Completing these three levels warps you back into space, to start the cycle over again.

More info if you want it @ http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10268

TG Top 3

1 21,890 Paul Kearns Dec 09 2010 INP 0

2 20,990 Sami Virtanen Aug 10 2009 INP 900

3 20,600 George Falomir May 24 2009 INP 1,290

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of a message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, but please post a new message for each new score.

Uniwar S comp closes Sunday 7PM March 4th

GOOD LUCK!

PROGRESS SCORES:

Brad: 37,010

RMacauley: 35,650

Pelly: 32,210

ED209: 28,920

Rat: 25,870

Jammasized: 19,860

John73: 15,930

Fire_Power: 13,990

kane: 13,030

azathoth: 11,510

Dkong: 10,390

nicko71: 10,230

Hollo: 8,730

Wongtiplatex: 4,470

Edited by Jed

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got to admit that I like this game. The pub my parents drank at from 79 to 82 in Melbourne (Summerhill Hotel on Plenty road) had a Ghostmuncher/Uniwars cocktail. It replaced Frogger. That pub had a lot of great early 80's pins and vids. Having said that I'm not great at it these days though I said similar about GnG.

Oh no! It is Radar Scope all over again! :P

Yep this one, like Radar Scope is a cracker of a game. Great selection Rat. Turtles, followed by Uniwars - we are in MGL heaven!

I remember playing it in the arcade with my mate and without fail, everytime the "Oh Warp" screen came up we would look at each other and parrot the phrase "Oh Warp" and then laugh like hyenas. When I built my Mame cab I couldn't remember the name of the game so searched for a fair while to find it. Mate and I still play, recite the phrase and laugh 20 years on.

Yep this one, like Radar Scope is a cracker of a game. Great selection Rat. Turtles, followed by Uniwars - we are in MGL heaven!

I remember playing it in the arcade with my mate and without fail, everytime the "Oh Warp" screen came up we would look at each other and parrot the phrase "Oh Warp" and then laugh like hyenas. When I built my Mame cab I couldn't remember the name of the game so searched for a fair while to find it. Mate and I still play, recite the phrase and laugh 20 years on.

:lol That is brilliant, for me that's what the MGL/Mame does so well, relive those kind of memories. Nice One.

Not got any further today after another 20 or so games. The sprite detection when the ship is underneath you and trying to shove a spike up your arse is absolute terrible in this game :realmad: Apart from that, it seems like fun so far, if a little frustrating at times.

Got this score this morning but was hoping to improve on it during the day. Real life got in the way a bit and the two other times I broke 16K the final scores were lower. So 16,650 it is for now.

Nice score.

Real life is what is holding me back in the MGL (more than it is holding you back apparently) :lol

Really need to win the lottery so that I can retire and concentrate on the more important things in life :cool:

Those TG scores are low... had a few games, I'd say more than a few MGL'ers will surpass all the top 3 TG scores by the end of the fortnight.

This game is really derivitive, moonaxian is a good name. even the sound of the shot is from space invaders. Luckily it doesn't stop it from being pretty fun to play, I don't mind this at all.

I'm not sure I noticed it getting that much harder even from the 4th round through ??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34455[/ATTACH]

Was pretty happy with that considering only played it a few times. Not that hard once you get used to the patterns, although it is very boring... Lost count of which pattern I was on.. 5 I think..?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34539[/ATTACH]