X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL13 Game 5: DONKEY KONG JR [FINISHED]

AZATHOTH turns the tables on Mario with his nomination,

Donkey Kong Junior Description

The player controls a small monkey who must leap from platforms, climb vines, and avoid enemies to rescue Donkey Kong from Mario. The game has several distinct levels with similar goals. Fruit can be dropped on enemies leg traps and birds to kill them.

For more info, visit http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=7612

ROM NAME: dkongjr.zip
    DIP SWITCHES:

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the subject line of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score.

Donkey Kong JR comp closes 7PM July 24th.

GOOD LUCK!

LEADERBOARD:

kane: 171,700
    Spartan: 115,000
    Pelly: 99,600
    Brad: 85,500
    Pajammasized: 67,300
    Wangtitlatex: 62,100
    Rat: 44,700
    DKong: 40,500
    Foot: 33,200
    Mikie: 29,100
    Azathoth: 22,600
    John73: 13,100
    Last edited by Jed; 24th July 2011, 05:05 PM.

Damm, if only it was normal DK Never got into this one.. another new game to learn!

No rest for the wicked!

Comment

I had a few games of this a few months ago, and I completely and utterly suck at it

I'll try and fire it up in a sec and post my starting score shortly. I don't expect to finish in the top 5 of this one

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1786011

There is my starting score. Catch me if you can anyone

I have zero idea what i'm doing in this game

Comment

Name:	0001.png
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	1786012

Made it through screen 1. DK which I suck at - is dead easy compared to DK Jr

Hey Jamma, any chance at doing a leaderboard update in the next min or two? I wanna be the current champ

Comment

Never played this in the arcade. Did play it on my Atari 800xl. It's been a long time since then and cant seem to remember the patterns apart from the first one and the key pattern. Anyway, heres my effort after my first few games. Have made it past the rope pattern second time around. Keep dying on the next pattern.

I predict that the existing MGL record (about 40k) will fall again over the next few days

Score:21000

Name:	0000.png
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	1786013
            sigpic

Comment

I have a DKJR cab here at home so I'm pretty well practiced, but I just can't handle the level 4+ difficulty for any length of time. My cab has the bootleg romset though which is a tad easier than this brutal US set.

Comment

cool
                Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                DSB Electrical Facebook
                VAPS
                Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

Never played this one. Classic game though and some big scores to contend with - MAME record on TG is 1,161,100 - arcade is 1,307,500 (with Billy Mitchell and Steve Wiebe in the top 3) Any chance of joining their ranks Kane? Is your cab legit for an arcade score?

Think I might try my luck at this and skip Bomb Jack. Don't reckon I've got what it takes to compete with you guys there.

Comment

Originally posted by ED_209 View Post
                    Any chance of joining their ranks Kane?
                    No.

Originally posted by ED_209 View Post
                    Is your cab legit for an arcade score?
                    My cab is just an aussie junker frankencab cocktail with a bootleg DKJR board, nothing even remotely legit.

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                      No.

My cab is just an aussie junker frankencab cocktail with a bootleg DKJR board, nothing even remotely legit.
                      Based on previous MGL Nintendo nominations from Kane I think he may well be the man to beat on this one Though so far, MGL rookies have been making their presence felt this tourney in a big way, which is great to see

Comment

Rookie about sums it up when it comes to this game for me :-/ Here is my first feeble attempt...

I think once i get the hang of how low birds are going to drop when they turn then it will make life a lot easier... Also I know it is early days, but how the hell do you get a big jump off the spring?

Comment

still havent made it to that electric stage !

Comment

Originally posted by Pelly View Post
                            Rookie about sums it up when it comes to this game for me :-/ Here is my first feeble attempt...

I think once i get the hang of how low birds are going to drop when they turn then it will make life a lot easier... Also I know it is early days, but how the hell do you get a big jump off the spring?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26119[/ATTACH]

Its all about timing, hit the jump button again when spring is at its lowest.

My 2nd day effort below - 31,700. 2nd key/lock stage is a nightmare. Birds fly right to the bottom.

Name:	31700.png
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1786022
                            sigpic

Comment

Finally made it to level 2

Name:	0003.png
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1786024

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X