Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Mgl christmas game 1: Mortal kombat

'Tis the season to be jolly, so get those spinal juices flowing with

http://i54.tinypic.com/2zfqtjs.jpg

DIP SWITCH SETTINGS

ROMSet: mk.zip

low blows: On

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=8753

A player versus opponent fighting game with digitized character and background graphics. The game was quite controversial when it was released due to the amount of blood and gore it showed during competition. This title also started the infamous "Fatality" trend where the player could perform a special combination of joystick moves and button presses that would violently kill an opponent at the end of a match.

MGL Christmas Game #1 will run until December 26th, and it's just for fun, no points! Who will be the ultimate warrior ?

And I thought you were joking<_<

Throwing a Christmas bone to the bulldog, so lets now see if his bite matches his bark :p

May even attract a few different players who may not otherwise play in the MGL ?

This will be the first fighting game I have played in many years, probably since Killer Instinct on the SNES or Tekken on the Playstation back in the 90's, great party games both of those :)

i mostly play as sub zero. since its a non points round no harm in tips/strategy from the get go. youve got to get a decent amount of double flawless victories early and make your fatalities otherwise you wont make the big points. test your strength is crucial too, make sure you make at least the first two. a strategy i havent explored but would be optimal is during the easy/early rounds win the first, lose the second but just then win the thirs maximising scoriing potential.

ill fire up a game now and let you know how i go.

5795000. missed 2 fatalities, not enough flawless let alone double flawless victories and only one test your strength.

Edited by henrybulldog
posting score

170k hmm, im guessing you didnt win your first match?

Yep, beaten by the first dude :redface

Buttons not configured though, so had no idea what was going on just beating on all the buttons ham-fisted. Will get it setup later today and try for a more scientific approach, I have a 6-button cab so it should be pretty sweet once setup.

Getting the buttons configured correctly makes a fair difference

Got 1x flawless (using all the one move, the cheap shot of jump + high kick from a distance) but haven't a clue about fatalities, guess I better look those up if I want some better points. Enjoying the game though, it's not too bad at all.

In the end got my arse aerobi-cised by Sonya, felt like i'd been beaten to a pulp by Olivia Newton-John.

http://i55.tinypic.com/9px4k6.jpg

Ah nothing says seasons greetings quite like a dangling spinal cord :).

I've only recently got back into fighting games after getting cp wizard sorted on the cab, it makes a huge difference being able to check moves and combos rather than having to rely on button mashing all the time.

I was playing MK the other night during a bbq and telling a mate (who's younger and never played it) that when it came out Sub Zero's fatality was the most violent thing I'd ever seen in a computer game and imo there's a lot to like about MK, it added plenty of interesting stuff rather than being just another SF clone. Anyway don't think I've ever got to Gorro on one credit but have beaten at least the first endurance match, as you can see in the pic my best this week is getting slayed during the mirror match.

One final comment on MK it must have the most pointless mini game of all time with the super easy stone smashing.

1193033899_MK3144000.png.6e58f22f98315d030a73fcabe46add43.png