Mgl 12 game 6: Berzerk

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best game of Berzerk ever - 3rd game in

Made it to the 2nd set of pink robots past the 3 or 4 sets of white robots (fast moving, fast bullets) carried two lives there but blew them both.

The pink robots bullets are even faster than the white, but the 'bots themselves are slower moving, which I find easier.

When you get up to the white robots and beyond, the game becomes all about surviving the first few seconds of the level....pretty manic stuff if you can get past those first few seconds then you can usually setup the rest of the bots for the screen clear.

I $@#%$@#% love this game imo it's one of the most timeless shooters of all time, and it's not a button masher

Comment

Comment

Haha, no worries guys I'll give it a go later on. 20k is being a bit ambitious but I reckon I can definitely do 10.

If I don't make another post in this thread you can assume I couldn't do it and am eating my words

Comment

Originally posted by Hewitson View Post
          If I don't make another post in this thread you can assume I couldn't do it and am eating my words
          oops. might have to put my money where my mouth is.
          HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Comment

Originally posted by Hewitson View Post
            Haha, no worries guys I'll give it a go later on. 20k is being a bit ambitious but I reckon I can definitely do 10.

That's the humanoid spirit... fight like a robot!

Wingtip I played that song you posted while making my breakfast, at first I thought wtf, until the samples came in

Comment

I forgot all about being able to get shot through the neck.. One of the coolest bugs I've ever seen that.

Comment

Dip problems again mine has dips for extra men, but not for bullet speed or starting men?

Is it just me that has these dips missing? does everyone else play with default without checking?
                Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                  Dip problems again mine has dips for extra men, but not for bullet speed or starting men?
                  Is it just me that has these dips missing? does everyone else play with default without checking?
                  Yeah, mine is the same, Jammasized is just being extra thorough with DIP info

Comment

Cripes realised I had my dips set for an extra man only for 5000, that should make a huge difference to my score ( considering I can't make 10,000 atm )

If I run into another explosion again and die will , well lets hope it does not happen, shoot a dude and run forward and get killed by the explosive matter WTF this is 1981 right ???
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post

Yeh there's actually nothing to change except extra life to 5k, 10k... I take the dips from Twin Galaxies settings for Mame, sometimes they're actually not there in full when I look at the mame menu on my cab

Dkong easy solution, stay away from the explosions

Quick tip always exit from the right hand exit if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                        Yeh there's actually nothing to change except extra life to 5k, 10k... I take the dips from Twin Galaxies settings for Mame, sometimes they're actually not there in full when I look at the mame menu on my cab

Dkong easy solution, stay away from the explosions

Quick tip always exit from the right hand exit if you can.
                        Ha , was getting a bit quick on my next kill and running and firing and found that the explosions left from the robots were killing me.

Good tip on the exit right of screen , always did this tried a few different ways tonight up and down not good

Having troubles with diagonal kills I seem to get killed every time I go for one. Just lining them up behind walls atm
                        sigpic

Comment

Still shit

More work needed
                          Regards

Dez

DSB Electrical
                          DSB Electrical Facebook
                          VAPS
                          Vector Monitor Repro Parts
                          Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

Comment

Didn't find the white ones too difficult, got through them with two men remaining, but the next colour killed me straight away twice, I didn't even get a shot in.
                            Attached Files
                            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Like your new avatar DKong, wonder if it's real? and if it's on Billy himself?

Comment

lucky i didnt make a bet with you for 10k eh rat ? i wooda been sayin "rats!"

in the nicest possible way of course

comeon hewitson! u can do it buddy!
                                HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X