No announcement yet.

Mgl 12 game 9: Raiden

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally made it through first level without dying and made a decent show of the second.
    Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

updated score in later post

I get perfect every time on the first screen, then I can't believe how quickly it all goes to crap.

Nearly made it through the second screen without getting hit, that would have been a good score, hopefully I will be able to achieve that tomorrow.

I used to be able to get about 600k on this in the arcades, I need to get in the zone.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Rat; 12 February 2011, 01:01 PM.
      Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........still doing crap on the second screen, perhaps I played the easy dips difficulty when I got my PB? I might have a go on that setting later and see what difference it makes.

Update.....I tried with easy dip settings, and the enemies bullets are notibly slower and easier to dodge, this makes the second level a bit easier and is how I would have played better in the arcade. A bit dissapointing to find i'm not as good at it as I thought, oh well, back to "Normal" diff now and will have a couple more tries.
        Last edited by Rat; 11 February 2011, 06:35 PM. Reason: update....
        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

In a few quick games of play (mainly because I died to easily) I managed to get 57k. Hopefully will have some time to practice tomorrow in the hopes of cracking the 100k mark and beyond.

Comment

Hey and welcome to the MGL cdbrown

Comment

Originally posted by spl View Post
              The purple toothpaste laser? haha yeah it's pretty useless.

Raiden DX which is the remix of Raiden 2 is considered the "best" Raiden by alot of people. It still has that purple laser though.
              Useless? It's by far the best weapon in the game.

I can easily clear a mil in Raiden DX. Raiden is much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Hewitson View Post
                Useless? It's by far the best weapon in the game.

I can easily clear a mil in Raiden DX. Raiden is much more difficult.
                :LOL.thumb: Actually thought you talked some truth but this proves it.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd like to know what you think I'm bullshitting about. That purple weapon makes the game a piece of piss.

Raiden DX is a much higher scoring game than Raiden.
                  Last edited by Hewitson; 12 February 2011, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Comment

All I know is, if you die on the first stage your chances of a high score are screwed LOL!

Brad
                      My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Originally posted by Hewitson View Post
                        I'd like to know what you think I'm bullshitting about. That purple weapon makes the game a piece of piss.

Raiden DX is a much higher scoring game than Raiden.
                        Just going along the lines of dodging bullets and enemies is the hardest part of this game, yes the purple laser is good due to the homing capabilities but you still have to stay alive.

I have a Raiden DX and can't get that more than normal Raiden maybe I was a bit harsh with the comment but if you can get over 1000000 on DX you should be able to easily get 500000 on this IMO.
                        sigpic

Comment

The purple weapon in DX is unbalanced, making the game much easier, WTF is the point if you don't have to aim at all?

IMHO the purple weapon lost the plot and ruined what could have been a good game. Yes I could play without using it, and i have before, but when the idea is to get the highest score you can, then you use the easiest weapon, so it's difficult to avoid.

I don't want games to be "a piece of piss" I want them to have a fair and balanced difficulty curve that rewards skilled play.

Vertical shooters beyond the late 90's have an annoying habit of putting a kill screen every now and then where the enemy bullets cover nearly the whole screen making it impossible to survive. That is even more crap than making them too easy.

Comment

Slight improvement
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                              Slight improvement
                              Was that bonus's on the first two levels
                              sigpic

Comment

No, still have not made it through the second with a bonus, grrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X