Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl 12 game 4: Wonderboy

Tiger8855 steps forward to be counted. Is he really the..

http://i51.tinypic.com/9fql4i.jpg

ROM AND DIP SWITCHES

Number of Players: 3

Score For An Additional Player: 30000, 100000, 170000, 240000

Difficulty: Easy

ROMSet: wboy.zip

Wonderboy Description:

A little boy ventures through Wonderland in this horizontally scrolling game. There are four areas, each with four levels and end bosses. Walking and jumping depletes your energy so you must eat food found along the way. The object of this game is for Wonder Boy to rescue his girlfriend, Tina, from the evil wizard, King.

More Info: http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=10463

NOTE: when you want to update your score, please post a NEW message, and NEW screen, instead of updating a previous post. Makes it easier for me to track new scores and update the progress score ladder as the week goes on. Thanks :)

Your scores need to be in by next Sunday 9th of January BY 7PM. (NSW daylight savings time)

PROGRESS SCORES:

Section Z = 674,200

Jardine = 621,810

Rat = 413,790

Tiger8855 = 399,150

Jammasized = 323,940

Taverner = 250,720

Dkong = 224,770

Foot = 132,180

Kane = 105,740

Dezbaz = 44,210

Edited by Jed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good nomination :)

A bit rusty, haven't played this for ages but it used to be a regular. A fun platformer that isn't ridiculously hard, improvement comes pretty quickly, even if you're unfamiliar with the game. Skateboarding through the clouds sections never gets old :)

Wingtip and Vectrex are bumpin out a few games right now:)

Great pic wingtip, I've been thinking recently about a 'meet your fellow MGL'ers' type thread within the MGL forum (well not meet....but at least, see!) where you can post a pic of yourself at your cab / mame machine / laptop / grotto or whatever, it would be kind of cool I think, to put a face to some of the names ?

Edited by Jed

Ohhhhhh.............classic game, used to play this a fair bit in the arcade because it was a good value for money game.

Never completed it, and wont now, but have come close.

Will play, but expect to come middle of the ranks due to time, and motivation. Takes soooooo long to get to the bits i find hard, then i die.

Have been tempted to save state to finish in the past, but don't want to cheat myself.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Is that Vectrex manipulating his knob in the chair at your place Wingtip?

Perhaps he would like to come up and play Asteroids, it's Vector, but has no knobs.

TTBA

[/color]Is that Vectrex manipulating his knob in the chair at your place Wingtip?

Perhaps he would like to come up and play Asteroids, it's Vector, but has no knobs.

TTBA

:lol

They should be in Launceston this weekend, are you going to be home, you should come around for a few games and we could come around for a few games of Asteroids :)

Always been a big fan of the series but no wonder I've sucked at it since getting the cabinet going, I either never knew or completely forgot that holding down the fire button gives you a boost.

So many wonderboys needlessly drowned :(.

First game 350k, will have another couple, but I get bored redoing the early screens.

Dips seem to be Easy or Hard, no "Normal" to select so I played on Easy. I think this needs to be checked.

Dips seem to be Easy or Hard, no "Normal" to select so I played on Easy. I think this needs to be checked.

Thanks for the heads up, TG doesn't have a mame dips listing for wonderboy at all, nor scores, which is weird, it only has an arcade machine dip + score listing, full details are:

Arcade Rules: Dip Switch A:

1-8 = OFF Dip Switch B:

1 = ON/OFF [upright/Table]

2-8 = OFF

Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title;

Number of Players: 3

Score For An Additional Player: 30000, 100000, 170000, 240000

Difficulty: Normal

Special Rules: Collecting all 28 Dolls is optional. You may obtain additional extra lives by finding the hidden letters to spell the word SEGA.

Will look into my dip settings on my cab - have just tried to on the laptop but I cant even get the rom working in either of my mames :x

Have checked my cab's version, also only two difficulty settings, have changed the tournament game dip settings to EASY in the first post, extra man still the same points.

Sorry about the mixup !

Damn you Jamma, i was playing on "hard" and kicking ass all over the place!!! Now i have to reset to easy:lol

Ha me too, been making good progress on hard... but now changing difficulty to easy, seems to me all it does is give you a very generous vitality meter ? rest of the game plays the same.

Level 2 area 2 now, I'm getting up near my record :lol Rat seems to be the one to beat 350k :o