Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl12 game 11: Space invaders '95

RAT puts a different spin on a classic with his nomination,

http://i53.tinypic.com/116no5y.jpg

yeah I know that's not the real cab:laugh: couldn't find an image anywhere...

DIP SWITCHES / ROM:

ROMSet: spcinv95.zip (world)

Lives: 3

Difficulty: Normal

NB: These are the Twin Galaxies Mame defaults, but the rom wont let you change dips anyhow.

Space Invaders '95 Description

An upgrade to the original classic shooter. The game features tons of very cute and happy looking aliens like the pink octopuses. There is also a level which features the original aliens.

Manufacturer: Taito

Year: 1995

Type: Videogame

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Shooter

Monitor:

• Orientation: Vertical
  • Type: Raster: Standard Resolution
  • CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Taito F3 System JAMMA

Game Specific: Space Invaders '95 Pinout

Number of Simultaneous Players: 2

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Joint

Control Panel Layout: Multiple Player

Controls:

• Joystick: 2-way (left, right)
  • Buttons: 2 [FireSpecial Weapon]

Sound: Amplified Stereo (two channel)

More info: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9663

Your scores need to be in by next Sunday 27th of February BY 7PM. (NSW daylight savings time)

Games for MGL12 are selected at random from the MGL 12 nomination thread.To nominate games after the competition has started, play in a game and submit a score, then you can add your nominations. They will be added to the MGL12 list.

Progress Scores:

Rat 394,140

Foot 219,520

Kane 209,940

Dkong 186,140

Taverner 150,770

Jammasized 146,510

Brad 144,950

Knight76 95,800

Wingtipvortex 81,690

Dezbaz 2,800

Edited by Jed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a few games. Enjoying the more modern take on space invaders.

It's a pity at the start when the invaders are still black and white, that is isnt totally space invaderised like with your ship and the shields etc. Then turns everything color etc.

I like how each ship has a different special attack.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/knight76/Misc%20Stuff/0000-1.jpg

Loving the variety. From vertical scroller, to side scroller, to stationary schmup. :lol What odds Time Pilot is coming up next?.

I'm cursing wingtip's dice rolling skills, he uses his trusty D100 to choose the games I think, I'd like to examine it :lol three shooters in a row now marks my steadly fall off the podium :rolleyes Need to become better at shmups if I want to ever win this thing ! It's good though, as the best allrounder for the games usually comes out on top :)

BTW that's 10 games and 10 different winners, pretty sure that's a first for MGL's ?

I'm cursing wingtip's dice rolling skills, he uses his trusty D100 to choose the games I think, I'd like to examine it :lol three shooters in a row now marks my steadly fall off the podium :rolleyes Need to become better at shmups if I want to ever win this thing ! It's good though, as the best allrounder for the games usually comes out on top :)

BTW that's 10 games and 10 different winners, pretty sure that's a first for MGL's ?

Would be for sure, I don't remember so many different winners:cool:

I had 2 games of this tonight one on the keyboard then the joystick, anyone know if you can get an extra man, or why the large UFO at the top sometimes drops down when you hit it ?

0002.png.5fe5e6ad1704f7ab29650934658497f6.png

Would be for sure, I don't remember so many different winners:cool:

I had 2 games of this tonight one on the keyboard then the joystick, anyone know if you can get an extra man, or why the large UFO at the top sometimes drops down when you hit it ?

I think it drops down cos it can hit the invaders and cause a little explosion.

OK guys, I will give you the tips I can think of for now, maybe a few more later as I play a bit more, really there are not too many tactics just shoot and dodge.

One thing I'm finding refreshing about this shooter after the last couple is not losing accumulated power ups :)

If you don't miss any enemies their score increases to 300ea, back down to 10 when you miss one. This is handy to get a few more points on the first two screens, but then it gets too hectic to worry about.

Most of you will have noticed that you can hold the button down for a power shot, these are good for bosses.

The plain looking spaceship not carrying a power up drops down when hit with the first shot, shoot it again and he explodes killing enemies around it.

The levels are varied and innovative, do a few continues and have a look at later levels.

OK guys, I will give you the tips I can think of for now, maybe a few more later as I play a bit more, really there are not too many tactics just shoot and dodge.

One thing I'm finding refreshing about this shooter after the last couple is not losing accumulated power ups :)

If you don't miss any enemies their score increases to 300ea, back down to 10 when you miss one. This is handy to get a few more points on the first two screens, but then it gets too hectic to worry about.

Most of you will have noticed that you can hold the button down for a power shot, these are good for bosses.

The plain looking spaceship not carrying a power up drops down when hit with the first shot, shoot it again and he explodes killing enemies around it.

The levels are varied and innovative, do a few continues and have a look at later levels.

Cheers for that I was wondering why I was scoring 300's on the first couple of screens:)

Nice score BTW what stage may I ask?

Just got 395k, had potential to smash my PB, had 153k after the first boss, got perfect on the first 3 challenge stages, but game over before the screens I usually get up to.

Not many posting scores?

That's it for me this week, off to work, I hope people enjoyed being attacked by lunar loonies :)

Edited by Rat

A few hours left for Spacies 95, an important game points-wise for the leading contenders, leading into the final game for MGL12. I'm fairly sure there's a couple of scores up sleeves here and there still :laugh:

Rat's looking pretty hard to beat at the moment though...

Yeah Tav is holding his poker face on this one:).

Played through a couple of later levels yesterday with continue very Paridous SI style, good fun game.

Find I am getting done going for the 300 bonus's , love a game that has different tactical aspects :)