• Mgl14: Game 1 - time pilot [COMPLETED]

Lock and Load! MGL14 kicks off with John73's nomination:

ROM NAME: Timeplt.zip

DIP SWITCHES:

Lives: 3
    Difficulty: 3
    Bonus: 10000 50000
    (TG Marathon Settings)
    Special Rules: Parachute hunting is allowed.

Manufacturer: Centuri
    Year: 1982
    Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Single Player Controls:
    • Joystick: 8-way
    • Buttons: 1 [Fire]

GAME DESCRIPTION

The player's single jet fighter placed in the center of the screen shoots down waves of WWI Biplanes, WWII era fighters, 1970's era helicopters, 1980's era jets, and futuristic UFOs while trying to rescue fellow pilots and avoid bombs, missiles, and other enemy fire. More info if you want it @ http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...?game_id=10119 To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score. Time Pilot comp closes Sunday 7PM January 22nd. TOP 3 Twin Galaxies Scores: (marathon settings)

1 1,795,700 Christoff Bemis Nov 12 2010 INP 0
    2 1,515,800 Renzo Vignola Feb 08 2005 INP 279,900
    3 1,156,400 Mike Ashley Apr 29 2010 INP 639,300

GOOD LUCK!

Progress Scores:

RMacauley: 793,600

Spartan: 744,900
    Pelly: 729,400
    ED_209: 591,300
    L33AL: 583,900
    Brad: 487,100
    DKong: 486,500
    Kane: 449,400
    Jammasized: 342,700
    Wingtipvortex: 337,000
    John73: 332,400
    Woody: 327,700
    Foot: 325, 600
    Rat: 322,200
    Hollo 263,700
    John73: 251,500
    Azathoth: 248,400
    Gameroom: 188,300
    Knight76: 186,800
    Nicko71: 181,400
    Last edited by Jed; 22 January 2012, 06:07 PM.

Wooohoooo one of my picks I needed an excuse to practice this one, I'm sure there are a lot of AAers who will whip me on this one.

Game on everyone.

Comment

Here's my starting game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	time0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	1788277

Comment

Dun dun dun Der Der Der....dar Dar Dar
        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

I just played half an hour of this and am developing MGL blister - should have started training! Haven't played much since the last MGL.
          Looks a good game, have only got 70k so far and made it to 1970 once - more practice needed for me.

Comment

You've never played Time Pilot before?
            My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Another MGL and yet another game I have never played! Will go give it a bash now!

Comment

Im stunned that you lads have not played Time Pilot?? I consider it a classic gaming staple.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  You've never played Time Pilot before?
                  I guess it depends on your age and at what stage of your teens (normally) that you frequented the arcades There were a lot of games in the last MGL that I had never heard of or played.

The story behind the development of this game is also interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Pilot#Development - A classic game that almost never was.

Comment

I think I recall playing Brad in a drunken stupor one night and getting my butt kicked

Time to Velcro the controller to the bench
                    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

I was pretty pleased when #64 spun up, one of the landmark early 80's shooters this one. Reckon there will be some pretty tough competition on this title.

Comment

at least i have genuine pcb and control panels for this one! whoo hoo!
                        although my average is about john73's score

better start practricing then!
                        HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Comment

Originally posted by andykmv View Post
                          at least i have genuine pcb and control panels for this one! whoo hoo!
                          althouh my averae is about john73's score
                          Make sure you have your DIP's set on the board correctly

I think when I played this in my teens that the DIPs must have been set on easy.... Crank it up to the hardest level and the game really does kick your arse rather quickly

We are playing Marathon DIPs (3 Difficulty) - Just looked at the Tournament DIPs on TG and it says:

ROMSet: TimePlt
                          Lives: 3
                          Cabinet: Upright
                          Difficulty: 3
                          Bonus: 20000 60000
                          Difficulty: 8 [Hardest]
                          What is it 3 or 8? Will have to post a question on the TG forums and get them to fix this.

Comment

Surely it must be 3, 8 is crazy!
                            "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
                              Surely it must be 3, 8 is crazy!
                              The high score for the Tournament is well over the Marathon (3) score, so I'm guessing it's 3 also. I've posted a question on TG, hopefully a ref will clarify and fix the settings.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X