X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL13 Game 4: BOMB JACK [FINISHED]

DKONG explodes into MGL13 with his nomination,

Bomb Jack Description

A platform game where the object is to flap and glide all over the screen collecting bombs. Extra bonuses are awarded for collecting bombs with their fuses lit. Collect all the bombs to complete a screen. Only one bomb at a time has a lit fuse. Collect 20 or more of these lit bombs on a level for a bonus 10k to 50k.

Arcade Museum Entry: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=7180

ROM AND DIP SWITCHES:

Rom: bombjack.zip (set 1)

Dip Switches: (press TAB in Mame, copy the below, then select 'reset game')

To qualify for MGL points you will need to post in this thread, stating your score in the subject line of your message, and include a screenshot. Submit as many score updates as you like, but please post a new message for each new score.

Bomb Jack comp closes 7pm Sunday July 17th.

GOOD LUCK!

LEADERBOARD:

Ramere: 1,445,020
    Rat: 1,346,390
    Dkong: 1,232,230
    Wingtipvortex: 1,174,200
    John73: 937,750
    Brad: 788,590
    SectionZ: 654,390
    spartan: 511,500
    kane: 504,000
    Foot: 451,700
    Pelly: 437,410
    Jammasized: 337,720
    azathoth:52,710
    andykmv: 20,040
    dezbaz: 4980
    Last edited by Jed; 17th July 2011, 05:06 PM.

Bombjack is a favorite of mine

Can't remember what my best score ever was, but it's nowhere close to the current MGL score from Ramere

Bomb Jack (set 1) Ramere 2,357,960

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
      Bomb Jack (set 1) Ramere 2,357,960

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

There are some serious Bombjack masters around here from what I remember. I'm not one of them...

Comment

He's been absent so far from this mgl, but maybe this will bring him back

Come think of it, i'm pretty sure this was someone else's nomination..

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
            He's been absent so far from this mgl, but maybe this will bring him back

Come think of it, i'm pretty sure this was someone else's nomination..
            You're right, it was Dkong who nominated this one.

Had a couple of games already, but the scores are just too pitiful to even post at this stage. Just can not get my figures working tonight and my desktop PC keyboard is doing some real funky things too

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0000.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1785889

Here's my starting score. Just can not get the hang of it tonight

Comment

Oh man, here we go again!!! Still have remnants of the RSI I developed getting that score, have hardly touched the game sine, about 30 hours of playing in one week & I was Bombed, can't be Jacked putting in another effort like that

Comment

im sure theres some great players of bombjack.... alas it isnt me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                  rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
                  if your new to electronics and

Comment

Originally posted by @lien_Zed View Post

im sure theres some great players of bombjack.... alas it isnt me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                    This was played in MGL X. For the record, here are the people to look out for (all of whom have way better high scores than me)

1. Ramere 2,357,960
                    25 points

2. wingtipvortex 2,011,370
                    20 points

3. Rat 1,844,430
                    16 points

4. DKong 1,134,810
                    13 points

5. SectionZ 933,690
                    11 points

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Originally posted by Ramere View Post
                    Oh man, here we go again!!! Still have remnants of the RSI I developed getting that score, have hardly touched the game sine, about 30 hours of playing in one week & I was Bombed, can't be Jacked putting in another effort like that
                    You could probably play one or two games an be assured that you will be top 3 I was actually hoping your internet might be down for the next two weeks and not noticed that this game was nominated

Comment

Quick couple of games, played like an amateur Been a long time since i fired this up though. Thought this would bring you out of the woodwork Ramere

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                        Quick couple of games, played like an amateur
                        Yeah, real amateur score that one

This game was the first arcade game I remember looking at the graphics and saying "holy shit" The quality of the backdrops blew me away

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          yep

Originally posted by kane View Post
                          There are some serious Bombjack masters around here from what I remember. I'm not one of them...
                          yep yep

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                          Quick couple of games, played like an amateur Been a long time since i fired this up though. Thought this would bring you out of the woodwork Ramere
                          Holy Crap, wayyyyyy back in MGL 3 or something I think I got 260K

Still it's better than Wardner
                          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

I'm done with this for tonight. I'll give it a bash in the morning when my brain is fresh I'm sure my best score is around 600-800K

Been at least 20 years since I played this on a real machine, I'm sure it's easier on a cab than it is on a keyboard like most games.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	1785890

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post

I'm sure it's easier on a cab than it is on a keyboard like most games.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25792[/ATTACH]
                              My big scores are done on the keys man This 800K score was a joystick effort.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X