No announcement yet.

MGL 13 - Start Date Announcement and call for format suggestions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know people want simpler and not more complicated but if each game gets two weeks, which i like, off set them so that there's still a game finishing and starting each week.

Week 1: Game 1 added
    week 2: Game 2 added
    Week 3: Game 1 ends and Game 3 added....

MGL would be 13 weeks but you'd always have two games being played and a game starting and finishing each week (apart from first and last weeks).

and ban the Veto .

Comment

Originally posted by Taverner View Post
      and ban the Veto .
      How else will I get any fighters (mortal kombat) taken out!!!!

Brad
      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

I know people want simpler and not more complicated but if each game gets two weeks, which i like, off set them so that there's still a game finishing and starting each week.

Week 1: Game 1 added
        week 2: Game 2 added

Week 3: Game 1 ends and Game 3 added....

MGL would be 13 weeks but you'd always have two games being played and a game starting and finishing each week (apart from first and last weeks).

and ban the Veto .
        I like the staggered start and finish idea. It would also make the final week of play much easier to manage, as its usually close.

personally, am in two minds about the veto. Why dont we just say 'no fighting games in the mgl ' instead

Comment

MK I can deal with but to kick out Street Fighter 2 which happened a few back just seems wrong, it's up there with DK and Space Invaders for importance to arcade and creating it's own classic era in gaming.

Comment

+1 for the staggered format.

Less than three weeks until the start date, I can't wait to join in

Hope I can get my cabinet finished in time

Comment

Looks like 2 games per 2 weeks with a staggered format is the go. Thanks to SectionZ and Taverner for these very good ideas

Nominations to kick off this Sunday. 5 nominations per player. I'll start a new nominations thread on Sunday.

Open slather, nominate what you want, no veto, if you can play it in Mame then we'll give it a crack

Comment

Woohoo mahjong games for all!
                "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Polish your white loafers guys it's Dance Dance Revolution!!

Comment

Sounds like a few good ideas there guys
                    Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                    DSB Electrical Facebook
                    VAPS
                    Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                    Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

MK I can deal with but to kick out Street Fighter 2 which happened a few back just seems wrong, it's up there with DK and Space Invaders for importance to arcade and creating it's own classic era in gaming.
                      The problem with fighting games is that they wern't designed to be played for score. I mean SF2 keeps the high score going even when you continue!

Basically, they are just not very good for score competitions like MGL.

BTW, I am a huge SF fan and play SSF2T on GGPO so I do love these games but I just don't think they suit this competition.

Comment

Originally posted by spl View Post
                        The problem with fighting games is that they wern't designed to be played for score. I mean SF2 keeps the high score going even when you continue!

Basically, they are just not very good for score competitions like MGL.

BTW, I am a huge SF fan and play SSF2T on GGPO so I do love these games but I just don't think they suit this competition.
                        Spot on.

Brad
                        My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

How is that an issue? With save states it has to be all on the honour system anyway and we've happily played games that dont even save high scores. I wouldn't want to see a lot of them because lets face it vs fighters are always more fun against your mates but like some other genres like racers, walkalongbeatemups etc it'd still be a good way to mix mgls up.

Comment

MGL XIII Nominations here guys

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...nations-thread

Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                            DSB Electrical Facebook
                            VAPS
                            Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                            Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
                              Thanks dez :-)

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X