Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL13 Game 2: TERRA CRESTA [FINISHED]

GAMEROOM shoots first and asks questions later in:

http://i54.tinypic.com/sv5nck.gif

ROM NAME: terracre.zip (ym3526 set 1)

DIP SWITCH SETTINGS:

Lives: 3

Bonus lives: 20k then every 60k

Difficulty: Easy

Terra Cresta Description

The player controls a ship, initially with limited firepower. Numbered pods appear containing further parts of the ship that will increase firepower. These additional parts combine with the player's ship to increase its firepower, and the final module transforms it into a fiery phoenix which is invulnerable for a certain period of time. Once the ship has multiple sections, the player may also split it, allowing it to fire in multiple directions.

For more info, visit http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10077

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the body of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score.

Terra Cresta comp closes 7PM July 3rd.

LEADERBOARD:

Brad: 768,100

DKong: 273,100

Spartan: 223,500

Mr_Staypuft: 159,300

Gameroom: 143,900

Rat: 122,800

Jammasized: 119,100

Knight76: 118,70

Pelly: 110,800

John73: 109,800

Foot: 98,900

azathoth: 92,200

kane: 77,500

shabu: 77,400

Wingtipvortex: 61,000

SectionZ: 56,000

Fire_Power: 52,700

@lien_Zed: 36,200

dezbaz: 25,000

Andykmv: 16,000

Edited by Jed

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another game I've near seen or played before :) Got 27000 on my first game and lasted a lot longer than I did in any game of Crush Roller :lol

Won't post a pic yet, might have another game or two tonight and possibly post a starting score for myself :)

-------------------

Here is my 4th game - 36400

0001.png.fa29f2f7215ea18040c14f4f484059a8.png

Hmm, 217,600 AA high score.

I think I may need reconstructive surgery on my fingers and wrist muscles before I get near that.

:lol

I still don't have my cabinet finished and was just thinking the same thing. Gave me a sore hand after about 20 mins of playing :D

Shit I just read the first half of that and thought that was a huge early score post.......but yes even as an AA record that seems good. I just had a quick couple of plays and got 77k....should crack 100k tomorrow.

real hard on a laptop kb. i WAS gunna say a good first practice but then rat blew me away:lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25326[/ATTACH]

I'm on a laptop too, it's not making it any easier is it :D I might try on my desktop PC tomorrow night. But I reckon I can easily get a lot more on the laptop with a bit more practice :cool:

I'm on a laptop too, it's not making it any easier is it :D I might try on my desktop PC tomorrow night. But I reckon I can easily get a lot more on the laptop with a bit more practice :cool:

I used to be disadvantaged by the keyboard on some games too, get into to Target and grab a Pro Gamer joystick for 29 bucks.....best thing i ever did:) USB wireless.

Date check?

Yep - due to close 7pm 26th I believe - lets not give more time for others to overtake me - I'm already down in about 10th place and going further down the leaderboard :lol

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I used to be disadvantaged by the keyboard on some games too, get into to Target and grab a Pro Gamer joystick for 29 bucks.....best thing i ever did:) USB wireless.

I bought a wireless logitech controller a couple of weeks back to play PS/2 games on my PC - maybe I'll give that a go :)

Yep - due to close 7pm 26th I believe - lets not give more time for others to overtake me - I'm already down in about 10th place and going further down the leaderboard

another one! games are 2 weeks remember ? :rolleyes

another one! games are 2 weeks remember ? :rolleyes

That would make the 26th July. One more week to go with Crush Roller?

" To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the body of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score.

Crush Roller comp closes 7PM June 26th. "

OMG in the 1st post you said crush roller closes 7 july or some shit, don't you mean terra cresta

Some shit yeah :lol that will teach me to copy paste the template from the 1st game and edit *almost* all the words :redface

Fixed. Now I'm off for a game of Terra Cresta.

First time I've had one of my nominations selected :) yay me! ;)

Already the scores are around my personal best though :o

Oh well, love this game. Played it alot when I was 14 in a fish and chip shop in Seaton shopping centre. Was a 10 min bike ride but worth it.

Time for some serious gaming :cool:

Cool game! I haven't played it before, but the look and feel is very 'Xevious' upgraded to the max.

The powerup system is cool, looking at the attract mode, seems you can get some serious firepower happening too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25332[/ATTACH]

Another one that escaped me during my childhood. This MGL seems to have a habbit of finding annoyingly addictive (and hard) games :-/

It is going to take me a few goes to get a good run through. Annoying too that I got to nearly 40k with 3 lives in tact and then I got butchered!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25333[/ATTACH]

First time I've had one of my nominations selected :) yay me! ;)

Already the scores are around my personal best though :o

Oh well, love this game. Played it a lot when I was 14 in a fish and chip shop in Seaton shopping centre. Was a 10 min bike ride but worth it.

Time for some serious gaming :cool:

When I was 14 I would ride my bike all day..........then riding for an extra hour or more to play a game, or go to a jump was nothing. Last year rode my bike in a 24hr MTB race and qualified for the world titles, unfortunately I suffered necrotic tissue and after surgery had nearly two months off training and work, suffering some of the most intense pain you could imagine (some of the procedures in hospital were incredible also) but I could not wait to get back on my bike though, and I'm now starting to train hard again, perhaps some more endurance efforts? but will consider that I need to back off before death.

You think playing Terra Cresta was "worth" the effort of riding your bike for 10mins ? LOL dude bring it on ;)