Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 12 game 6: Berzerk

Jammasized thinks you're a chicken, so fight like a robot with:

http://i51.tinypic.com/2zpjl6u.jpg

ROM AND DIP SWITCHES

ROMSet: berzerk.zip

Extra Lives: 5k, 10k

Description:

Humanoid player runs through maze-like rooms, destroying robots while avoiding their fire. The indestructable Evil Otto is the game's timer, forcing the player to move on.

More Info: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7096

Your scores need to be in by next Sunday 23rd of January BY 7PM. (NSW daylight savings time)

Progress Scores:

Kane = 13,520

Jammasized = 12,430

Ramere = 10,850

Rat = 10,210

Brad = 9,670

Taverner = 8,590

Wingtipvortex = 6760

Dkong = 6,060

Dezbaz = 2,530

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Gotta say thanks to Wingtipvortex for rolling this one up :)

Such a classic, so much history involved with this game - one of the first to have speech (make sure you get the samples.zip as it really adds a lot to the game) also people have actually died while playing it :blink: it also caused a decades-long rift between two great alltime players in the scene, when one beat the other's score without telling him :lol

Edited by Jed

Yay! Made it past the White Robots and up to 11k, don't know if I'll be able to beat that for the rest of week...

Nice score Kane, I agree the white robots are a killer! My best is around the same (10,900) but haven't got that for a while, need to get into training for this brilliant game :D

i'm callin you on that. :laugh: prove it and i'll donate $5 to AA (is the server fund still collectin' ?). $10 for 20k. :p

:lol

If anyone (let alone ....Hewitson....) gets 20k I'll be slightly amazed, this is a tough, tough game and anything above 10k is a damn good score :)

My best game of Berzerk ever - 3rd game in :D

Made it to the 2nd set of pink robots past the 3 or 4 sets of white robots (fast moving, fast bullets) carried two lives there but blew them both.

The pink robots bullets are even faster than the white, but the 'bots themselves are slower moving, which I find easier.

When you get up to the white robots and beyond, the game becomes all about surviving the first few seconds of the level....pretty manic stuff :blink: if you can get past those first few seconds then you can usually setup the rest of the bots for the screen clear.

I $@#%$@#% love this game imo it's one of the most timeless shooters of all time, and it's not a button masher ;)

Haha, no worries guys I'll give it a go later on. 20k is being a bit ambitious but I reckon I can definitely do 10.

If I don't make another post in this thread you can assume I couldn't do it and am eating my words :lol

That's the humanoid spirit... fight like a robot!

Wingtip I played that song you posted while making my breakfast, at first I thought wtf, until the samples came in :cool:

Dip problems again :rolleyes mine has dips for extra men, but not for bullet speed or starting men?

Is it just me that has these dips missing? does everyone else play with default without checking?

Yeah, mine is the same, Jammasized is just being extra thorough with DIP info :unsure

Cripes realised I had my dips set for an extra man only for 5000, that should make a huge difference to my score :laugh: ( considering I can't make 10,000 atm :rolleyes)

If I run into another explosion again and die will , well lets hope it does not happen, shoot a dude and run forward and get killed by the explosive matter WTF this is 1981 right ???

Dip problems again :rolleyes mine has dips for extra men, but not for bullet speed or starting men?

Is it just me that has these dips missing? does everyone else play with default without checking?

Yeh there's actually nothing to change except extra life to 5k, 10k... I take the dips from Twin Galaxies settings for Mame, sometimes they're actually not there in full when I look at the mame menu on my cab :unsure

Dkong easy solution, stay away from the explosions :laugh:

Quick tip always exit from the right hand exit if you can.