X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGL13 Game 1: Crush Roller [FINISHED]

FOOT
    puts the boot in and kicks off MGL13 with his nomination,

For those new to the MGL - it's important we are all playing with the same ROM and dip switch settings, see below.

ROM NAME: crush.zip (Kural Samno)

DIP SWITCH SETTINGS:

Lives: 3
    First Pattern: Easy
    Teleport Holes: OFF

GAME DETAILS:

Manufacturer: Kural Samno
    Year: 1981
    Genre: Labyrinth/Maze
    Joystick: 4-way (up, down, left, right)
    Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Crush Roller Description

The player controls a paintbrush to paint paths within a maze. The player is harassed by two fish which can be temporarily destroyed by running them over with a one of two paint rollers located near the maze center. A critter occasionally emerges to leave footprints on painted areas which must then be repainted.

For more info, visit http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=7454

To qualify for MGL points you will need to have submitted a score by stating your score in the body of your message, and posting a screenshot in this thread. Submit scores as many times as you like, please post a new message for each new score.

Crush Roller comp closes 7PM June 26th.

LEADERBOARD:

Knight76: 148,640
    Foot: 138,320
    Spartan: 125,370
    Pelly: 123,100
    Kane: 111,220
    Johns-Arcade: 110,990
    Jammasized: 80,400
    azathoth: 67,550
    Brad: 60,620
    SectionZ: 58,910
    Rat: 40,740
    Firepower: 38,390
    John73: 32,260
    Gameroom: 28,490

DKong: 24,130
    Dezbaz: 23,350
    RetrozOr: 22,710
    Hollo: 16,330
    wingtipvortex: 13,650
    Shabu: 10,470

@lien_Zed: 7,020
    Last edited by Jed; 27th June 2011, 10:58 AM.

Hehehe

Trivia - You know that marque is the actual one that I have in my shed
    "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Cool, a nice quick game
      Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

I'll start things off with this crap score I've only given it half an hour so far, but very difficult.

Come on Foot and others that have played this, start dishing the tips

Comment

Cool game indeed, one of my favs, although according to my Mame playing mates I'm a sad middle aged git with a penchant for maze games from the early eighties!

I submit the first score of 18970.

Edit - Dam you John, I submit my first score
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Fire_Power; 12th June 2011, 03:47 PM. Reason: beaten to punch

Comment

cool, found the game we are to play, yippie, off to the cabinet i go
            rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
            if your new to electronics and

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
              Come on Foot and others that have played this, start dishing the tips
              Tips come later in the course of a game. I for one don't want to see tips or howto's posted so close to a game start, especially given each game is now 2 weeks. Part of the fun with MGL is learning how to play an unfamiliar game your own way. So, have fun with it

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                Tips come later in the course of a game. I for one don't want to see tips or howto's posted so close to a game start, especially given each game is now 2 weeks. Part of the fun with MGL is learning how to play an unfamiliar game your own way. So, have fun with it
                I second that Pump in those credits and bash it out for a while first. The learning curve is part of the fun bits

Comment

That might do me for a while. May give it another bash later on tonight, but I tend to play games best first thing in the mornings

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                  Fair enough

Comment

well i played for a while, it kinda reminds me of pacman a bit.... and it bored me to tears as well unfortunately.... i just cant get in to this game, played it a few times,never played it before, and never will ever again, lol

best score 7020Click image for larger version

Name:	crushed.at.crush.png
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1785670

might have a few glasses of wine and try again
                    rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
                    if your new to electronics and

Comment

Originally posted by @lien_Zed View Post
                      well i played for a while, it kinda reminds me of pacman a bit.... and it bored me to tears as well unfortunately.... i just cant get in to this game, played it a few times,never played it before, and never will ever again, lol

best score 7020[ATTACH=CONFIG]25184[/ATTACH]

might have a few glasses of wine and try again
                      Can't say it's my cup of tea either oh well, win some you lose some I guess

Comment

I just installed a new soundcard Asus Xonar Essence STX and the soundtrack of this game is really ummmmmm, actually I heard "can you put your headphones on dear?" a request that I nearly always ignore but I could sympathize.

I like this game, but I'm not good at it, I tried a few wines and got 7k so @lien_Zed I can confirm that wont help I think my PB is a bit over 10k, so I'm not gunna take this one out. Those that invest the time to learn patterns will do well, I wont be able to find the time for that.

I agree that people shouldn't give tips this early.
                        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

What is this learn patterns you speak of?
                          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Hate this game. Anyway, my score of 24,040 should send me to the top of the leaderboard for at least 5 mins.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Hi.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1785671
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                              Hate this game. Anyway, my score of 24,040 should send me to the top of the leaderboard for at least 5 mins.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]25185[/ATTACH]
                              8 mins and you are still at the top

I will try again now, but I'm pissed

I will persist with this a bit more over the week

I hope it's not cheating, but I downloaded an INP file to see what I'm missing - it got me a few more points but I'll be buggered if I can play like the guy who posted this file

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                              I just installed a new soundcard Asus Xonar Essence STX and the soundtrack of this game is really ummmmmm, actually I heard "can you put your headphones on dear?" a request that I nearly always ignore but I could sympathize.
                              I'm single ATM But I'll keep this game in mind if I ever need to get out of a relationship If really is a relationship killing tune

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X