Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Burger Time :) Xmass break game.

if youre button mashing then youre not doing it right. cant make burger time game two of the xmas break??

As far as read it Henry, its an alternative game over xmas. That being, we can play both:) Some gamers just don't like MK type of games( i am one of them ). i will give it a go.......but just doesn't tickle my nads, and its nice to have an alternative game to play.

After all, MK was voted out of MGL for a reason:unsure

• Administrators
As far as read it Henry, its an alternative game over xmas. That being, we can play both:) Some gamers just don't like MK type of games( i am one of them ). i will give it a go.......but just doesn't tickle my nads, and its nice to have an alternative game to play.

After all, MK was voted out of MGL for a reason:unsure

+1 as stated earlier and wingtip stated it nicely :lol it just doesn't tickle my nads being an early 80's child and all.

Brad

I wondered...before putting MK up as Christmas Game #1.... Would regular MGL'ers want to step out of their comfort zone, and rise to the challenge playing a game they ordinarily wouldn't have a bar of ? Would MGL'ers even want to see how they fared against others, who probably have never played it much, either ? Answer being for some... Gah! A Fighter! Quick, take us back to the 80's :laugh:

Anyway, that's why I put it up, despite it being nommed out of the regular point-scoring comp. A new non/points challenge not in your normal area of gaming. It's a divisive game though - control wise, and maybe the wrong Era for many here, maybe a mistake to put it up :unsure BTW for the record I'm 44 y/o, and only like pre '85 games... platformers/maze/vector games, Fighters never took my coin back in the day, either.

That being said, Burger Time is a cool game and I'll play that too. I'll nominate Dragon's Lair as Alternative Game #2, but probably only I will play it ;) And while we're at it, Monty on The Run for the C64. No wait...

• Administrators

Meh, I don't mind people liking or wanting to play it. I personally hate fighters. Always have and I'd say always will. Have I played them...hell yes but I don't like them and I never ever want to get into them enough that I need to learn the button joystick combos to get good at them. I just don't like fighters. To each their own.

It's nothing to do with a comfort zone either. I mean I truly hated Qix (much prefer super quix) but I played it to submit a score. I can assure you that I probably would not have even bothered with MK if it was in the real comp. I am that disinterested in that style of game :blink:

Brad

I think we have all said our piece on MK and the suggestion for the next game over xmas, and i think its a good choice. Just to keep a bit of order in the MGL thread, i will post the thread for the Burgertime Xmas game to commence on sunday 7pm shortly. Rat, i can move your post over when the game starts or you can repost your score and snap, up to you mate:)

Thread closed.