• Show
Clear All

• Mgl christmas game 1: Mortal kombat

'Tis the season to be jolly, so get those spinal juices flowing with

DIP SWITCH SETTINGS

ROMSet: mk.zip
    low blows: On

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=8753

A player versus opponent fighting game with digitized character and background graphics. The game was quite controversial when it was released due to the amount of blood and gore it showed during competition. This title also started the infamous "Fatality" trend where the player could perform a special combination of joystick moves and button presses that would violently kill an opponent at the end of a match.

MGL Christmas Game #1 will run until December 26th, and it's just for fun, no points! Who will be the ultimate warrior ?

:Boring.thumb:And I thought you were joking

So it's MK "1" then, damn that rules out setting up the original cab, this will be fun:
    sigpic

Comment

mk1 or bust dkong.

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
        And I thought you were joking
        Throwing a Christmas bone to the bulldog, so lets now see if his bite matches his bark

May even attract a few different players who may not otherwise play in the MGL ?

This will be the first fighting game I have played in many years, probably since Killer Instinct on the SNES or Tekken on the Playstation back in the 90's, great party games both of those

Comment

Originally posted by henrybulldog View Post
          mk1 or bust dkong.
          Love your enthusiasm on your game, so any character etc settings needed , round?
          sigpic

Comment

i mostly play as sub zero. since its a non points round no harm in tips/strategy from the get go. youve got to get a decent amount of double flawless victories early and make your fatalities otherwise you wont make the big points. test your strength is crucial too, make sure you make at least the first two. a strategy i havent explored but would be optimal is during the easy/early rounds win the first, lose the second but just then win the thirs maximising scoriing potential.

ill fire up a game now and let you know how i go.

5795000. missed 2 fatalities, not enough flawless let alone double flawless victories and only one test your strength.
            Last edited by henrybulldog; 20 December 2010, 12:11 AM. Reason: posting score

Comment

5795000. missed 2 fatalities, not enough flawless let alone double flawless victories and only one test your strength.
              Huge score! Just had my first game, I got 170k

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                Huge score! Just had my first game, I got 170k
                TG has the high as 10.2 mil..... Ive NEVER in my life played this game, so i will give it a go, i might like it

Any specific button config lads?

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                  TG has the high as 10.2 mil..... Ive NEVER in my life played this game, so i will give it a go, i might like it

Any specific button config lads?
                  This page has good info on how to config buttons for MK http://www.mameaddicts.com/phpBB3/vi....php?f=7&t=526

Comment

good one to test out the target joysticks on
                    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

youre really very old or very young if youve never played mk. fatalities are the nuts, especially kano's. 170k hmm, im guessing you didnt win your first match?

Comment

I like using Blanka, he's cool
                        "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

i think foot you mean SF2 this is mk
                          you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

170k hmm, im guessing you didnt win your first match?
                            Yep, beaten by the first dude

Buttons not configured though, so had no idea what was going on just beating on all the buttons ham-fisted. Will get it setup later today and try for a more scientific approach, I have a 6-button cab so it should be pretty sweet once setup.

Comment

going from top left to right then buttom left to right the buttons should be.
                              high punch, block, high kick.
                              low punch, block, low kick.

will give it another crack today maybe if i can escape the grasp of the twilight zone.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X