Number of Simultaneous Players: 1
    Maximum number of Players: 2
    Gameplay: Alternating
    Control Panel Layout: Single Player
    Controls:
    Joystick: 8-way
    Buttons: 2 [FireShield Detach]

R-Type II Description

One of the first great side-scrolling shooters. Fly through tunnels, shooting organic and metallic aliens with a boss at the end of each level. Cool power-ups, including a detachable floating gun/shield combo.

Irem, the R-Type II maker, released 83 machines in our database under this trade name, starting in 1979.

Other machines made by Irem during the time period R-Type II was produced include Kengo, Dragon Breed, Legend Of Hero Tonma, X Multiply, Major Title, Meikyuu Shima, Vigilante, Saigo No Nindou, Tsukikage (The Legend Of The White Wolf), and Ninja Spirit.

More info: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=9220

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score.

GOOD LUCK!

Spartan: 290,800
    Pelly: 251,000
    ED_209: 241,500

Kane: 184,200
    Dkong: 174,200
    Brad: 107,900
    Rat: 106,800
    Azathoth: 102,300
    John73: 100,800
    Foot: 78,100
    Fire_Power: 44,800
    Last edited by Jed; 6th September 2011, 09:21 PM.

I don't mind a game or two of R-Type from time to time, R-Type 2 seems about the same, quite tricky later on though.

Comment

Never played this. 1989 was a bit after my "arcade years", though I'm sure I played R-Type on the Amiga (and sucked badly at it)

Had a very quick game, the score was not even worth posting

Looks like the weapon upgrades might be Terra Cresta-ish.

Will give this a bit of a go tomorrow. From my memory of the Amiga version, this is one of those never ending games - no rest of the hands as the level goes on... and on... and on...

Comment

Awesome, got one of my noms selected!! Thought I better post a score then to kick it off. Bloody tough game though, you are spot on Kane, once you got onto the 3rd level it gets a bit crazy :-/
        Would love to beat my PB for this one (which isn't much higher than this score), so hopefully some of the AA talent here can spur me on to take it up a notch!

Comment

I only ever played R-Type on my Amiga. Not my cup of tea but surely better than Radarscope sorry Fire_Power

Brad
          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
            I only ever played R-Type on my Amiga. Not my cup of tea but surely better than Radarscope sorry Fire_Power

Brad
            Stop picking on Fire_Power

Surely we can all agree that Crush Roller has been the suckiest of all games so far

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post

Surely we can all agree that Crush Roller has been the suckiest of all games so far
              Not by a long shot, Radar Scope was voted by my kids as most likely to appear in FML
              "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

I know i posted it, but i just read it........." One of the first great side-scrolling shooters " This game was 1989. What about Scramble? I thought that was the coolest game ever......or am i just getting old

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                  I know i posted it, but i just read it........." One of the first great side-scrolling shooters " This game was 1989. What about Scramble? I thought that was the coolest game ever......or am i just getting old
                  Yeah that line about side scrolling shooters is a laff. Scramble beat it by about 7 years and must be one of the greatest/biggest impact side scrollers ever. So addictive, and used sound really well. That constant low pulsing fx...only scramble! But yes, you are getting old, join the club

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1786454

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0002.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1786455

Made it to the boss on the first level I think Gotta work out how to kill it now

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post

Thanks John - I agree! Stop picking on me. However I quite like Crush Roller also

Comment

I love Crush Roller. It's a game I've always regularly played on my cabs over the years

Brad
                          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Got past boss 1

Just checking... there was comment about using save states etc. to practice being a no no - are we allowed to use continues to practice? Couldn't be arsed going back to find the answer - no idea which of the games this was mentioned in

-----

Went and found the answer, it is okay... Thank god. Getting sick of getting all the way through level 1 only to get nailed within 10 secs on level 2

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...inished/page10

Comment

Score Update.

Might hit up Lady Bug for a couple of days now and try and crack 100k

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X