Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 12 - game 8: Moon patrol

Wingtipvortex wants you on the dark side of the moon, join him there for a

http://i56.tinypic.com/t6wmc9.jpg

DIP SWITCHES / ROM: <<---- PAY ATTENTION !!! :lol

ROMSet: MPatrolW.zip

Lives: 5

Bonus Life: 10,000

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8747

Moon Patrol Description

Player drives a moon buggy jumping over craters, rocks and land mines, shooting simultaneously at rocks in front and aliens above while dodging their missiles. Features very catchy background music and cute bouncing tires when the buggy is destroyed. Foreground and background terrain scroll at different rates giving the illusion of depth.

Your scores need to be in by next Sunday 6th of February BY 7PM. (NSW daylight savings time)

Games for MGL12 are selected at random from the MGL 12 nomination thread.To nominate games after the competition has started, play in a game and submit a score, then you can add your nominations. They will be added to the MGL12 list.

PROGRESS SCORES:

Wingtipvortex 191,370

Rat 172,900

Dkong 151,910

Taverner 108,620

Jammasized 103,510

Brad 84,860

Kane 51,860

Knight76 34,500

Dezbaz 31,590

Edited by Jed

dee de diddle diddle deee..................twee twee tweee......dooooo........dooooo....crsssssh.......diddle diddle diee

tooo tired to play, have fun guys :)

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Yeah I'm paying attention.......lives 5

I'm fairly sure my frogger and moon patrol MGL hi scores were both 3 lives before?

Not complaining, just saying :061:s

Love this game, even if it is a bit of a memory game rather than pure skill.

But won't get much of a play, maybe a couple of games tomorrow before I go to work, then after work I'm off to act like a clown at the Golconda Circus festival :)

Fa%%k looks like life has got in the way of this MGL, I might have more time in winter?

dee de diddle diddle deee..................twee twee tweee......dooooo........dooooo....crsssssh.......diddle diddle diee

tooo tired to play, have fun guys :)

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Yeah I'm paying attention.......lives 5

I'm fairly sure my frogger and moon patrol MGL hi scores were both 3 lives before?

Not complaining, just saying :061:s

Love this game, even if it is a bit of a memory game rather than pure skill.

But won't get much of a play, maybe a couple of games tomorrow before I go to work, then after work I'm off to act like a clown at the Golconda Circus festival :)

Fa%%k looks like life has got in the way of this MGL, I might have more time in winter?

Come on king of Moon Patrol.....play at least 1 game!!:D

Just a couple games to get going :)

The last time I played this in a comp the winning score was 243k and that drove me on, and I know Wingtip and Dkong also made big scores that time around too ;) So expecting some high scoring this time around too.

I reckon this is much more than just a memory game, this game for me has it all...Shmupping, inertia, precision, soft-touch controls, well paced learning curve (the advanced barrels especially stuffed me for ages) and probably some of the coolest music ever in a video game...

Just noticed Rat has already eclipsed his old MGL Record by day 2!:cool:

Edited by Jed

I assume you made it through the second challenging area ?(third stage)

From memory that stage just repeats now with no difficulty increase?

Championship 3 is where i got to, as far as i know it does repeat but i didnt notice, as i tend to be in a bit of a frenzy:lol Its the flying blue ships that mess me up as they are never the same when they drop bombs. It all depends on where you are or your speed as far as i can tell.

Cant manage 200K today though, it was a beer driven mission last night:D

Got to retract my score lads, wingtip(dickhead)vortex had dips set incorrectly. That being extra lives at 10K 30K 50K. I thought i had heaps of lives, sorry peoples:redface Back to the drawing board.

damn, and I thought I tried to make the dip settings extra visible this week too :laugh:

You can get back there ... playing with 5 starting lives and one extra to get, is the same as playing with 3 starting and 10/30/50 still have 6 total lives, long as you can make 50k :)

By the way. Anyone interested in playing in a side game of Battlezone ? Run it for the rest of the MGL. Highest score will get a special prize which I'll put up. Dunno what yet. Figured it will never be played in an MGL due to it's control setup. I"m sure some people can config something to play it. Green vectors are go. No points just fun.