Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL13 Game 4: BOMB JACK [FINISHED]

DKONG explodes into MGL13 with his nomination,

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/bombjack-tourn.jpg

Bomb Jack Description

A platform game where the object is to flap and glide all over the screen collecting bombs. Extra bonuses are awarded for collecting bombs with their fuses lit. Collect all the bombs to complete a screen. Only one bomb at a time has a lit fuse. Collect 20 or more of these lit bombs on a level for a bonus 10k to 50k.

Arcade Museum Entry: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7180

ROM AND DIP SWITCHES:

Rom: bombjack.zip (set 1)

Dip Switches: (press TAB in Mame, copy the below, then select 'reset game')

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/bombjack-dips.gif

To qualify for MGL points you will need to post in this thread, stating your score in the subject line of your message, and include a screenshot. Submit as many score updates as you like, but please post a new message for each new score.

Bomb Jack comp closes 7pm Sunday July 17th.

GOOD LUCK!

LEADERBOARD:

Ramere: 1,445,020

Rat: 1,346,390

Dkong: 1,232,230

Wingtipvortex: 1,174,200

John73: 937,750

Brad: 788,590

SectionZ: 654,390

spartan: 511,500

kane: 504,000

Foot: 451,700

Pelly: 437,410

Jammasized: 337,720

azathoth:52,710

andykmv: 20,040

dezbaz: 4980

Edited by Jed

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's been absent so far from this mgl, but maybe this will bring him back :)

Come think of it, i'm pretty sure this was someone else's nomination..

You're right, it was Dkong who nominated this one.

Had a couple of games already, but the scores are just too pitiful to even post at this stage. Just can not get my figures working tonight and my desktop PC keyboard is doing some real funky things too :cry

Oh man, here we go again!!! Still have remnants of the RSI I developed getting that score, have hardly touched the game sine, about 30 hours of playing in one week & I was Bombed, can't be Jacked putting in another effort like that :laugh:

im sure theres some great players of bombjack.... alas it isnt me

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2990/0000zq.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This was played in MGL X. For the record, here are the people to look out for (all of whom have way better high scores than me) :laugh:

1. Ramere 2,357,960

25 points

2. wingtipvortex 2,011,370

20 points

3. Rat 1,844,430

16 points

4. DKong 1,134,810

13 points

5. SectionZ 933,690

11 points

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Oh man, here we go again!!! Still have remnants of the RSI I developed getting that score, have hardly touched the game sine, about 30 hours of playing in one week & I was Bombed, can't be Jacked putting in another effort like that :laugh:

You could probably play one or two games an be assured that you will be top 3 :laugh: I was actually hoping your internet might be down for the next two weeks and not noticed that this game was nominated :lol

Quick couple of games, played like an amateur:(

Yeah, real amateur score that one :p

This game was the first arcade game I remember looking at the graphics and saying "holy shit" :cool: The quality of the backdrops blew me away :cool:

• Super Moderator
:o:cry
yep

There are some serious Bombjack masters around here from what I remember. I'm not one of them... :cry
yep yep

Quick couple of games, played like an amateur:( Been a long time since i fired this up though. Thought this would bring you out of the woodwork Ramere:lol

http://i56.tinypic.com/311sw9z.png

Holy Crap, wayyyyyy back in MGL 3 or something I think I got 260K

Still it's better than Wardner :lol

I'm done with this for tonight. I'll give it a bash in the morning when my brain is fresh :) I'm sure my best score is around 600-800K

Been at least 20 years since I played this on a real machine, I'm sure it's easier on a cab than it is on a keyboard like most games.

0001.png.f25460edf5b226a53adebd676da7b1fa.png

My big scores are done on the keys man:cool: This 800K score was a joystick effort.

That's interesting. There is a stage where I seem to remember being able to get all three bombs going right at the start (level 4?) by hitting the button and hovering, but I can't do it on the keyboard :confused:

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g475/jammasized/bombjack-dips.gif

Those DIPs settings aren't matching mine, I don't have a 10,000 "Initial High Score", I have "Bonus Life" instead, what's the setting for that?

Getting to a million is relatively easy if you work out the bomb sequence. The next million is the hard yards:o

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Those DIPs settings aren't matching mine, I don't have a 10,000 "Initial High Score", I have "Bonus Life" instead, what's the setting for that?

Set bonus life to none. Extra men are achieved with the special coin settings.

Getting to a million is relatively easy if you work out the bomb sequence. The next million is the hard yards:o

Thanks Gordon Gekko. :laugh: I haven't played this since the arcades, easily 25 years ago, and even then I barely touched it. Always knew I was going to have to learn this game one day...

Is this an 8 way ? I didn't realise there was a second button on terra cresta till after 6 tonight. :redface Took a break to grab a cuppa - came back to see the game in attract mode showing me sights that genuinely had me going wtf?!! *facepalm

Edited by shabu

Wow, probably one of my worst arcade games is Bombjack.

It just annoyed the shit out of me at the arcades with it's nice bright colours and short (for me) game times.

I quickly learned my 20c was better served elsewhere.

Never played this one before either! :P But after a few goes last night I could only muster around 35k . I think it is time do do some research and learn the techniques :) Still I will spend most of my time this week on Jungle King.. determined to take that one out!